Sponsored by:

Furious!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 11:35 AM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
I have a not too loaded selenite grey E63 sedan available at port now already...built, vin etc.. awaiting the release

Could discount for you? or find you something? Doesnt sound like you are getting great service there.. :/

MODEL: 2019 E63W4S $106350
992 Selenite Grey Metallic $720
561 AMG Black Exclusive Nappa w/Silver Stitching

Options
521 521 Night Package: High-Gloss Black Elements: Front Splitter, Grille $750
P60 AMG Exterior Night Styling
U50 Night Package Component Code
B07 AMG High-Performance Ceramic Composite Braking System $8,950
H64 Metal Weave Trim $600
L6K AMG Nappa/DINAMICA Performance Steering Wheel
RTS 20" AMG Black Forged Cross-Spoke Wheels $1,700
U78 AMG Performance Exhaust System $1,250
Y04 Silver Seat Belts $500
413 Panorama Sunroof $1,000
51U Black Headliner

DESTINATION &DELIVERY $995
TOTAL $112,775
Alas I’m in the U.K. but thank you!
Old 08-31-2018, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by Slugsy

Oh, missed that lol.. sorry.. mate? mate is right... right?
Old 08-31-2018, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.

Oh you lucky Bum, the Remote Parking Assist using your Cell phone is going to work for you. We don't get that in this country even though the car is set up for it, something to do with the cell phone service. I sure wish that feature worked though, sometimes people park so close they block me in parking spots, With that you can just fire up your car with your cell phone and back out the car by itself from the way i understand it.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:04 PM

E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
Oh, missed that lol.. sorry.. mate? mate is right... right?
It is, correct!
Old 08-31-2018, 12:05 PM

E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Oh you lucky Bum, the Remote Parking Assist using your Cell phone is going to work for you. We don't get that in this country even though the car is set up for it, something to do with the cell phone service. I sure wish that feature worked though, sometimes people park so close they block me in parking spots, With that you can just fire up your car with your cell phone and back out the car by itself from the way i understand it.
Yep but we don’t get heated rear seats, massage seats or heated steering wheel here for some reason
Old 08-31-2018, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts

It is, correct!
YES! years of watching F1, Top gear, 5th gear, grand tour, autocar, carfection have paid off

Yep but we don’t get heated rear seats, massage seats or heated steering wheel here for some reason

really? thats very odd... usually we get the bum wrap on seats and options...
Old 09-02-2018, 12:17 AM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
man, you guys in the US really are aficionados about cars. in my country is not usual for people to tune or mess in anyway with high value cars. so i am baffled with all the expertise and ease you have in making mods to an E63 S

not wanting to hijack this thread, but i would like to ask you a few things.

I am waiting for my E63 S in obsidian black. I liked the selenium matte gray but opted not going that path because of the upkeep with the matte paint and because grey is simply not as classy as black. don't know how to put this but black is a more a discrete color that stands the passing of time: it never gets you bored, if you keep it clean... in fact, in my country, matte colors usually drops the resale value of a car. but then again, i don't care that much and after seeing the ED1 black matte color i was blown away. i see you talking about clear coating, PPF and the likes and this is all new to me. and then you got me by saying it is possible to have a wrap/PPF (?) in matte which i guess gives the looks of an original matte paint job BUT without the issues of having scratches and all the upkeep of a matte paint. SO, is it possible to get a matte paint wrap/PPF over the obsidian black and get it similar to the ED1 black? even if I don't go that way, what do you recommend to apply to the car paint after i get it from the dealer? a PPF for protection of the paint? what are the standard moves you make in this aspect? And how much does this cost there?
Old 09-02-2018, 03:07 AM

E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by tonecas
man, you guys in the US really are aficionados about cars. in my country is not usual for people to tune or mess in anyway with high value cars. so i am baffled with all the expertise and ease you have in making mods to an E63 S

not wanting to hijack this thread, but i would like to ask you a few things.

I am waiting for my E63 S in obsidian black. I liked the selenium matte gray but opted not going that path because of the upkeep with the matte paint and because grey is simply not as classy as black. don't know how to put this but black is a more a discrete color that stands the passing of time: it never gets you bored, if you keep it clean... in fact, in my country, matte colors usually drops the resale value of a car. but then again, i don't care that much and after seeing the ED1 black matte color i was blown away. i see you talking about clear coating, PPF and the likes and this is all new to me. and then you got me by saying it is possible to have a wrap/PPF (?) in matte which i guess gives the looks of an original matte paint job BUT without the issues of having scratches and all the upkeep of a matte paint. SO, is it possible to get a matte paint wrap/PPF over the obsidian black and get it similar to the ED1 black? even if I don't go that way, what do you recommend to apply to the car paint after i get it from the dealer? a PPF for protection of the paint? what are the standard moves you make in this aspect? And how much does this cost there?
There are many on here with vast experience of doing this, but I’ll know by end of Monday if I am going down this route.

The PPF I have been advised to use is XPEL stealth which is a clear ‘film’ that protects the paint, doesn’t actually change the colour, but changes the finish to a more ‘satin’ finish. I too love the Edition 1 colour though would have been happy with the Grey Magno.

I have checked with approved XPEL operators in the U.K. and it’s looking around £4K (inc tax) (British Pounds) for the whole car to done.
The following users liked this post:
tonecas (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 07:49 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR

There are many on here with vast experience of doing this, but I’ll know by end of Monday if I am going down this route.

The PPF I have been advised to use is XPEL stealth which is a clear ‘film’ that protects the paint, doesn’t actually change the colour, but changes the finish to a more ‘satin’ finish. I too love the Edition 1 colour though would have been happy with the Grey Magno.

I have checked with approved XPEL operators in the U.K. and it’s looking around £4K (inc tax) (British Pounds) for the whole car to done.
Damn, that’s a lot... i spend 1,800£ on mine full car incl inside door sills. But that’s not in uk And I chose Hexis ppf
Old 09-02-2018, 08:47 AM

E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by dav461

Damn, that’s a lot... i spend 1,800£ on mine full car incl inside door sills. But that’s not in uk And I chose Hexis ppf
Indeed, I won’t be doing it without the dealer contributing to it.

It does come with a 10 yr guarantee I think though.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:26 PM

E63 AMG Estate
Jesus this dealer is really testing my patience! So is still claiming he might be able to get the spec changed back to grey so asked for the deadline to be extended till end of tomorrow!

Good news is he will consider some level of compensation if he can’t fix it, most likely at least a month’s leasing cost FOC which that and the reduction in leasing cost (Selenite v Black Obsidian) goes almost all the way to covering the coating.

Fingers crossed I’ll still get the car mid Oct!!
Old 09-04-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Wonder if there is a limited amount of designo paint cars available and you lost your spot when he changed it
Old 09-04-2018, 10:19 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Get 'level of compensation' in writing. And it sounds promising. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:49 AM

E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by jkob5
Wonder if there is a limited amount of designo paint cars available and you lost your spot when he changed it
While he hasn’t said so, I suspect that is the case.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:50 AM

E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Get 'level of compensation' in writing. And it sounds promising. Good luck.
Thanks, should know by tomorrow one way or other.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:13 PM

E63 AMG Estate
Sigh, so final word has come back. No way I can get the Sept build changed back to Grey.

If I re-order then they can not guarantee a January delivery date but would provide a courtesy car until it came!

Offering a token extra £30 a month off the lease so effectively £1k compensation.

Not sure what to do, I feel like telling them to p*ss off but that’s probably cutting my nose to spite my face!

The fact that they can’t guarnatee a Jan delivery date makes me nervous.

Ill think about it but suspect I will go with the Sept build in Obsidian Black and get the XPEL coating.

What a total nonesene!!
Old 09-05-2018, 06:01 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
RS7
Sigh, so final word has come back. No way I can get the Sept build changed back to Grey.

If I re-order then they can not guarantee a January delivery date but would provide a courtesy car until it came!

Offering a token extra £30 a month off the lease so effectively £1k compensation.

Not sure what to do, I feel like telling them to p*ss off but that’s probably cutting my nose to spite my face!

Ill think about it but suspect I will go with the Sept build in Obsidian Black and get the XPEL coating.

What a total nonesene!!
I say walk away and do another deal elsewhere.
You'll keep thinking about this forever if you keep the deal with them imho.
Life is too short to stress over these things, start fresh!
Old 09-05-2018, 07:48 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Man, that stinks. If you do opt for the September build, see if they will still offer you a courtesy car as well as the other incentives to stay on board. It seems you do have some leverage to keep playing the game. GL to you.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
2018 AMG E63S

What a total nonesene!!
That truly sucks. But I think the cut--nose--spite--face is the key ingredient in your decision. It sounds like you're happy with the alternate colour. In your shoes, I'd run with it
Old 09-05-2018, 09:45 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
that sucks big time.
think what you care most. is that important to make you wait another 4+ months? or going with what you have now will do fine?

i was initially thinking on the matte grey, then on the metallic grey and finally opted for the obsidian black. reasons: black is a more classic color and does not sore or eyes with time, and gives less stress regarding scratches than matte colors. and after seeing what it looks like with an Xpel Stealth wrap from other forum members I was blown away.
think of having an even better looking matte (black) car with paint protection already incorporated and on your expected deadline. it could be a good end-result.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:03 AM

E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by tonecas
that sucks big time.
think what you care most. is that important to make you wait another 4+ months? or going with what you have now will do fine?

i was initially thinking on the matte grey, then on the metallic grey and finally opted for the obsidian black. reasons: black is a more classic color and does not sore or eyes with time, and gives less stress regarding scratches than matte colors. and after seeing what it looks like with an Xpel Stealth wrap from other forum members I was blown away.
think of having an even better looking matte (black) car with paint protection already incorporated and on your expected deadline. it could be a good end-result.
This is the conclusion I am coming to. I like the Black, I LOVE the satin black and would get that done, even though it’s a lease car as 3 years is still 3 years!

I’m aware many on here have waited longer than me for their cars, but after being promised the car in September, I don’t think I can stomach a 4+ month further wait.

I thought about the pride thing and telling them to stick it and walking away. I can get a better deal on a M5 and head is saying do that, heart is saying stick on black!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:16 AM

E63 AMG Estate
Well another twist! Dealer has got a slot for the Grey to be delivered 24th Oct in my spec!

Matt Black or Matt Grey??!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:29 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
i'm sold on the matte black, but from an Xpel Stealth. the paint itself can be metallic
Old 09-06-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
Matte black....

P.S. can the Thread be renamed Happy instead of Furious? ))
Old 09-06-2018, 04:33 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Furious!