Bonita Springs Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Bonita Springs Mercedes

So boys and girls....for those of you in SWFL, a big shout out to Mercedes in Bonita Springs.

I had a warranty issue on the exhaust, but as rmy E63S is slightly modified i was worried about going to the dealership for a fix.

Highly recommend Geoff as he is all about customer service.

e
Old 04-10-2019, 05:49 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
W213 AMG 2019 E63S Wagon
Great. Mind sharing exhaust problem?

It seems some have had issues withe the flaps on the performance exhaust sticking or wearing out. Just curious as I seem to push that button all the time... to open when in comfort, to re-open if I then got to sport but it is auto set to closed. Sometimes I open before I crank - the sound... Anyway, concerned I am going to wear these out. If that happens and they stick open I guess it would be OK...
Old 04-10-2019, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
The issue appears to be exactly as you say. The exhaust has three valves...one in the crossover and one on each side at the back of the car. I believe I have two issues in that (1) the driver side valve is sticking and the actuator can not properly open and close it and (2) the passenger side actuator has taken a dump.

The issue started before I left Weistec in Cali but I could not wait and had to get out to Florida. No issues and it was actually a benefit as the computer sensed the valves were in the closed position and as such, it would not built boost as it thought there was a flow issue.

The actuators are coming from Germany and I suspect the exhaust valves will have to be swapped out.

Ultimately this is a known issues on our cars and Mer is covering.