Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove the F90 M5 for a extended period- My thoughts inside/pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Jimmy-K
Find a dealer that has a M5 on the lot to your liking. It will more than likely have less than 50 miles on it. You have to have the right salesman, and you have to be ready to buy. BMW is offering special 1% apr on new vehicles with more than 300 miles (which they now consider to be demo vehicles or something of that sort). See if the salesman is willing to rack up 300 miles on it to close the deal. They get a nice sale, you get 1% apr on a great vehicle. Win-win!

I did some research on this... there is more to it than just putting on a simple 300 miles to get the discounted rate. The dealership has to first, before an add to miles, register the car as a loaner via BMW corp/FS. Then once that process is done- the minimum needed is 300 miles on the odo. But I have checked with my contacts at FS and they have never seen an M5 added into the loaner pool and they would question the dealer intent here. I have serious doubts that any reputable dealer would do this for just anybody; maybe for me LOL.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by Vic55
I did some research on this... there is more to it than just putting on a simple 300 miles to get the discounted rate. The dealership has to first, before an add to miles, register the car as a loaner via BMW corp/FS. Then once that process is done- the minimum needed is 300 miles on the odo. But I have checked with my contacts at FS and they have never seen an M5 added into the loaner pool and they would question the dealer intent here. I have serious doubts that any reputable dealer would do this for just anybody; maybe for me LOL.
Clickbait: “Find out why dealers hate this guy and the secrets he uses!!”