W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just took delivery and got CEL

Old 01-12-2019, 03:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63s
Just took delivery and got CEL

Just got my brand new 2019 E63s had it about 48 hours and the fuel Guage reads empty and got a check engine light. It is not empty and I just filled it up with gas. I have completely complied with the break in procedure and the fuel cap seems secure. Car otherwise drives fine smooth idle etc. Anyone have a similar issue? I can't find my obd2 reader will try to get in touch with mb tomorrow if I can. Big problem for me is there is no dealership here in Kona if it needs warranty work I have to ship it to Honolulu. I am also scheduled for a ceramic coat Monday. Ahhhhhhhhh! Hopefully it is nothing.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Wonder if its battery related..low long did it sit at port? Did you buy from MB of Hnolulu or Maui? both are Fletcher right?
Old 01-12-2019, 11:50 AM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by Wokpom
Just got my brand new 2019 E63s had it about 48 hours and the fuel Guage reads empty and got a check engine light. It is not empty and I just filled it up with gas. I have completely complied with the break in procedure and the fuel cap seems secure. Car otherwise drives fine smooth idle etc. Anyone have a similar issue? I can't find my obd2 reader will try to get in touch with mb tomorrow if I can. Big problem for me is there is no dealership here in Kona if it needs warranty work I have to ship it to Honolulu. I am also scheduled for a ceramic coat Monday. Ahhhhhhhhh! Hopefully it is nothing.
Well the good news it's not the cylinder 1,6 misfire. It's probably an electrical gremlin that's fixable and won't be more than an annoyance. If I were in your position, I would specifically ask for the dealer you bought the car from to pay for a good will transport. If not reach out to MBUSA. I would hope they stand by a brand new car.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:11 PM

E63s
Maybe battery?

Well I called the service center and I am waiting for a technician to cakk me back. Not surprisingly after hooking up my OBD2 scanner it looks like it is fuel sensor. Maybe it's a voltage issue. The battery was critical low on the Mercedes me app while it was in the port. I thought driving about 80 miles would have charged it completely but I hooked up the battery to my charger and it seems that it's only 25% charged. I will fully charge the battery and drive around and see if that does anything. I am a little bit apprehensive about clearing the code without talking to the service center first.

Last edited by Wokpom; 01-12-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:30 AM

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
M8 convert + model Y
what ODB scanner do you use? I like to buy one
Old 01-15-2019, 01:22 AM

E63s
Originally Posted by mmmamg
what ODB scanner do you use? I like to buy one
It is called FIXT. I picked it up at target. In any case I charged the battery and reset the CEL and all seems to be well at least for now.
The following users liked this post:
mmmamg (01-15-2019)