Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU Tuning in Southern California

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
ECU Tuning in Southern California

Do you live in Southern California and are interested in modifying you E63? Stop by our shop and be sure to speak to us about your needs. We can offer you a specific tune for your car that is custom written for your exact needs. Now that we all have the capability of tuning this car through the obd port you have no reason to live with an off the shelf based tune when you can have a proper tune done on your car. Why settle for a tune in the mail when you can come to our shop , get on the dyno and leave here with something thats specific for your needs.

We can also offer downpipes and filters along with the tune and a one day turn around.

We have the best testing equipment, the most experienced team of tuners and can offer you a one stop shopping experience that will cater to all your needs.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
We are looking for a car available in SoCal to come in for downpipes and a tune. We will offer a special deal on the parts and install and we would like to use the car for photos and to provide dyno results.

If you are interested in getting downpipes and a tune on your car and you are in the Los Angeles area please reach out.

Thanks-
Craig
Old 08-22-2020, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woild this apply to w218 since they are essentially same? Im in la. Would like to ask about the tunes even if i dont qualify for this
Old 08-23-2020, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
It would help if you gave a name of the shop, a phone number and address..
Old 08-24-2020, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Since the OP post is well over a year old, I don't feel bad about ruining it.

What are the limits of the stock engine? How do you know the tune has not exceeded the horsepower and torque limitations of the stock pistons and crankshaft? How do you know the piston rings, valves, etc can handle the extra boost? What is the boost limitations for the pistons, rings, and rest of the powertrain? Will the timing be advanced or retarded to make up for the increased boost (which brings me back to the prior question)??
Old 08-24-2020, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by kponti
Since the OP post is well over a year old, I don't feel bad about ruining it.

What are the limits of the stock engine? How do you know the tune has not exceeded the horsepower and torque limitations of the stock pistons and crankshaft? How do you know the piston rings, valves, etc can handle the extra boost? What is the boost limitations for the pistons, rings, and rest of the powertrain? Will the timing be advanced or retarded to make up for the increased boost (which brings me back to the prior question)??
since i am connected to some tuners these days i asked one to take a look at your post and this was their response:

so write a summary for Bosch MED ecu tuning (our ECUs are Bosch MED1775, Bosch MG1 is also popular right now)

1. open stock cal file (you can get read the numebr on your car from xentry/monaco and then find your stock file online. ours is 1779035501 CAL as of 2020-08-24. goes with 1779020301 APPL/ASW)

2. open a2l (leaked, need to purchase it. about 300 dollars paypal to some seedy guy on skype lol)

does winols allow you to import the a2l and it autodefines stuff

> It allows you to import the a2l
> It doesn’t auto define anything worthwhile
> You have to pay for the a2l importer actually
> I thought it was standard

so you have to had define the module maps?

> Yeah

or you mean if you have the a2l importer
it defines the module maps for you

> It doesn’t
> Just for that one matching hex obviously

so then you **** with torque target tables, lambda tables, and ignition timing tables (over 100 maps needs to be changed for a good stage 1 / stage 2 tune. their names are things like MDRLMX, BGRLMXS, BGRLXVD. aka **** most people have 0 clue about and would be retarded to get into instead of trusting a professional to do it)
that it?

> In a sense
> You have to be able to log and have a dyno
> And ideally you have a funktionsrahmen

> It’s an entire profession, the calibrators here make in between 80-110K and have years of experience
> I did it for years before learning how to write code
> We have a way of measuring all of that, we add physical sensors to the engine. Pre & post cat, measure turbine speeds, etc
> If you don’t have that stuff you’re kind of guessing. Unless it’s a stock engine setup in which case the ECU has all of this modeled already

you need the stock ECU CAL SW sector, WinOLS, the A2L file (or a mappack, if you don't know what this is let me know)

i would recommend absolutely NOBODY get into tuning their own cars. in case it hasn't been clear by my time hear on the forums, i've solely focused on helping tuners *flash* their tune files to the cars (get around checksums, signatures, etc.) because there is a great market for it. DimSport sells the MyGenius handheld flashers that some companies use (google dimsport mygenius). Renntech also uses a whitelabel solution with their $3,500 flasher (which is insane, a BMW M5 tune is $1,800 for comparison). none of these companies come up with their own flashing solutions (called protocols). not only that, a lot of these companies can not flash the CPC, and they can not flash the TCU. that's where i come in. every module is different.

as far as developing ECU files? not easy. TCU easier because you are only changing a few things. CPC even easier because you are changing maybe 5-10 things tops.

keep in mind, most tuners leave all DTCs on and enabled. meaning, if something goes wrong, you won't throw a rod. you'll limp mode home, if that makes any sense.

i found out today TCUs have limpmodes too based on temp, rpm, and gear ratio/slip

Last edited by MuffinFlavored; 08-24-2020 at 08:52 PM.