W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satin Black Xpel Stealth Full PPR Wrap

Old 09-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by TorontoE63S18
Just thought I would share the new wrap with everyone. I originally had Obsidian Black and wrapped the entire car with the Xpel Stealth Matte protection which changes the original colour to a
Satin finish and protects it from any debris, stone chips and surface scratches. Not cheap but the car looks amazing and never have to worry about following a truck to closely on the hwy.

What do you all think?
Man that is beautiful ! I just published a thread asking for thoughts on this issue of wrapping and paint protection. I have specd my e63s the same, with obsidian black, chrome parts and the 20 inches black wheels and was looking to see how they looked . I think I'm hooked

Do you have any pictures in the sun? Do you find it much more different than the Ed1 black (other than the color effects that are probably exclusive of that paint) ?

I just don't like the red trim, otherwise it looks great from here.

Also, why didn't you opt for the solid black if you were going to wrap? I still have the time to change the color and could spare almost 1k using the standard black...

Last edited by tonecas; 09-03-2018 at 01:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NewYorker555 (11-10-2019)
Old 09-03-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
S4
Great job - not regretting my Obsidian choice. Wagon will get this for sure
Old 09-03-2018, 10:19 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
any idea on the difference in using standard back vs obsidian black using this Xpel Stealth?
Old 09-04-2018, 03:21 AM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
E63 AMG Estate
This is a great thread, very apt. I’ll find out today whether I’m going down this exact route. Thanks for the pics!
Old 09-04-2018, 06:33 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Just thought I would share the new wrap with everyone. I originally had Obsidian Black and wrapped the entire car with the Xpel Stealth Matte protection which changes the original colour to a
Satin finish and protects it from any debris, stone chips and surface scratches. Not cheap but the car looks amazing and never have to worry about following a truck to closely on the hwy.

What do you all think?

and how did you put that red trim? in this view i like it. it gives a sporty look to the car. seems like an C63 S Edition 1.

there is something that does not seem right though. i think is the front rim should have also a red touch.

from the side view i don't like it that much. the idea was great, to have a touch of red to match with the red calipers. but seems out of place. don't know how to explain
Old 09-04-2018, 08:52 AM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe, 2018 E63s
Originally Posted by tonecas
Man that is beautiful ! I just published a thread asking for thoughts on this issue of wrapping and paint protection. I have specd my e63s the same, with obsidian black, chrome parts and the 20 inches black wheels and was looking to see how they looked . I think I'm hooked

Do you have any pictures in the sun? Do you find it much more different than the Ed1 black (other than the color effects that are probably exclusive of that paint) ?

I just don't like the red trim, otherwise it looks great from here.

Also, why didn't you opt for the solid black if you were going to wrap? I still have the time to change the color and could spare almost 1k using the standard black...
I did this both on my gle coupe and e63s. The difference being, in sunlight you can still see the metallic flakes. The Ed1 paint is a more smooth flat texture.

The following users liked this post:
tonecas (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 09:33 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by Meeru

I did this both on my gle coupe and e63s. The difference being, in sunlight you can still see the metallic flakes. The Ed1 paint is a more smooth flat texture.

Then is it correct to say that you had the black obsidian on the gle and the selenic metallic grey on the e63s?

Interesting the color on the gle seems like the one on Ed1

Last edited by tonecas; 09-05-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:21 AM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Nissan
Did you do anything to the chrome handles on the grey e63?
Old 09-05-2018, 08:48 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
it seems he did in both. the handles and the front grill seems to have been wrapped also. it looks nice.

BTW, does these wraps interfere with the sensors? i read on a Tesla forum that they did on the model X and 3, and the paint in those cars are really thin. When wrapping those they have to cut the are of the sensors.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:50 AM

Then is it correct to say that you had the black obsidian on the gle and the selenic metallic grey on the e63s?

Interesting the color on the gle seems like the one on Ed1
lol yes u are correct, should have been more descriptive.

Before Xpel Stealth - Obsidian Black

Xpel Stealth, all chrome trims blacked out with gloss black
The following 2 users liked this post by Meeru:
pussgalore (03-10-2022), tonecas (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dagger9903
Did you do anything to the chrome handles on the grey e63?
yes blacked out chrome handles and front grills, and rear chrome bar below star.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:35 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0

lol yes u are correct, should have been more descriptive.

Before Xpel Stealth - Obsidian Black

Xpel Stealth, all chrome trims blacked out with gloss black

@Meeru those are great images! now i can compare one to other. pity that the image with the Xpel seems to be under less sun light
anyway i'm definitely hooked. the result is beautiful. more money to spend

it seems you had already blacked out the chromes with gloss black before applying the Xpel but they look different, as if you have wrapped them too. Are they wrapped? don't know if this is because of the less light on the Xpel photo? the mirror and front grill look more matte.

did you opted for the obsidian black for having a better color in case you remove the wrap or did you find that this color would get more sheen and color effects with the Xpel? i'm in doubt here. the obsidian costs here $1k and could go to the wrap.

anything that you don't like when looking at the GLE at close range? (photos can be a bit deceiving...)

Last edited by tonecas; 09-05-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:13 PM

@Meeru those are great images! now i can compare one to other. pity that the image with the Xpel seems to be under less sun light
anyway i'm definitely hooked. the result is beautiful. more money to spend

it seems you had already blacked out the chromes with gloss black before applying the Xpel but they look different, as if you have wrapped them too. Are they wrapped? don't know if this is because of the less light on the Xpel photo? the mirror and front grill look more matte.

did you opted for the obsidian black for having a better color in case you remove the wrap or did you find that this color would get more sheen and color effects with the Xpel? i'm in doubt here. the obsidian costs here $1k and could go to the wrap.

anything that you don't like when looking at the GLE at close range? (photos can be a bit deceiving...)
lol best answer to that. check out my instagram page: @amgbeastz
Old 09-05-2018, 12:32 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0

LOL. not fond of instagram but I'm going to take a look. thanks!
Old 09-05-2018, 02:08 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0

man, i can't navigate thru this. too much images

i could see that there are some black gloss parts that you left. haven't think of that also! it makes a good combo: just following the MB design steps in using glossy black on some parts like the mirrors and some parts of the bumpers.

still can't get it if you wrapped the mirrors and front bumpers of the GLE in Xpel Stealth or cover them with Xpel Ultimate or some ceramic coating...

the idea of just leaving the front star in chrome on the E63 S is also great ! it's like it's glowing...

your wifey must be proud

i think i see the shinny metallic particles of the base paint under the sun light in the GLE:

is that the reason you opt for the obsidian black instead of the standard black? to get that more satin/sheen mate look?

Last edited by tonecas; 09-05-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:05 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
@Meeru, i'm stunned with the results. i would say this is an ED1 color

saw your instagram but this is not my thing. no content, only images. could you answer my questions above?

Last edited by tonecas; 09-06-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:53 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Sekandskin in Mississauga. They do some amazing work and have the contract with Lambo Toronto which does say something about their work. Speak to Tiago or Madison they are the owners.
is this you and your Xpel wrap?
Old 10-15-2018, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche
Originally Posted by MTV10
Should definitely wrap the window trim and that fender "ornament"... sticks out like a sore thumb.
Agreed! Travesty to PPF in Matte black and then leave the chrome...
Old 10-18-2018, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Also from Toronto here OP. I agree about the red, i would take that off. Just my opinon though, do what makes you happy.

Also, im curious if you wanted to change the chrome on the windows side skirts, you can either contrast it nicely with wrapping it gloss black, or if you want it to match the car, im not sure how that would work. I see 2 options.

1) Wrap the chrome bits in gloss black vinyl, then add the xpel stealth over it

2) just wrap them in a satin black vinyl, but it might not closely match the same black as the rest of the car, or maybe do this and add the PPF over it, and it will possibly match.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63
Do they have to take whole parts out while doing satin black ppf conversion from gloss? Every wrap need it, while xpel satin black conversion g63 i see on youtube, they did not need to take parts out. I dont like to mess with door panel taken out. Anyone can confirm? Thanks.