Old 10-23-2017, 02:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2008 BMW M6
What’s the MF for Edition 1?
My dealers is telling me .00380?!
Old 10-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by stmiami

LOL thats the max markup based on tier 1 buyrate (.00230).... Work them down from there.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
GTR Pro
Originally Posted by stmiami
Yeah that's the max they are allowed to markup their buy rate. My dealer told me of the 5 E63S's they have on order for their customers not a single person is getting a dollar off and they are all paying the 0.0038 rate. I laughed. Loud. Several times. Then I proceeded to bust out a few pages I had prepared that shows their buy rate, some deals people have been offered from this forum, the official newsletter that states those that have been waiting for their car get 2 years pre-paid maintenece. I also had my laptop with a lease calculator loaded up. Basically, I was so prepared that when I said I wanted 4% off retail list and their buy rate of 0.0023 with the 10 MSD's to lower it to 0.0016 he just looked at me and then extended his hand for a nice firm shake. Done deal.
The following 2 users liked this post by HydroLogic:
AMGBEASTMODE (11-10-2017), Ruben Perez (10-24-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 06:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 Lunar Blue E63S
Nice! Good job!
Old 10-23-2017, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 792 Likes on 511 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by HydroLogic
Yeah that's the max they are allowed to markup their buy rate. My dealer told me of the 5 E63S's they have on order for their customers not a single person is getting a dollar off and they are all paying the 0.0038 rate. I laughed. Loud. Several times. Then I proceeded to bust out a few pages I had prepared that shows their buy rate, some deals people have been offered from this forum, the official newsletter that states those that have been waiting for their car get 2 years pre-paid maintenece. I also had my laptop with a lease calculator loaded up. Basically, I was so prepared that when I said I wanted 4% off retail list and their buy rate of 0.0023 with the 10 MSD's to lower it to 0.0016 he just looked at me and then extended his hand for a nice firm shake. Done deal.
That's fantastic. Well done.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:32 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
E 63 S Wagon
Nicely done. The answer to the unasked question is always no.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
GTR Pro
Originally Posted by E63guy
Nicely done. The answer to the unasked question is always no.
So true. I find that information is readily available today. If you educate yourself, come prepared and ready to negotiate you can usually do pretty well.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A6
Chicago Lease

Long time lurker, first time poster. Great forum, amazing car.
So, here is the deal Im being offered now. However, the math is not adding up using a lease calculator online so any help / tips would be great. Car would be available in February I was told.
  • Selenite Gray
  • 20” wheels/red calipers
  • Black Interior/Natural Grain Black Ash wood
  • AMG premium package
  • Acoustic comfort package
List price 110,465, gave me $1000 off. Telling me 39 month lease, 52% residual value, 7% sales tax, $7500 down and .0011 money factor (4%/3600) would get me a payment of $1850.82. However, with this kind of car I am thinking about purchasing as a payment this big would want me to own the car even though it depreciates.
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:35 PM

E 63 S Wagon
Originally Posted by HarambeMB
Long time lurker, first time poster. Great forum, amazing car.
So, here is the deal Im being offered now. However, the math is not adding up using a lease calculator online so any help / tips would be great. Car would be available in February I was told.
  • Selenite Gray
  • 20” wheels/red calipers
  • Black Interior/Natural Grain Black Ash wood
  • AMG premium package
  • Acoustic comfort package
List price 110,465, gave me $1000 off. Telling me 39 month lease, 52% residual value, 7% sales tax, $7500 down and .0011 money factor (4%/3600) would get me a payment of $1850.82. However, with this kind of car I am thinking about purchasing as a payment this big would want me to own the car even though it depreciates.
Thanks in advance!
Welcome. Just joined recently myself. That is a bad deal. I'm leasing a $125k MSRP car, $0 cap cost reduction, 36 months, 10k mi/year, for $1800/mo. I pay all the taxes up front as I refuse to pay interest on taxes. As a general rule you should never put money down on a lease. Not sure what you mean by "down" but if it's a cap cost reduction, as opposed to the up front taxes and fees, don't do it. More than that though, this dealer is not treating you well. Email every broker in the area and if they won't do better then maybe think about using a broker (or working with a remote dealer yourself) and have the car shipped to you as needed. Morgan at MB in Danbury, CT will take way better care of you than this...
The following users liked this post:
HarambeMB (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by HydroLogic
Hey, could I trouble you to get a link to that lease calculator if it's available online?
Old 10-31-2017, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Koru_Kinshi
Hey, could I trouble you to get a link to that lease calculator if it's available online?
They are all over the place via Google:

http://www.calculator.net/auto-lease-calculator.html

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/...alculator.aspx

Last edited by Vic55; 10-31-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:33 PM

A6
Welcome. Just joined recently myself. That is a bad deal. I'm leasing a $125k MSRP car, $0 cap cost reduction, 36 months, 10k mi/year, for $1800/mo. I pay all the taxes up front as I refuse to pay interest on taxes. As a general rule you should never put money down on a lease. Not sure what you mean by "down" but if it's a cap cost reduction, as opposed to the up front taxes and fees, don't do it. More than that though, this dealer is ntreating you well. Email every broker in the area and if they won't do better then maybe think about using a broker (or working with a remote dealer yourself) and have the car shipped to you as needed. Morgan at MB in Danbury, CT will take way better care of you than this...
Hey- totally appreciate the advice. I don't understand anything about leases- obviously. Is a cap reduction a reduction of the lease amount? Why not do that? If I want to give money down I should only use that towards tax? I think get that. I've requested 15,000 mikes on this lease. What's your take on that? However, my credit union has quoted me 1.99% for 72 months for financing the car. Now that I'm talking purchase, they are offering the $111k MSRP for $106k amd 4year maintenance plan thrown in. (Well, that's what I'm asking for). Any advice here?

Thanks again!
Old 10-31-2017, 08:35 PM

A6
Welcome. Just joined recently myself. That is a bad deal. I'm leasing a $125k MSRP car, $0 cap cost reduction, 36 months, 10k mi/year, for $1800/mo. I pay all the taxes up front as I refuse to pay interest on taxes. As a general rule you should never put money down on a lease. Not sure what you mean by "down" but if it's a cap cost reduction, as opposed to the up front taxes and fees, don't do it. More than that though, this dealer is not treating you well. Email every broker in the area and if they won't do better then maybe think about using a broker (or working with a remote dealer yourself) and have the car shipped to you as needed. Morgan at MB in Danbury, CT will take way better care of you than this...
One more thing if you don't mind. I didn't know about brokers. Can you tell me your advice on that? Thank You.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:19 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
A broker is someone who would work on your behalf to get you the car you want. The broker should be independent of car dealerships. You give them the specs of the car you want, they find the car that matches the specs and negotiate a deal. That is then presented to you and if you accept, the deal is done. The broker then gets paid his/her fee. There's one on Autoblog, I'm not sure if there are any here.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:20 AM

E 63 S Wagon
There's a great one on leasehackr.com, a site worth perusing regardless.

Hey- totally appreciate the advice. I don't understand anything about leases- obviously. Is a cap reduction a reduction of the lease amount? Why not do that? If I want to give money down I should only use that towards tax? I think get that. I've requested 15,000 mikes on this lease. What's your take on that? However, my credit union has quoted me 1.99% for 72 months for financing the car. Now that I'm talking purchase, they are offering the $111k MSRP for $106k amd 4year maintenance plan thrown in. (Well, that's what I'm asking for). Any advice here?

Thanks again!
One more thing if you don't mind. I didn't know about brokers. Can you tell me your advice on that? Thank You.
The 15k miles/year comes down to personal requirements. Since I moved to my current location, I've driven just about 10K miles/year each year, so that's what I get on my leases. More miles does translate into lower residual and a higher payment since you're "using up" more of the car during the time you have it.

It's a little strange that the dealer changed price for purchase vs lease since theoretically they should be agnostic. In a lease, the car is purchased from them by MBFS (and then leased to you). But it's possible that some kind of dealer spiff from MB makes a sale to you personally different from one to MBFS.

If you really want to bone up on leases, spend some time at leasehackr.com. The site has great info on leases, and very helpful community members who will patiently walk you through things. It's also fun to prowl the forums to see what kinds of deals people are getting. As an aside, everyone there will kill us for the "deals" we're getting here. Their general rule is that the monthly payment on a 36 month, 10K mi/year lease with $0 cap cost reduction, should be under 1% of the MSRP. So, around $1100-1200/mo in our cases. Obviously due to simple supply and demand that's just not going to happen on an E63.

There are several reasons why you shouldn't put money down on a lease in the form of cap cost reduction. Again, you'll find the info on leasehackr or a quick google.

For purchase vs lease analysis, there's so much that goes into that but, I can say that if you intend to use your vehicle for business then it definitely makes a difference. Consult your accountant

Good luck!
HarambeMB (11-01-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 03:55 PM

A6
Lease Final

Wanted to give an update. Finally made the deal on the E63S here in Chicago. However, nothing is final until the bottom line is signed and the car is in my possession. I chose to order one to my specs so I got what I wanted and paid what I wanted to pay. All the inventory in the area were Edition 1, matte black (which is awesome, but not me) and fully loaded with MSRP of $130k +. So, I built my own and have to wait until February to get it. Anyway, here is what the deal is in principal and some of my conclusions. Special thanks to E63Guy who was very helpful with his info.
MSRP $109,215
36 mos
12k miles
$1630 per month
Sales tax up front/No other charges (destination, etc)

I shopped a bunch of dealers and I heard money factors in the range of .0020 to .0036, I heard residuals between 52% - 57%. The whole thing is a shell game for the dealer to try and make as much money off you as possible. I developed a relationship with one of the sales guys and told him straight up i wanted 57% residual value, .0020 money factor and nothing "down" except sales tax. We went round and round for a few days, but after meeting the sales manager and telling him a little about me we compromised on a deal with 57% residual, 0.0024 money factor and nothing down. Now I just have to wait until February!!

Good Luck..
Old 11-06-2017, 04:07 PM

E 63 S Wagon
Wanted to give an update. Finally made the deal on the E63S here in Chicago. However, nothing is final until the bottom line is signed and the car is in my possession. I chose to order one to my specs so I got what I wanted and paid what I wanted to pay. All the inventory in the area were Edition 1, matte black (which is awesome, but not me) and fully loaded with MSRP of $130k +. So, I built my own and have to wait until February to get it. Anyway, here is what the deal is in principal and some of my conclusions. Special thanks to E63Guy who was very helpful with his info.
MSRP $109,215
36 mos
12k miles
$1630 per month

I shopped a bunch of dealers and I heard money factors in the range of .0020 to .0036, I heard residuals between 52% - 57%. The whole thing is a shell game for the dealer to try and make as much money off you as possible. I developed a relationship with one of the sales guys and told him straight up i wanted 57% residual value, .0020 money factor and nothing "down" except sales tax. We went round and round for a few days, but after meeting the sales manager and telling him a little about me we compromised on a deal with 57% residual, 0.0024 money factor and nothing down. Now I just have to wait until February!!

Good Luck..
Nicely done! That's a solid deal for this car, and very comparable to mine in terms of payment/MSRP, but better in that you got 12k miles to my 10k. Congrats!
Old 11-06-2017, 04:09 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63S
MSRP $109,215
36 mos
12k miles
$1630 per month

Good Luck..
Did you consider putting any MSDs into this? Also if MSRP was $109k what was your final sale price?
Old 11-07-2017, 09:07 PM

A6
Originally Posted by Bibenstein
Did you consider putting any MSDs into this? Also if MSRP was $109k what was your final sale price?
the final price will be $105k and change. I negotiated a purchase price first then switched to lease. I didn’t really consider MSD’s.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:16 AM

BMW M2
MSRP $109,215
36 mos
12k miles
$1630 per month

Good Luck..
Interesting that dealer is letting you lock in the rates now for 90+ days. Do you know if MBFS allows rate locks for ordered cars? or maybe maybe dealer gambling that rates won't change much and padded the MF by 0.0004 for their safety.
BTW, you can ask for residuals and MF from a couple of guys at the Edmunds car forums. There is no current thread for AMG E class, but there is one for AMG GT where they recently posted that the "standard rate" is in the .00200-.00230 range and residuals for 36mo/10k at 61%.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Hey, what do you guys think of this site? Look like a bait & switch, or is that invoice number pretty accurate? I don't know if I believe the lease rate, but I figure it gives us a little more weaponry to work with against the dealers.

https://theleaseoutlet.com/lease-spe...atic-sedan.php
Old 11-09-2017, 06:13 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63S
Hey, what do you guys think of this site? Look like a bait & switch, or is that invoice number pretty accurate? I don't know if I believe the lease rate, but I figure it gives us a little more weaponry to work with against the dealers.

https://theleaseoutlet.com/lease-spe...atic-sedan.php
Does not say what kind of lease. Looks to be 36mos/12k based on my calcs. Residual shows as 53.5% of MSRP. They're offering a 7% discount, that's not bad.

Also at $104.4k it's a stock E63S, no options, so it's gonna be black or white.

Personally I'd pass.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Bibenstein
Does not say what kind of lease. Looks to be 36mos/12k based on my calcs. Residual shows as 53.5% of MSRP. They're offering a 7% discount, that's not bad.

Also at $104.4k it's a stock E63S, no options, so it's gonna be black or white.

Personally I'd pass.
I don't disagree with you on that one. Just seeing if the numbers appear plausible so I can use them as a guideline for my own negotiations. My custom build is looking to be around $114K, so I want to see how far I can cut it down when I meet my client next week.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,289 Likes on 2,043 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
MSRP $109,215
36 mos
12k miles
$1630 per month

Good Luck..
No matter what anyone says, residuals are non-negotiable by anyone. They are set by MBFS and right now are the best one can find for any AMG

A quick snapshot...
Old 11-10-2017, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wolfman
No matter what anyone says, residuals are non-negotiable by anyone. They are set by MBFS and right now are the best one can find for any AMG

A quick snapshot...

What's that for? 7,500/10,000/12,000/15,000 respectively? Or is that years?
Ruben Perez (01-01-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please post your E63s lease deals