W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what is everybody’s preferred driving mode in city/highway?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 05:20 PM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Originally Posted by TugboatBill
Sorry to pull this OT -
Dunga, Does your C7 have the mag ride? Interested in how a C7 Mag ride compares to the E63 for ride.
Hi Bill. I do have mag ride. I have a ‘14 Stingray Z51 with mag ride.

Ride is dependent on the mode. Keep in mind in the Following I am discussing the suspension setting in the Mercedes, and the overall settings in the Corvette since you can’t decouple suspension from engine in the latter. Comfort suspension in the Mercedes is similar to Sport in the Corvette. Sport and Sport + are akin to track mode in the Vette which I do not drive in on our awful roads. I think the Vette is more compliant in touring and eco modes but I rarely drive in those unless I’m on the freeway. Keep in mind this is immensely subjective which is why you owe it to yourself to test drive one before you commit that much money. I may simply have the “perception” of roughness in the Mercedes because it’s a luxury car, vs my butt expects to be rattled in a sports car. I just don’t want you to get a bad impression. I love both vehicles for what they are and plan on keeping them as long as I can.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 361 Likes on 235 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon, 2017 Z51 Corvette
Dunga,
Thanks. That helps understanding just where the E63 fits in comparison to the C7. Roads here are bad too. Sometimes you can't tell where the original road surface was for all the patches (done badly too).
Old 05-06-2019, 09:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
Comfort suspension, sports + transmission, exhaust powerful, esp on. This is my individual setting which I am in 80% of the time
Old 05-20-2019, 05:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 Mercedes E63s
Originally Posted by E634Me
In Comfort mode the engine will switch between 8 and 4 cylinders depending upon load, but under the right conditions it will go one step further and put the drive train in a coasting mode whereby it is either in neutral or the clutches have been disengaged, I don't know which - but I suspect the clutch route.

Depending upon your instrument configuration the words Gliding Mode will appear or you'll see a little sailboat down in the lower right side of the display where the start/stop icon and 4/8 cyl icons are located.
Interesting... I'll have to keep an eye out for that today. Noticed the 4 cyl icon, but never saw the Sail Icon (yet, only driven for a few days).
Old 05-21-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
M8 convert + model Y
Originally Posted by E634Me
In Comfort mode the engine will switch between 8 and 4 cylinders depending upon load, but under the right conditions it will go one step further and put the drive train in a coasting mode whereby it is either in neutral or the clutches have been disengaged, I don't know which - but I suspect the clutch route.

Depending upon your instrument configuration the words Gliding Mode will appear or you'll see a little sailboat down in the lower right side of the display where the start/stop icon and 4/8 cyl icons are located.
It does but coasting always use v8 - don't understand why....
Old 05-21-2019, 12:37 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
it seems a north america thing. i never saw that and does not show up in the manual :/
Old 05-21-2019, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Interesting, I'll have to watch more carefully and see which cylinder mode is displayed when coasting mode is active.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:09 PM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
AMG E63s
Originally Posted by Lucabratsi
Hello,
I have been driving my 2019 since November 2018. Comfort during breakin. Afterwards, you are spot on with an Individual configuration. My E63 is my daily driver, the best balance is Individual with Comfort suspension, sport performance engine and trans shift points ~2000 rpm. Exhaust flaps open for sure. Press that “A” button to shut that auto-start Sh!@#t off. I do however shut the ESP off by holding in the button for a few seconds to shut it off.....well, almost off. It never really shuts off, however when you shut ESP off, it allows for much more unrestricted power to all 4 wheels. You get some slip and slide 4 wheel action in turns so be carefull. If you leave the “sport ESP” engaged, you still get quite a bit of nanny braking/power reduction when accelerating hard. Try these settings, and enjoy. Let us know what you think.
Cheers,
That is is exactly what I do —“Individual” set with suspension on comfort, transmission/engine in Sport, exhaust set to Powerful. That said I regularly use Sport plus with esp set to sport or completely off depending on conditions.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:51 PM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by tonecas
it seems a north america thing. i never saw that and does not show up in the manual :/

Coasting mode is present also in my european 2018 E63S