W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM motor mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 09:29 AM

Received 458 Likes on 202 Posts
2007 e350 sport. 2010 350 4matic sport. Worlds first W212 E63R self built.
Originally Posted by OldManAndHisCar
Not a turbo car...not as much heat

the only thing that raises my eyebrows, when they say we have not encountered these problems. That's because not enough people with m157 owns them. Every w212 has the same airflow. So they will all suffer the same fate period. These engines get extremely hot. The radiant heat from the bridge pipe along with massive tq that the other platforms do not have will test these mounts over and over. Heat shielding is a must! Upgrading the materials if they have not yet is a must. I tried warning them prior to release. I even offered to test them . We were excited to see a new design but at the moment I see no reason to swap from the ece mounts I have which are now Boostedbenz mounts which are atleast years of multiple revisions to the materials that are used and how easy it is to swap the inserts . Hopefully they get the materials sorted, so that we have more options. Options are great especially for a platform where there isn't many. But they are going to find out how many times they will need to revise them. And unfortunately comfort will have to be sacrificed a bit for mounts that won't collapse. Which is fine for most.

Last edited by Cifdig; 02-26-2024 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:27 AM

Received 109 Likes on 78 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
Cifdig - that is exactly why I did not have the shop make heat shielding and put the other set in. There is a point where heat soak is going to take over and with out a new variation of the viscoelastimer make up the same heat related failure is inevitable. More so possibly as I am in FL and over the summer months the heat just does not stop. I would put any car in the south in the same boat.

Back when I lived near Chicago it was fun to take out the turbo cars in the 20deg days just to feel the added power (until I heat soaked the intercoolers).