Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

120K Mile Major Maintenance Items?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2022, 06:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
E63 Kombi
Question 120K Mile Major Maintenance Items?

My 2014 E63 is at 122K miles. It's been a great car so far, but recently it has developed an oil filter housing leak. I will have that taken care of, but what other "while in there" items should I consider? Accessory belt & water pump? Thermostat? Turbo coolant lines? Anything else?

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2022, 07:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,036 Likes on 1,420 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
You'll get the right answers to your questions soon, but sidebar -

how many miles have you owned the car for? You may be the highest mile m157 owner on this forum.

- what is your driving style
- what part of the US do you live?
- drive it in winter?
- what maintenance style do you have?
- E63 or E63S?
- what major repairs have you had?
- if bought used - were there any significant issues in past ownership?

Thanks!

Last edited by PeterUbers; 12-28-2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
E63 Kombi
Ha, I haven't thought of that but perhaps it's not so surprising. I bought the car 3 years ago with 102K miles and at the time it was the highest mileage E63 S wagon that I had seen for sale. It was a one-owner Florida car. I've put 20K miles on it in Southern California since and have had only two issues. The lowering module for the air springs went kaput. And I also had a front control arm replaced. Other than that it's just been regular maintenance.

I have several other cars and the E63 is usually the one I take on road trips. It's bone stock and I don't push it too hard, I've got other vehicles for that, but I don't baby it either. It generally lives in Sport or Sport+ mode. I've taken it out in the snow with proper chains a few times in SoCal. They don't use salt on the roads here, so there is zero corrosion underneath. Going skiing in Utah next month.

I get oil analyses done after every oil change. Here are the latest results... And a recent picture of the car.

The following users liked this post:
I.T. Guy (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 07:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,036 Likes on 1,420 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Bada$$!

despite your miles you're probably one of the healthiest m157's around .. and I can count on one finger how many people I know that get a black stone with each oil change.

you'll own this car easily and effortlessly to 200k based on what you've demonstrated so far - congrats and enjoy.

check this out:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...documents.html

oh, and what's this?

Last edited by PeterUbers; 12-28-2022 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:03 AM

Received 370 Likes on 158 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by ilko
Ha, I haven't thought of that but perhaps it's not so surprising. I bought the car 3 years ago with 102K miles and at the time it was the highest mileage E63 S wagon that I had seen for sale. It was a one-owner Florida car. I've put 20K miles on it in Southern California since and have had only two issues. The lowering module for the air springs went kaput. And I also had a front control arm replaced. Other than that it's just been regular maintenance.

I have several other cars and the E63 is usually the one I take on road trips. It's bone stock and I don't push it too hard, I've got other vehicles for that, but I don't baby it either. It generally lives in Sport or Sport+ mode. I've taken it out in the snow with proper chains a few times in SoCal. They don't use salt on the roads here, so there is zero corrosion underneath. Going skiing in Utah next month.

I get oil analyses done after every oil change. Here are the latest results... And a recent picture of the car.

Beautiful car and great story with the healthy miles! Always love seeing these posts and stories.
Fellow blackstone oil tester! Love to see it, and what great reports! I really urge and wish more of our members did this for each oil change, absolutely great report.
all changes with liquid moly?
Silicone trending nice and low, which means your block is healthy since our cyl's are made of silitec, its a tell tale sign of trouble. And the reason why 1 oil analysis is NOT enough, trend data is where it is at! Great!

While in there items for the job could be:
-turbo coolant lines, water pump, thermo, drive belt, check tensioner, your doing the oil filter housing gasket, check the oil filter thermostat cap on the housing aswell, they leak since your gonna have it out, and lastly I would check the small square oil cooler below the filter housing, the gasket also wears sometimes and leaks.
Since you have the oil filter housing off, maybe doing the front head cover seal is cheap insurance for the future as they tend to leak.

I think that about it for that area that I can think of.

Last edited by 5soko; 12-29-2022 at 11:51 AM.