Sponsored by:

My European Delivery E63 AMG WAGON

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 03:28 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2020 E63S Wagon, 2021 GLE450
Originally Posted by superswiss
That sucks. I was afraid of this possibility. MB pushes forward with the delivery and gives a loaner for up to 2 weeks if the car isn't ready. Looks like yours got delayed in the production somewhere. They need about a month after the car is built to handle the registration and insurance, so looks like yours finished production too late. Mine had finished production on 2/18 for a 5/6 delivery. I did give them about 6 months lead time. I had ordered at the beginning of November '18, but looks like you gave'em about 5 months, too.

I thought I was giving them enough time, but since the day I ordered it, the dealer was telling me AMG was difficult and took longer than normal. That said, they are lending me another E63, a sedan, and i am still getting the whole Center of Excellence experience. We’ll see how it all goes. I am very excited to get this car already. It’s been a long time since I ordered it and everytime I see one around town, my mind starts to wander.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
We went Sindelfingen to Baden Baden for dinner, then on to Colmar France for a couple of days. Then to Konstanz Germany as our base for a few days. Hit Zurich and other spots from there. Didn't do Geneva or Lausanne as I travel there for work regularly and sometimes bring my wife so wanted to go some place she or the kids hadn't seen yet.

Next we went to Füssen Austria for a couple of days. Hit the Neuschwanstein castle (inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle), dinner in Munich, and various other points around.

Then on to Salzburg, Austria for a couple of days. Finally to Munich for a day or two, then back to Stuttgart for the last night.

Car was very comfortable and my wife and kids didn't mind driving for hours at a time to go visit this place or that and then jump back in the car for another couple hours.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:29 PM

Received 158 Likes on 105 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
Originally Posted by E634Me
Still did get one ticket for 32 or 33 km in a 30 km zone which was a whopping 18 Euros.

Definitely watch your speed in Switzerland; there are speed cameras everywhere and they are insanely strict. We visited my sister and her husband in Zurich and he had many tales of large fines.

Enjoy your trip. It is a fantastic way to break-in that car.
The following users liked this post:
JODE63 (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 06:59 PM

We went Sindelfingen to Baden Baden for dinner, then on to Colmar France for a couple of days. Then to Konstanz Germany as our base for a few days. Hit Zurich and other spots from there. Didn't do Geneva or Lausanne as I travel there for work regularly and sometimes bring my wife so wanted to go some place she or the kids hadn't seen yet.

Next we went to Füssen Austria for a couple of days. Hit the Neuschwanstein castle (inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle), dinner in Munich, and various other points around.

Then on to Salzburg, Austria for a couple of days. Finally to Munich for a day or two, then back to Stuttgart for the last night.

Car was very comfortable and my wife and kids didn't mind driving for hours at a time to go visit this place or that and then jump back in the car for another couple hours.

Wow, the first part is similar to ours. First spending the night in Baiersbronn to have an amazing meal. then We are using Baden-Baden as a base for a few days to go around the Black Forest and wanted to do Colmar and Strasbourg the same day. Do you think that would be too much? Is a day in Colmar too much/little? Heard it’s a wonderful town.

From there we are spending a night in Lindau to see Lake Konstanz, then headed to Zurich as a base to go to Grindelwald and Interlaken. We won’t go to Lausanne or Geneva either. We have friends there and seem to go every year whenever we are within 3 hours distance on a train.

We did Fussen, Salzburg, Vienna and Munich about 10 years ago when we did BMW ED.

Would love to to hear your comments about Colmar and any other suggestions.
JODE63 (09-30-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
We enjoyed Colmar quite a bit. A nice old town with a lot of history. I do think it would be a bit much to try to get a full experience of each city in a single day.

Apparently we timed our visit just right as they said it can get very busy with visitors a little later into November and as the Christmas decoration season gets fully under way. That observation was generally true as well for the rest of the visit. Good that we had easy hotel availability and crowds were low, but unfortunate for my wife and kids as I'm sure they would have loved to see the grand decorating in Europe generally for the Christmas season. We didn't have a set itinerary and just used Booking.com and another app to find rooms. If we liked a place we'd hang out a bit longer, if we'd seen enough we would adjust plans and head for the next town. Never had a problem getting a room.
JODE63 (10-02-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 01:43 PM

We enjoyed Colmar quite a bit. A nice old town with a lot of history. I do think it would be a bit much to try to get a full experience of each city in a single day.

Apparently we timed our visit just right as they said it can get very busy with visitors a little later into November and as the Christmas decoration season gets fully under way. That observation was generally true as well for the rest of the visit. Good that we had easy hotel availability and crowds were low, but unfortunate for my wife and kids as I'm sure they would have loved to see the grand decorating in Europe generally for the Christmas season. We didn't have a set itinerary and just used Booking.com and another app to find rooms. If we liked a place we'd hang out a bit longer, if we'd seen enough we would adjust plans and head for the next town. Never had a problem getting a room.
Sounds like a great vacation. My wife wants to visit when all the decorations are up for Christmas. I timed this trip with a visit to Cologne next week that I had to do for a trade show.

I think we will send send a day in Colmar and skip Strasbourg this trip.

I appreciate your comments!