Sponsored by:

E63s MY2020 ordering tips/pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
no MBs at the moment :(
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Most sales people and GM's are completely clueless about ED. Most don't want to be involved. This is why Herbert Haemmer did so well handling a loti of customers European Deliveries...
Herbert is great, but he seems to have a “take it or leave” philosophy regarding pricing and does not give anything beyond the ED discount. Has your experience been different?
Old 07-07-2019, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by CliffJumper
Herbert is great, but he seems to have a “take it or leave” philosophy regarding pricing and does not give anything beyond the ED discount. Has your experience been different?

My guess is that his situation changed when he switched dealerships from Escondido to El Cajon about a year ago.

In May/June of 2018 when I was preparing to do Euro Delivery on my ‘19 S63 I had contacted him based on all the positive feedback people had given him. Since many people negotiated some amount beyond the 5% AMG discount I attempted to discuss this with him. He essentially told me to go pound salt since he would not give me any discount above the 5% Euro Delivery discount. He told me in an e-mail that the S63 is so exclusive that he does not give any discounts on the S63. He implied that most people will pay MSRP on the S63. So I found him to be very cocky based on his e-mail to me. I am sure (based on everyone’s feedback here) he is a very nice man in person but I was shocked that he told me to essentially go buy the car somewhere else.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
I dealt with him several years ago for a S550 but didn’t pull the trigger due to the time we would be without an extra car. We ended up at 12% or so. Interestingly, when discussing this with our local dealer, they immediately matched the discount.

At at that time (2015) he was very helpful, courteous and had good follow-up.
Too bad that seems to have changed.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 555 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
He had moved to El Cahon Mercedes from Escondido after they were purchased. I heard that he may have since retired. I know he had been talking about but I haven’t confirmed that this is true.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VW Golf
Originally Posted by Dunga
I don’t think you should pay sticker on this car. It’s 3rd year in production now. Most of us have been able to get good discounts, even on a custom build. I think you’ll find 3-6% or even higher off MSRP. Contact the forum dealer, Rahul from Euro Germantown and see if they can workout a deal. If not, start emailing dealers and see who’s got the allocation. Good luck.
Should never pay for MSRP. Rahul at Euro Germantown is the way to go. Great guy and great dealer. Just ordered a 2020 E63s wagon from them. You can mention mbworld forum or my name Dean Chen, I’m sure they will treat you nicely and give you as much discount as they can.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Received 158 Likes on 105 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
I ordered though Herbert. I can't recommend enough just buying through your local person. HH might be a nice old guy and has done FD hundreds of times, but that still didn't prevent him from making a mountain of mistakes in my process.
1.) He ordered wrong color for my car
2.) Shipped car to his location in California rather than to me in NYC area
3.) Didn't have ANY paperwork ready for the dealer at which the physical delivery was made. That alone cost me an extra 2 weeks.
4.) Lastly, do dealer wants to take delivery of a car for you that they didn't sell to you... so good luck with being treated like a real customer of a $140k car

Again, HH is a nice old guy, but as soon as anything runs afoul, he gets pissed and will through anyone else under the bus to avoid taking responsibility.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:22 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 E63S Wagon
Just got back from my ED on a E63S wagon. We (my wife and 14 year old son) flew into Paris and then caught the high speed train to Stuttgart.

I HIGHLY recommend ordering this way if you can put up with the 4-5 week wait of getting your car to the states. The experience is truly a life long memory that everyone should take the advantage of. Here are my recommendations:

1. Find a dealership that has someone very familiar with the ED process and work with that sales person exclusively. Trust me, you want someone who knows what they are doing.
2. Negotiate an additional discount off the ED programmatic discount of 5% on AMG or 7% on non AMG. You will also not pay the $995 destination fee.
3. Go onto Mercedes ED site and find the registration link. There they have $2K travel packages which list several different locations and hotels. We did the 5 night Slovenia package for $2K and loved it (dropped the car off in Stuttgart on the way back). I actually recommend all of those hotels they have listed. In hindsight, I found that you can book those hotels directly online (instead of paying Mercedes $2K) and probably save $. You can also customize the trip more....however, we did get some free room upgrades because the hotels were booked by Mercedes.
4. Do the AMG factory tour. Amazing. You have to email them to set up a private tour.
5. Favorite cities we wished we spent more time in were Munich (Hotel Bayerischer Hof), Lake Bled (Hotel Toplice or Rikli), and Ljubljana (Hotel Cubo). Would probably skip Paris next time we go....it was okay but nowhere as nice as the other places. Especially Lake Bled, it was amazing and we could easily have spent a week there. Oh, definitely pay extra for the lake view suite if you stay at the Rikli in Lake Bled.

Will definitely do ED again next time we purchase a Merc
The following users liked this post:
6G Schnell (07-09-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 03:32 PM

2019 E63S Wagon
Couple pics of our ED

The following 3 users liked this post by Foggy916:
24Hours (07-09-2019), ChiefRabbids (07-10-2019), HappE63s (07-13-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 04:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by Foggy916
Just got back from my ED on a E63S wagon. We (my wife and 14 year old son) flew into Paris and then caught the high speed train to Stuttgart.

I HIGHLY recommend ordering this way if you can put up with the 4-5 week wait of getting your car to the states. The experience is truly a life long memory that everyone should take the advantage of. Here are my recommendations:

1. Find a dealership that has someone very familiar with the ED process and work with that sales person exclusively. Trust me, you want someone who knows what they are doing.
2. Negotiate an additional discount off the ED programmatic discount of 5% on AMG or 7% on non AMG. You will also not pay the $995 destination fee.
3. Go onto Mercedes ED site and find the registration link. There they have $2K travel packages which list several different locations and hotels. We did the 5 night Slovenia package for $2K and loved it (dropped the car off in Stuttgart on the way back). I actually recommend all of those hotels they have listed. In hindsight, I found that you can book those hotels directly online (instead of paying Mercedes $2K) and probably save $. You can also customize the trip more....however, we did get some free room upgrades because the hotels were booked by Mercedes.
4. Do the AMG factory tour. Amazing. You have to email them to set up a private tour.
5. Favorite cities we wished we spent more time in were Munich (Hotel Bayerischer Hof), Lake Bled (Hotel Toplice or Rikli), and Ljubljana (Hotel Cubo). Would probably skip Paris next time we go....it was okay but nowhere as nice as the other places. Especially Lake Bled, it was amazing and we could easily have spent a week there. Oh, definitely pay extra for the lake view suite if you stay at the Rikli in Lake Bled.

Mann.. I would totally do ED, BUUTTT... I am currently waiting for my US citizenship to go through and they keep postponing it until Sept of 2020 (not gonna have a passport until then) I can't believe that it is going to take almost 2 years for my neutralization process. Thanks TRUMP....
MuffinFlavored (07-08-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 06:24 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 E63, 2011 E350, 1997 F50
Dont pay MSRP on it, almost all of us here got 6%. My cars sticker price is around yours and I got 6%.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by Michael Khan
Dont pay MSRP on it, almost all of us here got 6%. My cars sticker price is around yours and I got 6%.
Yeah I was able to find a local dealer that is willing to give me 6% off MSRP. All is well I guess, just waiting to get a build slot!
Thanks for the insight all!!! I appreciate the help!
The following 2 users liked this post by ChiefRabbids:
b0rderman (07-10-2019), Michael Khan (07-11-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Foggy916

Did they drill your front bumper?
Old 07-10-2019, 08:52 PM

2019 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by Smoltz
Did they drill your front bumper?
I forgot to look. Guess I'll find out when it gets here.
Smoltz (07-10-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 555 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Do you mean for the Euro license plate? No.