MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   How upside down are you? (Lease) (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/750142-how-upside-down-you-lease.html)

MuffinFlavored 07-11-2019 11:21 AM

How upside down are you? (Lease)

My car has a low sticker price of like... $114k I believe?

CreditKarma shows that the entire lease balance was $70k and I currently have $40k left. My payment is $1,688/mo before tax.

The lease is 17 months in to its 42 month term.

My payoff quote from Mercedes for this month is $97,626 and Kelley Blue Book says the car is worth $72k for a whopping negative equity of: $25.6k :)

A $70k loan amount of a $114k sticker car gives me a 42 month residual of $44k, or is my math wrong? (I didn't lease this car that long, I swapped somebody's lease)

Carac 07-11-2019 01:27 PM

...KBB must list the price of a salvage title.

Mandarin 07-11-2019 01:37 PM

I assume depreciation is over 50% for 3 years and 37k miles. Should be correct.

MuffinFlavored 07-11-2019 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7800549)
...KBB must list the price of a salvage title.

nope. there is a lemon law buyback vehicle by me locally. $140k car going for $80k, 5k miles

Carac 07-11-2019 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7800603)
nope. there is a lemon law buyback vehicle by me locally. $140k car going for $80k, 5k miles

Yeah, I'm still convinced most of their pricing completely ignores actual market values and relies completely on some faulty algorithm.

amgcb 07-11-2019 07:27 PM

I tried looking at this the other day, KBB doesn't have data for the 19 W213s yet.

MuffinFlavored 07-11-2019 08:04 PM

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=243148877

lol who wants to buy meth, drilled turbos, + no warranty for $87k?

ecampbell 07-11-2019 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7800939)

I will sell you mine for 87...I have 815 at the wheels...not crank hp ;)

Mandarin 07-12-2019 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7800939)

+ 1 accident on record. What's a good deal!

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mandarin (Post 7801416)
+ 1 accident on record. What's a good deal!

My old car. Accident was under 4mph at a 4 way stop. Warranty still intact. Good deal? Who knows...but thems the facts.

MuffinFlavored 07-12-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ralcbah (Post 7801477)
My old car. Accident was under 4mph at a 4 way stop. Warranty still intact. Good deal? Who knows...but thems the facts.

your warranty is 100% not in tact with meth, turbos, and a tune on the car

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7801478)

Ok bud. You have no idea what you're talking about....

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7801478)

And yes I know you lost your warranty, but your experience and mine are not required to be the same.

Def will take a special buyer for this car no doubt.

MuffinFlavored 07-12-2019 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ralcbah (Post 7801486)
And yes I know you lost your warranty, but your experience and mine are not required to be the same.

Def will take a special buyer for this car no doubt.

i agree you might have a cool service advisor/connection, but to tell the buyer they can get a powertrain related claim warrantied on your car with those mods does not seem realistic

i would love to learn though, no sarcasm

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7801496)
i agree you might have a cool service advisor/connection, but to tell the buyer they can get a powertrain related claim warrantied on your car with those mods does not seem realistic

i would love to learn though, no sarcasm

I'm not sure how to answer this. I'm not the seller, and have no dog in the fight. I traded my car at bmw dealer, they then auctioned it. Full transparency has been provided all along. Warranty is intact...what that means exactly if worst case situation occurs, will depend on some variables.

MuffinFlavored 07-12-2019 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ralcbah (Post 7801500)
I'm not sure how to answer this. I'm not the seller, and have no dog in the fight. I traded my car at bmw dealer, they then auctioned it. Full transparency has been provided all along. Warranty is intact...what that means exactly if worst case situation occurs, will depend on some variables.

“depend on some variables”

it would depend on the service advisor, the tech, and the shop foreman turning a blind eye, then mercedes north america saying “please send us an upload of the diagnostics from the vehicle”, and they’d deny that claim faster than your 0-60

so, yes

your warranty is intact

but your flash counter for the tune and all of the surrounding metrics for “how much boost has the car been running on what kind of fuel at what octane” will 100% get any claim denied, and then voided

which, to me, means the car technically has no warranty

curious

why’d you give the car up?

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7801503)
“depend on some variables”

it would depend on the service advisor, the tech, and the shop foreman turning a blind eye, then mercedes north america saying “please send us an upload of the diagnostics from the vehicle”, and they’d deny that claim faster than your 0-60

so, yes

your warranty is intact

but your flash counter for the tune and all of the surrounding metrics for “how much boost has the car been running on what kind of fuel at what octane” will 100% get any claim denied, and then voided

which, to me, means the car technically has no warranty

curious

why’d you give the car up?

Got a good deal on m5. Was time for a change. Porsche didn't want to give me anything for the e63...so did the m5 deal.

MuffinFlavored 07-12-2019 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ralcbah (Post 7801506)
Got a good deal on m5. Was time for a change. Porsche didn't want to give me anything for the e63...so did the m5 deal.

nice. if i wasn’t upside down, i’d probably make the switch too.

what’d they give you for your e63? what do you think a dealer would give for a regular e63 that didn’t have $20k in mods done to it?

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7801510)
nice. if i wasn’t upside down, i’d probably make the switch too.

what’d they give you for your e63? what do you think a dealer would give for a regular e63 that didn’t have $20k in mods done to it?

For a stockish car, if you can get them to give you something starting with an 8, you did well.

MuffinFlavored 07-12-2019 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ralcbah (Post 7801514)
For a stockish car, if you can get them to give you something starting with an 8, you did well.

which would mean the average lease is $17k-$20k upside down, by design

how do you like the m5 compared to the amg?

props + respect for being one of the few to push the amg as far as you did

do you plan to go hard with the ///m tuning wise?

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7801516)
which would mean the average lease is $17k-$20k upside down, by design

how do you like the m5 compared to the amg?

props + respect for being one of the few to push the amg as far as you did

do you plan to go hard with the ///m tuning wise?

Both great cars....amg def better looking inside and out. M5 feels like an s-class compared to my slammed amg on 21s. M5 is the faster car, as we all know, but not by a ton.

...nope, def not. This build will be sane.

MuffinFlavored 07-12-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ralcbah (Post 7801521)
Both great cars....amg def better looking inside and out. M5 feels like an s-class compared to my slammed amg on 21s. M5 is the faster car, as we all know, but not by a ton.

...nope, def not. This build will be sane.

is there like something... wrong with the amg platform? why aren’t people working on TCU upgrades to raise the torque limiters so that massive power upgrades like meth and turbos make the car faster? were you dissatisfied with the pure turbos upgrade?

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7801523)
is there like something... wrong with the amg platform? why aren’t people working on TCU upgrades to raise the torque limiters so that massive power upgrades like meth and turbos make the car faster? were you dissatisfied with the pure turbos upgrade?

Seems like those types of things are now in the works...car has some weak spots though... transmission for one. Once that catches up, tuners will likely unleash more power. We kept my car restricted to certain power levels. P900 was great...car was noticeably faster with....and not a super expensive mod. Would I do it again? Yeah, but I'd wait until tuning is further along, and transmission strengthening measure are tested and proven.

MuffinFlavored 07-12-2019 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ralcbah (Post 7801529)
Seems like those types of things are now in the works...car has some weak spots though... transmission for one. Once that catches up, tuners will likely unleash more power. We kept my car restricted to certain power levels. P900 was great...car was noticeably faster with....and not a super expensive mod. Would I do it again? Yeah, but I'd wait until tuning is further along, and transmission strengthening measure are tested and proven.

yeah, by all means, you were like a pioneer in my eyes

easily one of only a handful of people in the country to push it like you did, much respect

for $3,500, i think pure turbos make a ton of sense. just worried about reliability to go with them

did you see the damos thread with the guy claiming wild new 100-200kph times due to new tune? i wonder if that is true/will become anything

this platform came out in 2017 but still feels in its infancy tuning wise

if 2021 refreshes, maybe everybody will move on and max potential will not be met

Ralcbah 07-12-2019 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 7801531)
yeah, by all means, you were like a pioneer in my eyes

easily one of only a handful of people in the country to push it like you did, much respect

for $3,500, i think pure turbos make a ton of sense. just worried about reliability to go with them

did you see the damos thread with the guy claiming wild new 100-200kph times due to new tune? i wonder if that is true/will become anything

this platform came out in 2017 but still feels in its infancy tuning wise

if 2021 refreshes, maybe everybody will move on and max potential will not be met

Right on. I did see those posts....will be interesting to see if those numbers ever make it into the non-tuner car arena...I don't know just yet. Would be fun!