Sponsored by:

EC Canada E40 dyno comparison - 18psi vs 16psi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 03:44 PM

Received 578 Likes on 249 Posts
2014 AMG E63S and 2020 AMG GTC
EC Canada E40 dyno comparison - 18psi vs 16psi

I've lifted portions of this content from a previous thread I started but felt the topic title didn't do the content justice, hence this new thread.

The dyno's posted below compare two very similar cars running equivalent hardware and E40 tunes from EC Canada's Slav... with the key difference in the tunes themselves. Changes in the tunes were relegated to changes in boost and timing... noted below.
We were both running E43 in the tank.. a blend of Pump 93 and pump E85.

Weather on the day was not optimal, DA was ~2700 ft and temperatures in the low to mid 90's ambient temperatures.

Here's Jesse's dyno with the following mods:

2016 E63S with 40K miles
EC Canada E40 Tune "extra spicy version" at 16 psi and 16° timing
EDOK TCU tune
Blackboost Intake ver2 (Black Filters)
Red Star Catless downpipes
Renntech BOV
ECE Engine mounts

And here is mine...

2014 E63S with 100K miles
EC Canada E40 Tune "muy caliente" version at 18 psi and 17° timing
EDOK TCU tune
Blackboost Intake ver2 (Black Filters)
Gutted Cats in stock downpipe
Muffler delete
Weistec Water Meth injection (not used for dyno) with Anti Surge Valve
ECE Engine mounts

Both our tunes are more aggressive versions of the standard "Off The Shelf" E40 tune that Slav from EC Canada sells.
Both tunes were installed by the fine folks at EC Austin, with David performing street logs to dial each in.

Having access to the raw DynoJet run files helps as I'm able to overlay different vehicles graphs to compare power delivery.

The performance noted below comes down to a combination of the E tune from Slav and the BlackBoost intake. Variation in torque made comes down to the difference in boost target between the two tunes.

"Extra Spicy" Tune (blue) vs "Muy Caliente" Tune (red) - EC Slav E40 with E43 in tank

The dyno comparison above clearly show how the additional 2psi boost impacts the power profile in the lower RPM's, but also how similar the two tunes are in power delivery.
Something that's not readily apparent is the fuel pressure and WGDC... both cars fuel systems operated at ~2500psi at WOT, while Jesse's WGDC was mid 80's top of fourth, while my WGDC was mid 90's top of fourth. Its apparent my turbos were starting to move outside their efficiency rating which helps explain the power drop off I experienced versus Jesse's runs - my red power trace drops below Jesse's blue power trace near redline...

To end the thread, here's a quick vid taken by one of our friends... you can never have enough dyno videos...

The following 2 users liked this post by brutus_tx:
5soko (07-29-2021), kenneyd (07-28-2021)