E43 Brabus - anyone tried it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E92 M3, AMG E43
E43 Brabus - anyone tried it?

Hello guys,

I'm sure you can't go wrong with their complete package, but we are considering Brabus front lip spoiler, exhaust and rear diffuser (they have to go together).

Also looking into E43 Supersprint exhaust as its sound is similar to stock, but we are uncertain whether the volume is loud enough to make a difference.
If anyone could share experience with their products it would be greatly appreciated!

Below is the stock E43 at our disposal:

Old 09-05-2018, 10:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
Originally Posted by kyrix1st
Hello guys,

I'm sure you can't go wrong with their complete package, but we are considering Brabus front lip spoiler, exhaust and rear diffuser (they have to go together).

Also looking into E43 Supersprint exhaust as its sound is similar to stock, but we are uncertain whether the volume is loud enough to make a difference.
If anyone could share experience with their products it would be greatly appreciated!

Below is the stock E43 at our disposal:
I'm sure the car will be beautiful. However, after you factor in the price of the E43 plus the money for the upgrades, it might be less expensive to get an E63. Brabus upgrades can be quite expensive.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:34 AM

E92 M3, AMG E43
Originally Posted by Andrew-NY
I'm sure the car will be beautiful. However, after you factor in the price of the E43 plus the money for the upgrades, it might be less expensive to get an E63. Brabus upgrades can be quite expensive.
Thank you for your reply. There were several reasons we chose E43 over E63S or E63 as:

1. $50K difference in price where we live;
2. Daily commute with decent mpg without being boring;
3. Proper RWD proper sports car already in the garage; and
4. Only E63S offers switcheable AWD. (Awd only here.. so sad you can't even donut without spending over a 150 grand with E class!)

I've heard a decent Brabus package such as above cost around 8 grand at max; really just wanted to know if there is any drone with Brabus exhaust ( I know supersprint does with low rpm) since that can be a pain to live with.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
Originally Posted by kyrix1st
Thank you for your reply. There were several reasons we chose E43 over E63S or E63 as:

1. $50K difference in price where we live;
2. Daily commute with decent mpg without being boring;
3. Proper RWD proper sports car already in the garage; and
4. Only E63S offers switcheable AWD. (Awd only here.. so sad you can't even donut without spending over a 150 grand with E class!)

I've heard a decent Brabus package such as above cost around 8 grand at max; really just wanted to know if there is any drone with Brabus exhaust ( I know supersprint does with low rpm) since that can be a pain to live with.
Your reasons make perfect sense to me, especially the $50K difference in price. I think in the US, the difference is only about $30k. I'm just a little surprised an ECU tune for the E43 (V6 Biturbo) only gains about 15-20hp.

Last edited by Andrew-NY; 09-06-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:43 AM

BMW 335I / E43 AMG
I would not go for the Brabus exhaust. In my opinion it sounds like ****. This is because it has no X pipe as far as i can see , so it actually sounds like 2 3 cilinder engines.
The supersprint exhaust sounds much better and you can get it in different configurations , so you can make it as loud as you want. There is a video on youtube of the supersprint exhaust where it sounds really good.