W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I damaged a W212 AMG 19x19.5 wheel pretty badly; replacement cost?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 10:20 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63 S AMG Wagon
I damaged a W212 AMG 19x19.5 wheel pretty badly; replacement cost?

I fishtailed my car's rear-end into a curb recently (I know... ) enough to badly damage my wheel's lip. I'm concerned the wheel might be slightly bent. In case it's not fixable, which I will look into, I was looking into the replacement cost.

It's a 19x9.5 AMG multispoke off my S212, in this style:

The previous owner still has repaired/refinished spare wheels kicking around.

I was informed that,
Brand new front mags are $1,565 CAD plus taxes. ($1,799.36 CAD)
Brand new rear mags are $1,607 CAD plus taxes. ($1,847.65 CAD)
I don't know what the repaired market looks like. I want to offer a fair amount, but also not overpay.

Anyone know what's reasonable for used, refinished wheels? I believe I saw some metalwork beyond lathing the lip on at least one of them.

Thanks for the insight.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:55 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
E90 M3
This wheels are pretty soft and relatively easy to fix and match paint. I had five fixed for various cosmetic and impact damage and each time they turned out great. The price for a. Ew wheel is insane. Every once in a while you will get lucky finding a used set but most in my experience were repaired at some point. If you see a set of the forged 5 spokes spring for this as they are much more durable and better looking IMO.
The following users liked this post:
s212wagon (12-24-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 09:38 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by s212wagon
I fishtailed my car's rear-end into a curb recently (I know... ) enough to badly damage my wheel's lip. I'm concerned the wheel might be slightly bent. In case it's not fixable, which I will look into, I was looking into the replacement cost.

It's a 19x9.5 AMG multispoke off my S212, in this style:

The previous owner still has repaired/refinished spare wheels kicking around.

I was informed that,
Brand new front mags are $1,565 CAD plus taxes. ($1,799.36 CAD)
Brand new rear mags are $1,607 CAD plus taxes. ($1,847.65 CAD)
I don't know what the repaired market looks like. I want to offer a fair amount, but also not overpay.

Anyone know what's reasonable for used, refinished wheels? I believe I saw some metalwork beyond lathing the lip on at least one of them.

Thanks for the insight.
The part number is A2124015102. If you search ebay for that, you'll find a bunch of postings of refurbished rims for a fraction of the new cost.

Before you buy, you should look for a wheel straightening shop or ask your local dealer to see if they contract one. It'll probably cost you 150-200 per wheel.

Last edited by amgwagonne; 12-23-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 e63s, 2018 GLS550
I hit a pothole at 40 mph last year and destroyed my stock rims to the point that I thought it was not salvageable. Even the tire was damaged from the hit. The lip was bent in, the wheel looked asymmetric, and it definitely didn't hold any air.
I took the wheel to a local rim shop that fixed it in one day and charged me $180. Much cheaper than any option I saw on Ebay (which were likely repaired wheels anyway) and definitely cheaper than the crazy price dealer was going to charge me (and also needed several weeks to order it). Also looked at just going all aftermarket since all my wheels have curb rash on them, but passed on this option due to cost. Wheel/rim repair was the cheapest and fastest option.
I was a little leery of going with rim repair, but I've had my repaired wheel for 8000 miles and no issues. They also offered to fix the curb rash for extra $$, which I declined.