Sponsored by:

2019 E53 Convertible 1st Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 06:10 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 E53 Convertible, 2005 Ford GT, 2002 NSX
2019 E53 Convertible 1st Service

So, as I'm close to 10,000 miles, the service reminder came on, I made the appointment, and brought the car in yesterday at 7:30AM. Other than the scheduled service, my "complaints" were as follows:
The inside of the exhaust tips, the black is gone, and they look sloppy. The doors will chop off your legs, if you try to get out of the car on any incline, as there is no indent, that holds them open (I see this is a common complaint). The collision sensors are overly sensitive, and while sitting at a traffic light, they keep warning me of an impending collision by either the car next to me, or those going through the intersection, with the light. So the loaner is a C class, as no E-Class was available, and I'm being told that they've ordered replacement hinges that need to arrive, get sent out to be painted, and hope to get the car back on Tuesday. Of course it's going to be a beautiful weekend, and no convertible.
Just wondering, if the exhaust tips and "sensors", have been common problems on the 2019's or earlier vehicles.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by RPM217
So, as I'm close to 10,000 miles, the service reminder came on, I made the appointment, and brought the car in yesterday at 7:30AM. Other than the scheduled service, my "complaints" were as follows:
The inside of the exhaust tips, the black is gone, and they look sloppy. The doors will chop off your legs, if you try to get out of the car on any incline, as there is no indent, that holds them open (I see this is a common complaint). The collision sensors are overly sensitive, and while sitting at a traffic light, they keep warning me of an impending collision by either the car next to me, or those going through the intersection, with the light. So the loaner is a C class, as no E-Class was available, and I'm being told that they've ordered replacement hinges that need to arrive, get sent out to be painted, and hope to get the car back on Tuesday. Of course it's going to be a beautiful weekend, and no convertible.
Just wondering, if the exhaust tips and "sensors", have been common problems on the 2019's or earlier vehicles.
FWIW, I wish my 2014 e63s had better warning sensors. Most of the time they don't go off until it would have been too late. I just drove the new C63 and liked the warning setup. As for the doors, sounds like a bad design and I wonder which hinge they are planning on installing (clearly not OE). Good luck
Old 08-08-2019, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Hey RPM217, thanks for your input but your 2019 E53 is a W213. You posted in the W212 forum. The W212 chassis ended in the 2016 model year. Hope those hinges work out.