W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A word of Warning to those ordering these cars.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
A word of Warning to those ordering these cars.

Make sure to go through the options list carefully, things have changed on these new 213 models vs the outgoing 212 models. For example, if you don't order the Panoramic sunroof you get just a smaller slider sunroof as standard equipment. On the outgoing models (212) the Panoramic sunroof was standard equipment. There is a infotainment system upgrade which is a stand alone option. I assumed since the sound system is the Burmester that there was no upgrade, the upgrade is known as the 3D sound system. What threw me on this is I did not see the bang and olsen listed, that was the sound upgrade system on the 212's. I also assumed that since my order was with the Premium 03 package including the distronic and blind spot and surround view that it had to be the best sound system included, not true. I had to give a lot of thought of what wheels to order with the car. I do kinda like the look of the twin spoke wheels better, but I don't believe that wheel is a forged wheel. The other optional wheels are forged and in my experience with very low profile tires and large wheels, you want the strongest wheel possible especially if you live in a area where there are lots of bumps and potholes. A lot of the wheels on the outgoing 212 model would bend very easily on far from ideal roads.

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; 06-17-2017 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:49 AM

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
For the UK - I've noticed we have no 3D sound system, nor can we have the AMG Performance seats with all the Drive Pilot gubbins. Weird. We also get the Pano-Sunroof with our Premium Pack, and something called the "Parking Pack" which gives you the 360* Camera and Parking Pilot.

Ordered my car already, it'll be here late August/September, so I still have time to change my spec, but a little sad I don't get that lovely Burmester 3D audio system. Those tweeters look gorgeous.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I wondered about that with those tweeters. I originally assumed that those fancy tweeters that would spin out when the sound system was turned on came with the standard sound system. But maybe not? Maybe the spin out tweeters are only on the 3D upgrade? I guess another plus for spending the extra $4550 and getting it. Well, at least in the USA. Strange the 3D is not offered in the UK, there are a lot of Audiophiles there with all the good names in Stereo equipment. Plus the deal with getting the Pano as part of other options. I had that assumption that since I was getting Premium 03 I was good with the Pano roof, wrong, at least in the good ole USA.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:12 AM

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
I wondered about that with those tweeters. I originally assumed that those fancy tweeters that would spin out when the sound system was turned on came with the standard sound system. But maybe not? Maybe the spin out tweeters are only on the 3D upgrade? I guess another plus for spending the extra $4550 and getting it. Well, at least in the USA. Strange the 3D is not offered in the UK, there are a lot of Audiophiles there with all the good names in Stereo equipment. Plus the deal with getting the Pano as part of other options. I had that assumption that since I was getting Premium 03 I was good with the Pano roof, wrong, at least in the good ole USA.
Yep! The fancy spin-outs are part of the 3D sound system. I drove a dealer car in the UK, it had the Burmester 13-Speaker system, so no fancy tweeters. Weirdly enough, I haven't been able to find a RHD E63S with the Burmester 3D system in pictures. I'm very curious about this because I'd honestly really like it. Might have to ring MB and see what they say.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just did a internet search and most people said yes the 3D system is amazing and get it worth the extra money. But on the other hand most said the standard Burmester system is amazing too and sounds better than most other cars sound systems. The 3D has those overhead speakers that generate the 3D effect and like you said the spin out tweeters from what I gather. I sure hope I can change my order to get this too. Darn sales guy for not letting me know about this option. The order guide I had that came out a while back in April did not list this option, that was another thing that threw me off.