W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner of 16' E63s AMG needs cleaning advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
16' E63s rip | 20' C63s Coupe
Lightbulb New Owner of 16' E63s AMG needs cleaning advice.

Hi everyone! Super excited about purchasing my cpo'd 2016 E63s AMG in Iridium Silver! I have a few questions for you guys:

1. What's the best products for exterior washing? What's the deal with waxing? Should I wax it, and if so what wax?
-(include links if possible)

2. What's the best products for interior washing? For the leather, the alcantara, and for the other surfaces?

3. Any other recommended products / tools that will make my daily life easier? (what's the deal with apple car play? is that a thing or ?)
Old 06-24-2019, 04:46 PM

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Adams polishes is what I use, these guys have been in the industry for a while.

I would watch some youtube videos, very informative, thats what I did.

Advice - go to amazon buy a bunch of microfiber,sponges,car wash brushes etc.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:23 PM

Received 182 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 E63s, 2018 GLC43, 2014 E63
I used Meguiars clay bar kit to clean my paint when I first got my CPO car.

Now I just wash by hand with Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax. Previously I was using Meguiars Fast Finish after every other wash, but have now switched to Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Both are super easy to use and work on all surfaces including glass, plastic, rubber, and rims. I will never use traditional wax on any car ever again.

For the interior I use Meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner combo or just the conditioner.

I use microfiber cloths or cotton towels purchased in bulk pack at Costco.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:54 PM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by tcomb
Hi everyone! Super excited about purchasing my cpo'd 2016 E63s AMG in Iridium Silver! I have a few questions for you guys:

1. What's the best products for exterior washing? What's the deal with waxing? Should I wax it, and if so what wax?
-(include links if possible)

2. What's the best products for interior washing? For the leather, the alcantara, and for the other surfaces?

3. Any other recommended products / tools that will make my daily life easier? (what's the deal with apple car play? is that a thing or ?)
a few years ago, i got into ceramic coating instead of wax and havent looked back. its so much easier to apply than wax and the shine is better and lasts for years. the prep is a bit harder...if you want to take full advantage of it...but the benefits are spectacular. in the fall of 2015, i paint corrected my wife's new M4 (dark grey) and my 2012 BMW 550i (black) and then applied CQuartz Finest ceramic coating. when we sold the cars, last fall, the water still beaded and the paint was free from swirls. i did the same with her 2019 M4 and my CLS63 (both black) and the results are just as good.

regardless of if you use wax or ceramic coating....the biggest difference making is going to be your prep and then how you wash/maintain the car, going forward. no automatic car washes, two-bucket method of washing, microfiber towels for EVERYTHING, the right soaps, etc. but thats IF you are as **** as I am about the paint condition and reflections.

hope that helps.

oh...here is a vid showing how easy it is to apply the CQuartz.