Sponsored by:

2019 E63S AMG Steering Wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 08:17 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
That is the "new" steering wheel yes.

I would not opt for anything besides leather or dinamica. You need grip on it.

The version in leather and dinamica is beautiful but I stick to all leather version. Dinamica tends to give more trouble in maintaing since it collects fast the grease and dirt from the hands, and has that somewhat look of chaos with the fur/thread going different directions
Old 08-23-2018, 12:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
Originally Posted by tonecas
no, the MY19 will not bring the new controls on the steering wheel. it has been rolled out on the A class, on the C63 facelift and S63 but not for E class for now. the new controls are not of good quality as far the reviews tell. seems like MB rushed to make the thing look more what has been done for years in BMW and Porsche steering wheels, and is not looking much into quality. Probably on another interim update for the current models that already have the new steering wheel they will improve it. just keep moving inventory and keep people buying cars that quickly get outdated
Wait, so people with 2018s can install the new steering wheel? If so, MB should really offer a special price for 2018 E63 owners interested in getting the new steering wheel. Just my opinion.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:34 AM

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
E63 S Wagon
Originally Posted by Andrew-NY
Wait, so people with 2018s can install the new steering wheel? If so, MB should really offer a special price for 2018 E63 owners interested in getting the new steering wheel. Just my opinion.
Not really... it isn't fully plug and play. There are physical differences, including the airbag, plus wiring changes, too. I'm sure MBUSA would love to sell you a 2019 once they're released. Otherwise, they don't give a ****.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:36 AM

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
E63 S Wagon
no, the MY19 will not bring the new controls on the steering wheel. it has been rolled out on the A class, on the C63 facelift and S63 but not for E class for now. the new controls are not of good quality as far the reviews tell. seems like MB rushed to make the thing look more what has been done for years in BMW and Porsche steering wheels, and is not looking much into quality. Probably on another interim update for the current models that already have the new steering wheel they will improve it. just keep moving inventory and keep people buying cars that quickly get outdated
Uhh... 2019 brings the new controls to all models of the E-Class. The cruise control functions move from the column to the wheel. The only enhancement that isn't available is the AMG DRIVE UNIT. That should arrive for MY20,
Old 08-23-2018, 12:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
S4
Think the next face lift E63 will / should have this drive unit. Really choked only 3 interior colors. Would like to see Magno colors expanded in Canada
Old 08-23-2018, 05:43 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by wdimagineer
Uhh... 2019 brings the new controls to all models of the E-Class. The cruise control functions move from the column to the wheel. The only enhancement that isn't available is the AMG DRIVE UNIT. That should arrive for MY20,
I did not explain myself correctly That's what I meant.

If they put those controls as an optional in MY20 then MB is really messing around. Why just not now?
Old 08-23-2018, 07:46 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
Originally Posted by Andrew-NY
They will not offer special price.

2017 E63 with new steering wheel installed
Old 08-23-2018, 10:47 AM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Originally Posted by dav461

Looks great - that particular one is from the S63/65; I wish the E63's had the same central stitching as it looks amazing. I wonder if all the buttons are fully functional. Regardless, I like the old steering wheel too, perfect size and grip.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG

Wow looks great how much did that cost?
Old 08-23-2018, 12:42 PM

GTR
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Wow looks great how much did that cost?
1800€ including airbag
Old 08-23-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
It would be nice if we had an option for a stitched airbag cover like that one!!!
Old 08-24-2018, 09:41 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by Can84
no one ordered My19 in Turkey right now and i’m not expecting to happen soon because there is only six W213 E63s entire country
Wow, that is fascinating! You are how many there, almost 100 million persons right?
Old 08-24-2018, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580

1800€ including airbag
Did that include the installation by the dealer? Where can we get more info on installation which i can provide to my dealer...
Old 08-25-2018, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63s
Wow, that is fascinating! You are how many there, almost 100 million persons right?
Around 80 million, we pay taxes according to engine displacement so bigger engine means bigger hole in your vallet
Old 08-25-2018, 03:32 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Yeah, same here, but I'm surprised with such small numbers. This is a large number matter. In so many people you will get just enough persons with money to purchase high price cars. I'm guessing people rather spend money on sports cars with two seats or premium family cars with high confort. The mix that the E63 brings seems to not appeal to to much people.

Here we are just 10 million and they have been sold 3 e63s.

So very small numbers. If this is happening on other countries I don't see how MB will make money out of this
Old 08-25-2018, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63s
Yeah, same here, but I'm surprised with such small numbers. This is a large number matter. In so many people you will get just enough persons with money to purchase high price cars. I'm guessing people rather spend money on sports cars with two seats or premium family cars with high confort. The mix that the E63 brings seems to not appeal to to much people.

Here we are just 10 million and they have been sold 3 e63s.

So very small numbers. If this is happening on other countries I don't see how MB will make money out of this
Brand new E63s cost 299.000€ in Turkey, i think it’s obvious why we have few of them

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vasi...84815208/detay
Old 08-25-2018, 07:21 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Sure, but in 80 million people some of them will have money... If just 1% have money then there is a market for 800k persons. From those only 6 opt for an E63S. That is surprising to me.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
S213

Hi, was this now a plug&play swap or was their any change in wiring/coding?
Does cruise control also work on the buttons of the wheel?

Looking forward to your answer.
Best, Florian
Old 10-30-2018, 04:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E63S,
Originally Posted by mcflo

Best, Florian
Same question. Do all the buttons on the wheel work as designed? Was any software update necessary or do we just pop the airbag, unbolt, unplug, swap, plug, rebolt, and put the new airbag in?
Old 11-01-2018, 03:31 PM

GTR
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Did that include the installation by the dealer? Where can we get more info on installation which i can provide to my dealer...
no, installation in garage. Cruise doesn’t work on steering wheel.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
e63s
Originally Posted by mcflo

Best, Florian
I've been searching really hard for information about 2019 MY steering wheel to be retrofitted on 2018 MY and upgrade my standard tweeters with 3d Hi-end Burmister's twitters.

Here is what I found.

You can buy and install 2019 MY steering wheel but you have to get the additional unit (some cheat unit) which one will be some kind of bypass for MRM unit (steering column module) for proper installation and to save all options works (as cruise control and etc) otherwise you will lose some of these features.

Or, you can buy the wheel + MRM module (SCM [MRM] - steering column module) and install them. Probably some SCN coding will be required (not sure here) as well. Then you're good to go.

The US dealers are not going to do that SCN coding for parts that originally doesn't come on a car by your VIN, you have to find an independent shop who can to do an SCN coding.

Same story with 3D Hi-End rotary Burmester twitters for people who wants to retrofit their standard twitters. You can buy Chinese parts ($400 shipped) and plug and play them but in this case, the ambient light will not work properly when you chose "multicolor" option, tweeters are going to change color sharply without the smooth transition. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdI9w4J_aw&feature=youtu.be

If you want to get OEM twitters, again, you'll need to do SCN coding and proper integration in the sound control unit. Then everything will work as it should.

If you will able to find a shop who have Net start (or whatever it's called) dealer computer you will get whatever you want. Check this out: http://www.elebestsg.com/index.php?i...gory&id_lang=1 and their FB album where they are retrofitting everything: https://www.facebook.com/EleBestSG/photos

Last edited by Mandarin; 11-01-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Mandarin
I've been searching really hard for information about 2019 MY steering wheel to be retrofitted on 2018 MY and upgrade my standard tweeters with 3d Hi-end Burmister's twitters.

Here is what I found.

You can buy and install 2019 MY steering wheel but you have to get the additional unit (some cheat unit) which one will be some kind of bypass for MRM unit (steering column module) for proper installation and to save all options works (as cruise control and etc) otherwise you will lose some of these features.

Or, you can buy the wheel + MRM module (SCM [MRM] - steering column module) and install them. Probably some SCN coding will be required (not sure here) as well. Then you're good to go.

The US dealers are not going to do that SCN coding for parts that originally doesn't come on a car by your VIN, you have to find an independent shop who can to do an SCN coding.

Same story with 3D Hi-End rotary Burmester twitters for people who wants to retrofit their standard twitters. You can buy Chinese parts ($400 shipped) and plug and play them but in this case, the ambient light will not work properly when you chose "multicolor" option, tweeters are going to change color sharply without the smooth transition. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdI9w4J_aw&feature=youtu.be

If you want to get OEM twitters, again, you'll need to do SCN coding and proper integration in the sound control unit. Then everything will work as it should.

If you will able to find a shop who have Net start (or whatever it's called) dealer computer you will get whatever you want. Check this out: http://www.elebestsg.com/index.php?i...gory&id_lang=1 and their FB album where they are retrofitting everything: https://www.facebook.com/EleBestSG/photos
Where can you get this "cheat unit" to interface the 2019 wheel with the 2018 car? That seems like a better solution than coding.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:04 AM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
e63s
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Where can you get this "cheat unit" to interface the 2019 wheel with the 2018 car? That seems like a better solution than coding.
Have no idea I did not look for this way since this can make addition malfunctions. Only one way I would go, to change column module and wheel.

Now we can see a ton different offers for these wheels with no additional coding required but all of them not going to work with cruise control buttons on that and you still have to navigate cruise by the switch under a wheel.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan

Here is what I found.

Same story with 3D Hi-End rotary Burmester twitters for people who wants to retrofit their standard twitters. You can buy Chinese parts ($400 shipped) and plug and play them but in this case, the ambient light will not work properly when you chose "multicolor" option, tweeters are going to change color sharply without the smooth transition. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdI...ature=youtu.be

Are the tweeters the only parts changed with the 3D surround system? What about woofers/amp?
Old 04-06-2019, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Have no idea I did not look for this way since this can make addition malfunctions. Only one way I would go, to change column module and wheel.

Now we can see a ton different offers for these wheels with no additional coding required but all of them not going to work with cruise control buttons on that and you still have to navigate cruise by the switch under a wheel.
Sounds expensive. Probably cheaper to buy a new car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 E63S AMG Steering Wheel?