CKMCardesign, Avoid at ALL COSTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 546 Likes on 363 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
CKMCardesign, Avoid at ALL COSTS

I recently gave CKMCardesign a chance as they have a ton of parts for our cars. Typically when it comes to a website that I don't really have a reference point for, or have done a lot of research on, I'll make a small purchase and see if the experience is good and the product is legit. Well, it wasn't, and it wasn't.

I ordered a red grille emblem for my 2019:
DocKelly

This was specific for my car, my year, the twin-spoke grille etc. I also overpaid BIGTIME for it, this guy has the audacity to charge 63 Euro for a $20 piece. I put that on myself for not looking them up on Ebay first.

This is what showed up today, over two months later, after I had emailed customer service and gotten a reply from their "CEO" Chris Lund who told me he was "sending another one out" but wouldn't give me a tracking #.

This is very clearly the wrong piece, and upon further inspection and research I realized this is a $10 ebay emblem for a Facelift car with a Panamericana grille. I emailed Chris who told me that this was the right piece despite the fact that I send him his own picture along with this one. You can clearly see they're not the same. He says he's refunding me, I'll believe it when I see it.

0/10, wouldn't do again. CKM is basically a dropshipping outfit, buying your items off Alibaba or Ebay and marking them up 2,3,4x. Just stick with Ebay.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:16 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E63amg
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I recently gave CKMCardesign a chance as they have a ton of parts for our cars. Typically when it comes to a website that I don't really have a reference point for, or have done a lot of research on, I'll make a small purchase and see if the experience is good and the product is legit. Well, it wasn't, and it wasn't.

I ordered a red grille emblem for my 2019:
DocKelly

This was specific for my car, my year, the twin-spoke grille etc. I also overpaid BIGTIME for it, this guy has the audacity to charge 63 Euro for a $20 piece. I put that on myself for not looking them up on Ebay first.

This is what showed up today, over two months later, after I had emailed customer service and gotten a reply from their "CEO" Chris Lund who told me he was "sending another one out" but wouldn't give me a tracking #.

This is very clearly the wrong piece, and upon further inspection and research I realized this is a $10 ebay emblem for a Facelift car with a Panamericana grille. I emailed Chris who told me that this was the right piece despite the fact that I send him his own picture along with this one. You can clearly see they're not the same. He says he's refunding me, I'll believe it when I see it.

0/10, wouldn't do again. CKM is basically a dropshipping outfit, buying your items off Alibaba or Ebay and marking them up 2,3,4x. Just stick with Ebay.
live and learn. All those badges are dropshipped from China and all fake. Some look decent, especially glossy black ones. I dont mind being fake or whatever, but i do mind when they are wrong dimension compared to oem. I bought several sets of glossy black V8 biturbo 4matic+ badge on ebay, but all were wrong size..too big and wouldnt fit under the OEM upsidedown nike badge.

Just have the oem badge painted by your local shop. They would probably charge no more than 20 bucks. I ended up painting my factory badge, glossy black and red.
I also have the red grill badge from ebay I decided not to put on..

Old 12-30-2022, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 586 Likes on 336 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
There are lots of these crappy Chinese part dropshippers all over ebay and alibaba. Best to avoid them all. I was looking for AMG grille badge and was able to buy the OEM one from ECS tuning. Factory like fitment. Not sure if they have it anymore.