W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EuroCharged S63 with Pedal Commander - Will It Impact My Tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
EuroCharged S63 with Pedal Commander - Will It Impact My Tune?

Hello Everyone,

I posted this in the S63 forum, but didn't get any responses. I was told to ask all of you in the E63 forum since you all might be more inclined to add tunes to your E63s.

Recently purchased an S63. Pic added below. I got the Eurocharged (EC) ECU tune on it, upgraded the air filters on it, and added a muffler delete. No TCU tune. Car is responsive (and loud), but there is definitely some throttle lag. I'm thinking of getting a Pedal Commander to make the car feel more responsive. Totally get that it won't give me more hp or drastically make my 0-60 faster. But the delay in the throttle response, despite the EC tune, bothers me sometimes when I punch the gas. So is $270 (10% discount) worth it for me to feel that the car is more responsive? I guess if it makes a considerable difference in the throttle response, then to me, yes, it will be worth spending that money.

Question is, will it interfere or mess up my EC tune somehow? I do have their hand held module, so I can always load up the EC tune again if I need to. But I wanted to see if anyone else on here has an EC tune and a Pedal Commander (or Sprint Booster) and if they have had any issues (check engine light, etc). I have read their installation instructions (keep key away from the car, don't change modes while driving, etc), so assuming I adhere to all those things, has anyone:

1) Felt a considerable difference in throttle response on their S63 with one of these devices?
2) Any issues or complications from using it with an EC tune?

I know that I can do TCU tune instead, but that's another $2000 on a car that I've already spent considerable money on (got it wrapped satin black, put the EC tune on it, had it lowered, after-mkt rear entertainment system, muffler delete, PPF and ceramic coated all over, etc). And EC says a TCU tune will at best decrease my 0-60 by 0.1 sec.

My goal isn't to beat Hellcats and 911 Turbos with this S63. I wanted to find a balance of a really luxurious, large vehicle capable of carrying 4 people in comfort, but also feel responsive and quick when needed. So to spend $2000 on a TCU tune for me feels unnecessary given the 0.1s gain in 0-60. If the car "feels" hella more responsive by spending $270 on a Pedal Commander, I prefer going down that route as long as no one here has had any long term issues or their tune didn't get impacted.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-30-2021, 10:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,485 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I have sprint booster with THREE tunes and tcu tune
- ams 100
- ams 93
- ec e40 E85

no issued and I love the SB!
Old 08-30-2021, 11:13 AM

Mercedes S55 AMG
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I have sprint booster with THREE tunes and tcu tune
- ams 100
- ams 93
- ec e40 E85

no issued and I love the SB!
Thanks Peter. Appreciate the quick reply. Did you notice a considerable difference in throttle response upon adding the SB?
Old 08-30-2021, 11:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,485 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by sumanchaudhuri
Thanks Peter. Appreciate the quick reply. Did you notice a considerable difference in throttle response upon adding the SB?
yes! I do ... What do you have to remember that your foot develops a memory and a develops a memory with the pedal box and also without the pedal box; When I would Take the car in for service at least when I did when it was under warranty I would turn off the sprint booster and I would notice a huge declining performance in terms of how my foot has memory, then when I turn it back on I felt more comfortable in the car and the throttle response was amazing

Old 08-30-2021, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
My old EC tunes used to have worse throttle delays with my Pedalbox than stock tune. Maybe your EC tune needs to be updated??? But Pedalbox did not ruin my tune at all in any way.
Renntech tune and stock tunes felt much better with my pedal box than my old ec tune. With time it developed a bad lag from a stop, ECU reset cleared that away
Old 08-30-2021, 02:30 PM

Mercedes S55 AMG
Originally Posted by kponti
My old EC tunes used to have worse throttle delays with my Pedalbox than stock tune. Maybe your EC tune needs to be updated??? But Pedalbox did not ruin my tune at all in any way.
Renntech tune and stock tunes felt much better with my pedal box than my old ec tune. With time it developed a bad lag from a stop, ECU reset cleared that away
Thanks kponti. I literally just got the EC tune, so it's their latest tune for the S63. I also had my guy reset the transmission learning piece and I notice that that helped as well. I will try the Pedal Commander (arriving on Wednesday) and see if it helps. As long as it doesn't hurt the tune, I can always return the PC.