W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Android Auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2021 | 08:48 PM

2014 AMG E63 S212 | 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Android Auto

I'll be picking up my car in a few days and I'm looking to retrofit it for android auto. The dealer offered to do it for 1000, and thats still an option I have (tho the dealer is in MA and I'm on the other side of NY so not entirely a 'local dealer support' situation)

I've done some digging on the forums but I can't seem to locate any links to actual products that can be bought to do this...

I did find this online; Wireless CarPlay and AndroidAuto Integration for Mercedes E-Class 2012-2015 (W212) – GTA Car Kits (and its youtube video related to it shows the install, which isn't too insane of an install).

Any suggestions? Not sure i want to peel apart the dash ENTIRELY by myself OR that I want to go the route of spending 1000$ with the dealer to do it when they wont be local enough for me to just drive in and have them fix it if there's an issue.

WDDHH7GB8EA90E998 (VIN if it helps)
Old 06-25-2021 | 09:14 AM

2014 AMG E63S
I’ve sorta been looking into Carplay and here are what I believe our options.
1. get the Carplay/Android Auto module which utilizes the original screen.
2. get the tablet style screen kit that’s available. I typically am not a fan of these as I’ve always liked the more integrated style, but I gotta say these actually don’t look half bad and because the style of the W212 dash this kit looks a little more integrated than some of the oem racked on screens.
3. I guess if you have a 2016 (maybe earlier ones as well if you upgrade NTG modules), you can upgrade to oem carplay/AA, but I never found anything definitive on this and the newer NTG modules aren’t cheap even used on EBay.

At this point I’m still unsure which route I’d go, probably 1 or 2, but fwiw dash parts removal is pretty simple, I wouldn’t let that stop you. That center dash trim comes out in like 30 seconds.