W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Location of Auxillary Battery Location in 2014 E63s AMG Wagon???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2019 | 04:53 PM

E63 AMG Wagon
Location of Auxillary Battery Location in 2014 E63s AMG Wagon???

Anyone have any idea where the auxiliary battery is located on a 2014 E63 AMG Wagon?

I've checked all of the obvious places, but maybe i've missed it??

1)luggage compartment- under the floor around spare tire, either side of the luggage compartment behind the removable panels. Only thing on the floor of the luggage area/boot is a big box marked Harmon Karden so i assume that is audio stuff.

2) left side of steering wheel- where the door touches the dash seemed most promising per the misc videos but that panel does not come apart the way it does on the sedan it seems.

3) Engine bay at all unless it's under the fuse box??

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tracy
Old 12-09-2019 | 07:46 PM

2016 E63s
My 2014 E550 was in the trunk behind some panel. I know you said you already looked there but there might be some false panel you’ve missed. See video below.

I know, the wagon might be different. But I suspect MB wouldn’t want to have such a dramatic departure in design from the sedan for assembly and maintenance purposes - the entire front half of the car is likely identical.

Old 12-10-2019 | 10:07 AM

E63 AMG Wagon
Thanks NoVaE63s but the back half of the wagon is very different then the sedan. nothing in the spare tire 'bay'. Merc Dealer says it's to the left of the steering wheel in the dash but that is not adding up as the panel does not come off as easily as some of the vid's i've seen show it coming apart.
I'll wait to see if someone else has done it or figure out a way to get to the nearest Merc dealer which is 250 miles away. Thankfully that battery has not thrown an error message and i was just replacing it at the same time as the main battery. Also worth noting is that the dealer calls it the 'shifter' battery which i thought was odd as it sure must do more then that. (I assume that 'shifter' refers to this battery maintaining current to be able to shift the car into Neutral when the main battery fails?).

thanks again!
Old 12-10-2019 | 10:35 AM

2016 E63s

Here’s a W212 wagon video. There’s a few old threads from wagon guys having aux bat issues so you might also try PM’ing them direct if no responses.

Not sure about the shifter comment. From what I understand you lose this battery and some driver assistance stuff like Eco start is disabled. Nothing critical.
Old 12-10-2019 | 10:45 AM

E63 AMG Wagon
Thanks, but my trunk area under the floor looks entirely different. At least my wagon has a runflat spare vs what must be the def tank in that vid?

I think i will open up the HK (stereo) box just to see if it's hiding in there.

Very odd. It should not be that difficult but again, it might be hiding in plain sight!
Old 12-10-2019 | 12:06 PM

E63S
Aux battery is under the floor in the trunk area.

You'll see the speaker, just rearward of that, covered by a fabric cover.
The following users liked this post:
ssort@1 (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019 | 04:07 PM

E63 AMG Wagon
wow, that's it! thanks angryscotsman!

as i suspected it was hiding in plain site. but in my defense well camouflaged by the moulded flooring.