Sponsored by:

2018 E63S US or Canada Launch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 02:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GL63
2018 E63S US or Canada Launch

Anybody have any tangible information they want to share on release date. At this point all I would say I have is the Mercedes commercial which listed fall. I know the last bulletin was late 3rd quarter but it looks like that's not true.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 SL63
I was told in late August that the cars had cleared certification and that my delivery date was set for Sept 6th. Needless to say, the car never showed up. I have asked for a confirmation for a new delivery date several times. They cannot give me one. Yesterday I discussed with dealer that now that the cars have been certified, there should be no reason why they can't give me an estimated date for delivery. The dealer said he would get me an answer by the end of the day. At 8pm last night he called and said he was frustrated as MB will not give him a date and simply tell him that it is a delivery scheduling problem. This makes no sense and has me thinking about walking from this order on on principle alone.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
Meanwhile up here in Canada...

I spoke with Customer Service at MB Canada the other day. All they would say is that it’s software related and there was no idea on delivery. It would appear that these cars will most likely arrive mid to late October.

If you are a smart consumer you know this is a car worth having. And anything worth having is worth waiting for... It sucks I know. I’m a bit addicted to this forum hoping someone will have some good news lol..
Old 09-10-2017, 12:14 PM

GL63
Originally Posted by orenlasko
I spoke with Customer Service at MB Canada the other day. All they would say is that it’s software related and there was no idea on delivery. It would appear that these cars will most likely arrive mid to late October.

If you are a smart consumer you know this is a car worth having. And anything worth having is worth waiting for... It sucks I know. I’m a bit addicted to this forum hoping someone will have some good news lol..
I too share the addiction looking for good news. As far as waiting I think we all feel we have waited enough but that's just me as it's been since May. As far as the people bailing out they just keep showing me we are stuck as there's nothing else worth buying out there. One guy bought a 550i, another a Range Rover and a couple others I don't remember because they were just as lame. Clearly they weren't AMG people if they can move onto one of those cars and should have never reserved one in the first place. I did look at a X5M yesterday which was cool but then I could see I was trying to fool myself that thing compared whatsoever to an e63s. The issue I have though honestly is that I'm usually over a car in a year and it's been about that long since it was released at a December 2016 auto show. So when I get this car I've already stared at, analyzed, etc and it just may already feel old the first time I sit in it. Lol.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 SL63
My dilemma is in going south at the start of October for 5-6 months. Don't want to fly back to take delivery of a car that will be put in storage for another 6 months.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:28 PM

2019 E63s
Well said...

Originally Posted by tony_f8
I too share the addiction looking for good news. As far as waiting I think we all feel we have waited enough but that's just me as it's been since May. As far as the people bailing out they just keep showing me we are stuck as there's nothing else worth buying out there. One guy bought a 550i, another a Range Rover and a couple others I don't remember because they were just as lame. Clearly they weren't AMG people if they can move onto one of those cars and should have never reserved one in the first place. I did look at a X5M yesterday which was cool but then I could see I was trying to fool myself that thing compared whatsoever to an e63s. The issue I have though honestly is that I'm usually over a car in a year and it's been about that long since it was released at a December 2016 auto show. So when I get this car I've already stared at, analyzed, etc and it just may already feel old the first time I sit in it. Lol.
I have the same “problem” you have. I tend to get bored quickly. I’ve only been waiting since end of July when I traded my GTS in on a car that was expected mid August and had been sitting in Halifax since early July... I am a dyed in the wool AMG fanboy. Can’t see myself driving anything else and truth be told even if the new M5 is a better performing car I still would prefer the E63s. Not sure there would be anything out there I would prefer more except maybe a new S63, and I’m not there yet in that frame of mind for an S Class.

Last edited by DriveAMG; 09-10-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-10-2017, 12:29 PM

2019 E63s
Originally Posted by thatdebenz
My dilemma is in going south at the start of October for 5-6 months. Don't want to fly back to take delivery of a car that will be put in storage for another 6 months.

Walk away from your order and order a new one for Spring delivery.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 668 Likes on 515 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
The other guy got 17 S63 ..dealer gave him big discount as they are getting rid of the pre-facelift one

Old 09-10-2017, 01:47 PM

2019 E63s
There’s a big difference

Originally Posted by bobblehead
The other guy got 17 S63 ..dealer gave him big discount as they are getting rid of the pre-facelift one
Between a 2017 and 2018 S63. I’m talking about the 2018. It’s almost like a big brother to the new e63s
Old 09-10-2017, 02:02 PM

GL63
Originally Posted by orenlasko
Between a 2017 and 2018 S63. I’m talking about the 2018. It’s almost like a big brother to the new e63s
Yeah I forgot about the 2017 s63. I agree that's the best of the choices thus far but once I saw a 2018 s63 I would be disappointed in my 2017. I'm sure I'll get an S class someday but not till I'm an old man and it suits me to drive grandpas car.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:15 PM

2019 E63s
Sounds familiar.

Yeah I forgot about the 2017 s63. I agree that's the best of the choices thus far but once I saw a 2018 s63 I would be disappointed in my 2017. I'm sure I'll get an S class someday but not till I'm an old man and it suits me to drive grandpas car.
Thats exactly what my wife calls the s63...
Old 09-10-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Audi RS5
I think we are all in the same boat...everyone in the US and Canada has been waiting for the big news...but it has yet to come. I don't understand people bailing on a car...especially this kind of car. I'll stick it out to the bitter end. You can bet your *** I will get all kinds of extras thrown in and at least some of the depreciation of my RS5. I ordered mine in Jan/Feb when there wasn't even options pricing. Invoice date was late May so I was expecting a mid June delivery. Literally been watching Youtube videos on it since then. Just waiting. Last week I spoke to the dealership MB Laval, Canada. My sales rep said MB Canada and most dealerships were constantly being called by people like us and busting ***** and apparently MB Canada will be sending out emails/letters to everyone explaining what is going on and what to expect going forward. That's the last I've heard. Hang in there guys..we will be sitting in that monster soon enough.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 668 Likes on 515 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
If dealers & MB US & Canada do not want people to jump ship, then they should offer some kind of compensation package, either 3 yrs free prepaid maintenance or factory credits or extended warranty.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:22 PM

2019 E63s
It’s not a problem

Originally Posted by bobblehead
If dealers & MB US & Canada do not want people to jump ship, then they should offer some kind of compensation package, either 3 yrs free prepaid maintenance or factory credits or extended warranty.
as far as Mercedes is concerned. It’s a hot commodity and they know it. The attitude is that this is routine and if someone abandons ship then there will always be someone else there to pick up the slack. While I don’t necessarily see an issue with this outlook, I mean come on- it’s an awesome car, better communication between Head Office and the Dealerships and customer communication would make this scenario play out with a much better outcome. I’m dying for my car, and I’ll take it when I can get it. As with all aspects of life communication is key...