Race start + drift mode disabled for weeks now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan
Race start + drift mode disabled for weeks now

I was driving like a nutcase and the "crash prevention" system thought I was going to hit somebody as I was changing lanes. It threw the car into limp mode and threw that code about the electronic diff being locked or something. A check engine light came on, but after a few restarts the same day it just went away.

However, I can't get race start or drift mode to work. It says it isn't allowed.

The car has 10k+ miles on it... Did the first owner maybe never go to the dealer to get the race start enabled ECU flash? I thought only BMW did the 1,200 mile maintenance where you actually need to go to the dealer to get it enabled. I thought Mercedes just checked its internal odometer and enabled it after ~1000km.

Any tips? What could the dealer really do/reset?
Old 01-01-2019, 10:03 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored
I was driving like a nutcase and the "crash prevention" system thought I was going to hit somebody as I was changing lanes. It threw the car into limp mode and threw that code about the electronic diff being locked or something. A check engine light came on, but after a few restarts the same day it just went away.

However, I can't get race start or drift mode to work. It says it isn't allowed.

The car has 10k+ miles on it... Did the first owner maybe never go to the dealer to get the race start enabled ECU flash? I thought only BMW did the 1,200 mile maintenance where you actually need to go to the dealer to get it enabled. I thought Mercedes just checked its internal odometer and enabled it after ~1000km.

There is no such procedure as “flashing ecu” to enable race start or drift mode.
visit your local dealer.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe

Good, now stay off the road and maybe we won't have to read about some ******* killing someone else..
The following 2 users liked this post by ronin amg:
dhull100 (01-03-2019), Mandarin (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by ronin amg
Good, now stay off the road and maybe we won't have to read about some ******* killing someone else..
Damn... in a car enthusiast forum too...
Old 01-03-2019, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Damn... in a car enthusiast forum too...
Exactly, it's not a car A-Hole forum.