Sponsored by:

Possible that I have a remanufactured engine…mystery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 11:59 PM

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Porsche 997.1
Possible that I have a remanufactured engine…mystery

Looking for some guidance. I was working on replacing my coolant feed line and took of my vacuum pump. I noticed the pump had a sticker on it that showed a part number difference than the one embossed on the pump. The part number on the sticker is A1570105500.

I looked up the part number and found it comes back to a remanufactured long block. I’m the 3rd owner and the first owner traded it in to a Mercedes dealer at 50k miles the the second owner put about 50k on it, but didn’t mention anything about a replacement motor - he was pretty straight up and forth coming so my guess is that perhaps the engine was replaced early in the car’s life.

It is a bit of a mystery. Will the dealer be able and willing to tell me if the engine was replaced by a dealership and if it was, the reason as well as the mileage?

I attached a picture of the pump with the sticker - excuse the gold paint. I was trying to mark the bolt hole locations when removing it as you have to work in the blind with limited room and made a mess with the touch up paint. The bottom bolt is a bear to locate as well as finagle in and out.

Any thoughts on the motor and how to figure out the mystery?

Old 06-06-2022, 12:04 AM

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Porsche 997.1
Maybe I’m off base on this. I just looked closely at the sticker and noticed a date of 1/30/2014. This coincides with the build date of 2/1/14 so it is probably the factory engine. I guess the part number is the same for a remanufactured long block. I think the mystery is solved…