W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present

There is only one way to get correct camber when lowered.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2022 | 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by 1SickGLC
You are not alone..I completely removed them after they caused tons of noise, creaking, groaning, you name it. They are not a quality piece and will end up completely failing in short time. I, like you, have had them on for roughly a year and are completely seized. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. I went back to OEM arms and the ride is better and no noises at all. I will deal with inner tire wear or wait for Modalworks to come out with theirs in the next few months
I might just wait for the Modalworks arms. Do you have confirmation that they are coming out in the next few months?
Old 07-12-2022 | 12:18 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
So I've been running these F1 Fabrication/ TheCamberKing arms for a while now and I've had two recurring issues with them:

1. The locking nuts keep loosening up regardless of tightening or loctite blue. I've contacted the manufacturer and he does not have recommended torque specs so my techs are in the dark.

2. The heim joints start groaning loudly after time. First set lasted about a year, the second set is shot after two months.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and what if anything they've done to remedy it. I have seen that K-Mac now has similar front control arms that look more like OEM but I've sunk a decent amount of cash, time and effort into these at this point.
Yes we now produce total of 4 front and 3 rear kits - 7 choices when it comes to resolving costly, premature, edge tire wear (or track days in the pursuit of front row of the grid lap times). Same as OEM - at KMAC it’s also all about "constant, ongoing development" a whole lot better then having a unblemished record, doing nothing flawlessly.

In your situation 2nd time around with cost being a factor and wanting "Camber" adjustment capability only - recommend our popular front kit #503416-1i at $345 (less then cost of one hi-performance tire).

CHECKLIST BELOW RE ALL THE FEATURES WHEN COMPARED TO UPPER 'A' ARMS (#503416-1i kitsimply replaces the lower arm “inner” bushings)

•FIT ON CAR - no special tools and no labour / time consuming need to remove front strut assembly's.

•SIMPLICITY OF ADJUSTMENT - easy access and precise single wrench - accurately (under load) direct on alignment rack..

•FAIL SAFE LOCK SYSTEM (torque specs 122NM - 90ft/lbs).

•UNLIKE UPPER ‘A’ ARMS when adjusting to resolve inner edge tire wear “retains important clearance” - top of tire to outer fender (while Race days increases front track width).

•MANUFACTURING PERFORMANCE BUSHINGS SINCE 1964. Unique designs proven long term / maintenance free superceding delrin type bushes or spherical bearings. Finally resolving the issue that has plagued the industry for years - their wafer thin teflon liners soon pounding out. KMAC having two and a half times the load bearing, impact area.

•EXISTING "HI - STRENGTH FORGED ALLOY OEM ARMS" ARE RETAINED, security, peace of mind, no warranty issues by replacing with welded, fabricated ‘A’ arms.

See spoiler re other kits manufactured.

Spoiler

Experience Of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings Since 1964!

Last edited by K-Mac; 07-17-2022 at 11:47 PM.