MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   MY19 Launch Schedule (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/719706-my19-launch-schedule.html)

Pertplus 10-02-2018 08:45 PM

At least Tesla 3 customers are starting to get their cars. I can live variously through them until my wagon arrives in 2046.

X166 10-02-2018 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pertplus (Post 7568321)
At least Tesla 3 customers are starting to get their cars. I can live variously through them until my wagon arrives in 2046.

This is getting tough again man...

Pertplus 10-02-2018 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by X166 (Post 7568365)

This is getting tough again man...

I don’t disagree. I even got tempted to look at new 2018 wagons on auto trader — the few that were there. But I ordered this car the exact way I wanted it and unless they tell me it’s not coming in calendar year 2018, then I’m just going to hope for the best and keep my expectations tempered.

X166 10-02-2018 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pertplus (Post 7568376)

I don’t disagree. I even got tempted to look at new 2018 wagons on auto trader — the few that were there. But I ordered this car the exact way I wanted it and unless they tell me it’s not coming in calendar year 2018, then I’m just going to hope for the best and keep my expectations tempered.

Agreed. If it doesn’t come by end of year, I’ll literally have no choice but to look elsewhere since the daily lease is coming due. Fingers crossed our wait is just several weeks from being over.

Pertplus 10-02-2018 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by X166 (Post 7568389)

Agreed. If it doesn’t come by end of year, I’ll literally have no choice but to look elsewhere since the daily lease is coming due. Fingers crossed our wait is just several weeks from being over.

Im getting tired of answering the questions “where’s your car?” “Why can’t you go just pick it up?” “Why is it taking so long?” and “how did you get in my house and where are your pants?”

X166 10-02-2018 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pertplus (Post 7568390)

Im getting tired of answering the questions “where’s your car?” “Why can’t you go just pick it up?” “Why is it taking so long?” and “how did you get in my house and where are your pants?”

“Why are you wearing my robe and why are my kids calling you daddy?”

kcjonz 10-03-2018 09:33 AM

Just got this email from Sales Manager.....

We will have an update from MBUSA later today.
I will reach out to you to apprise.

Thanks!

Joe

X166 10-03-2018 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by kcjonz (Post 7568587)

Thanks!

Joe

WOW. Please keep us posted!

VPC_E63S 10-03-2018 10:01 AM

Thanks!

Joe

Here it is:

"Do to zee messages received by zee Herr Dietmar Exler from certain persons with zee weird names such as "exhundertsexundsexzig", zee "kaycee something" "pertextra" "shassel" und we don't know vat else mit verruckten messages about zee "vee pay cee" E63 stationwagons, ve at Mercedes Benz have agreed to provide a free AMG travel mug ven zee stationwagon is released from the vee pay cee in zee spring of 2020. Danke fur your patronage."

s26singh 10-03-2018 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by shasselman (Post 7568605)
Here it is:

"Do to zee messages received by zee Herr Dietmar Exler from certain persons with zee weird names such as "exhundertsexundsexzig", zee "kaycee something" "pertextra" "shassel" und we don't know vat else mit verruckten messages about zee "vee pay cee" E63 stationwagons, ve at Mercedes Benz have agreed to provide a free AMG travel mug ven zee stationwagon is released from the vee pay cee in zee spring of 2020. Danke fur your patronage."

Well said, lol

Carac 10-03-2018 01:59 PM

"Our announcement is that there is nothing to announce."

kcjonz 10-03-2018 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7568787)
"Our announcement is that there is nothing to announce."

Apparently, because I'm still waiting patiently on him to apprise me.

kcjonz 10-03-2018 04:17 PM

Thanks!

Joe

Here's his response...

"Was just advised that the 63 engine vehicles will not be released until later this year. This includes the E63 -- Probably December."

Wassaby 10-03-2018 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by kcjonz (Post 7568938)
Here's his response...

"Was just advised that the 63 engine vehicles will not be released until later this year. This includes the E63 -- Probably December."

This is what we're talking about for a month now. That's old news.

Pertplus 10-03-2018 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7568968)
This is what we're talking about for a month now. That's old news.

Bingo!

VPC_E63S 10-03-2018 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by kcjonz (Post 7568938)
Here's his response...

Was there an explanation? That's what I don't understand - why they can't just say, "Someone in the [legal/engineering] department screwed-up and we have to wait for [a certification for an emissions application that should have been submitted six month ago and wasn't/a software update to address a misfire in the engine] and then we will release the car. Or maybe, "the marketing department thought it would be a great idea to build anticipation for the release of a car that has already been released." or "We still have two E63s wagons in inventory in North America and although they are both white, we are waiting until they are sold until we release the 2019s."

s26singh 10-03-2018 09:51 PM

Dropped by my dealer today - SA showed me a print out of release schedule - much more detailed than one posted here. On the very last page I found the MY19 E63 AMG. Written beside this was "release date early December"; and beside that it said "campaign release date". Along with it sat the GT AMG's. Only thing scheduled to release next year (2019) in February/March is the AMG GT 4 door coupe.

MB is following a release schedule; very unlikely we will see our cars any earlier than indicated.

Pertplus 10-03-2018 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by shasselman (Post 7569011)
Was there an explanation? That's what I don't understand - why they can't just say, "Someone in the [legal/engineering] department screwed-up and we have to wait for [a certification for an emissions application that should have been submitted six month ago and wasn't/a software update to address a misfire in the engine] and then we will release the car. Or maybe, "the marketing department thought it would be a great idea to build anticipation for the release of a car that has already been released." or "We still have two E63s wagons in inventory in North America and although they are both white, we are waiting until they are sold until we release the 2019s."

Youre expecting a multi-billion dollar corporate conglomerate to be more transparent and/or forthcoming than they really need to be? The reality is that the cars will be released when they’re released. It sucks. It’s frustrating. But for your own sanity, the more you try to read the proverbial tea leaves on why they haven’t been released or ponder why MBZ isn’t disclosing the reason why the cars aren’t being shipped to dealers, the more you will drive yourself crazy.

Now....anyone have any new CEL stories to talk about?

joemezz 10-03-2018 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by s26singh (Post 7569180)
Dropped by my dealer today - SA showed me a print out of release schedule - much more detailed than one posted here. On the very last page I found the MY19 E63 AMG. Written beside this was "release date early December"; and beside that it said "campaign release date". Along with it sat the GT AMG's. Only thing scheduled to release next year (2019) in February/March is the AMG GT 4 door coupe.

MB is following a release schedule; very unlikely we will see our cars any earlier than indicated.

Did the printout list the release date for the E53?

kcjonz 10-03-2018 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pertplus (Post 7569184)

Youre expecting a multi-billion dollar corporate conglomerate to be more transparent and/or forthcoming than they really need to be? The reality is that the cars will be released when they’re released. It sucks. It’s frustrating. But for your own sanity, the more you try to read the proverbial tea leaves on why they haven’t been released or ponder why MBZ isn’t disclosing the reason why the cars aren’t being shipped to dealers, the more you will drive yourself crazy.

This is my WORST purchase experience ever. Febuary to December. When I was promied “3 months, max”

Pertplus 10-03-2018 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by kcjonz (Post 7569257)

This is my WORST purchase experience ever. Febuary to December. When I was promied “3 months, max”

When I ordered mine in April, I was told August build date and delivery between September and November. How long has yours been at the port for?

X166 10-03-2018 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pertplus (Post 7569266)

When I ordered mine in April, I was told August build date and delivery between September and November. How long has yours been at the port for?

I was told August or September at latest.

E634Me 10-04-2018 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pertplus (Post 7569184)

Sadly, a new CEL popped today at the same time the engine started running very roughly. Very shortly after I heard a loud bang and screeching sound and the car came to an abrupt halt with the engine stalled.

When I got out of the car I could smell both coolant and oil and saw both running on the ground. Upon opening the hood, much to my dismay I saw a connecting rod protruding from the side of the motor . . .

J/K :slap::bsflag:

Just kidding. The car has been running great for the two days I've had it back so far.

Have to drive Friday from SD to Universal Studios for a family outing and will be driving the E63. We'll see how it does on a little longer drive.

I'm hopeful that Mercedes is on top of the CEL issue and gets to a root cause soon. Best of luck to the others who've had the problem.

2 '02 S600 10-04-2018 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by E634Me (Post 7569291)
Sadly, a new CEL popped today at the same time the engine started running very roughly. Very shortly after I heard a loud bang and screeching sound and the car came to an abrupt halt with the engine stalled.

When I got out of the car I could smell both coolant and oil and saw both running on the ground. Upon opening the hood, much to my dismay I saw a connecting rod protruding from the side of the motor . . .

J/K :slap::bsflag:

Just kidding. The car has been running great for the two days I've had it back so far.

Have to drive Friday from SD to Universal Studios for a family outing and will be driving the E63. We'll see how it does on a little longer drive.

I'm hopeful that Mercedes is on top of the CEL issue and gets to a root cause soon. Best of luck to the others who've had the problem.

You got me good in the beginning of your post :) I've been away from the forums for months and now I see CEL issue threads all over the place, just craziness.

Then I see those waiting for their 19 MY cars to be released from the VPCs. I feel like it's groundhog day for those of us with 18 MY sedan/wagon. Hope MB gets the issues squared away and everyone gets their cars sooner than later.

s26singh 10-04-2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by joemezz (Post 7569185)
Did the printout list the release date for the E53?

Same as the chart on this thread - late November. For CLS it says early November.