W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present

'18 E63S wagon problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
'18 E63S wagon problems

Hello. I have a 2018 E63S wagon. Two weeks ago, the yellow engine light came on and I took it to the dealer. They said the car gave a low fuel pressure code and that the fuel filter was bad and they replaced it. They also checked the fuel pressure at the fuel rail and it was OK. They also noticed that the inner front tired were worn down to the steel belts, but the outsides were fine. Had two front tires replaced and an alignment.

Yesterday, the same light came on again. The car had a deep groan, lack of power, bad vibration under slight acceleration, but shuddered when at a stop light. Parked it and had it towed to the dealer again. When RA arrived, I noticed a sizable oil spot under the front of the car. When he lifted the car, more oil came out. IDEAS?

This is a CPO'd car under warranty, but I have having serious doubts about MB AMG.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2019, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
I had the CEL light on last month and they found software issue and simply updated with the latest. I drove with the CEL light on for nearly 2 weeks while waiting for an open time appointment, the SA assured me as long the CEL light is not blinking, then it is fine to drive. During the 2 weeks time, my car operated smoothly without loss of power and /or with any other mentioned issues like yours.

If yours have an oil leak, it is definitely something a bit more serious.

Hope you get your problem resolved ASAP.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:20 PM

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Originally Posted by 16paws
Hello. I have a 2018 E63S wagon. Two weeks ago, the yellow engine light came on and I took it to the dealer. They said the car gave a low fuel pressure code and that the fuel filter was bad and they replaced it. They also checked the fuel pressure at the fuel rail and it was OK. They also noticed that the inner front tired were worn down to the steel belts, but the outsides were fine. Had two front tires replaced and an alignment.

Yesterday, the same light came on again. The car had a deep groan, lack of power, bad vibration under slight acceleration, but shuddered when at a stop light. Parked it and had it towed to the dealer again. When RA arrived, I noticed a sizable oil spot under the front of the car. When he lifted the car, more oil came out. IDEAS?

This is a CPO'd car under warranty, but I have having serious doubts about MB AMG.

Thanks
Hello 16paws,
Sorry to hear about the issues with your wagon. I'm wondering if the cooler at the bottom of the grill which is in a prone position and is exposed to road debris got punctured. I think that this particular cooler is for oil or transmission. I couldn't find a diagram of what cooler does what but that might be the issue. I'm taking my wagon in on Wednesday for the spoiler recall (might come off at certain speeds according to recall notice) and to have a shield installed for the lower radiator that's exposed to road debris (also a recall for certain cars). Please keep us informed as to what the diagnosis and repair is and don't give up on AMG just yet.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Follow up on 2018 E63S Wagon

Went to the dealer and found out several interesting facts:

A) The car was misfiring on all 8 cylinders, hence the shuddering upon acceleration and at stop lights. God only knows what damage was done to the engine. I will get the codes tomorrow.

B) The AMG mechanic said that these engines have been nothing but trouble.

C) The leaking fluid was radiator fluid. The mechanic told me that this car was sold as a CPO'd car that had been in a front end collision strong enough to move the radiator! This conclusion was backed by a separate dealer when they replaced the serpentine belt. Of course the dealer I bought it from did not disclose the accident. Furthermore, the car had a Renntech chip installed at one time. One dealer told me that MB cannot CPO cars with Renntech chips, while the dealer I bought it from, said they could...the truth?? So the dealer wants to charge me $4200 to replace the radiator...a radiator that was probably damaged from the initial impact.

D) The good dealer who presently has the car said that it should have never been CPO'd and contacted the regional service manager.

So where do I go now?
Old 11-13-2019, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 569 Likes on 392 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Steve Lehto (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMl...BJrxbUorWEnasg) is a Michigan lawyer specializing in lemon laws. One of his pet peeves is that CPO basically means that they certify you are buying a used car. Doesn't convey any special status for the car as dealer inspections are a joke.

Hope you are able to get out of the car OK.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:43 PM

Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 AMG E63 S Wagon

A) The car was misfiring on all 8 cylinders, hence the shuddering upon acceleration and at stop lights. God only knows what damage was done to the engine. I will get the codes tomorrow.

C) The leaking fluid was radiator fluid. The mechanic told me that this car was sold as a CPO'd car that had been in a front end collision strong enough to move the radiator! This conclusion was backed by a separate dealer when they replaced the serpentine belt. Of course the dealer I bought it from did not disclose the accident. Furthermore, the car had a Renntech chip installed at one time. One dealer told me that MB cannot CPO cars with Renntech chips, while the dealer I bought it from, said they could...the truth?? So the dealer wants to charge me $4200 to replace the radiator...a radiator that was probably damaged from the initial impact.

D) The good dealer who presently has the car said that it should have never been CPO'd and contacted the regional service manager.

So where do I go now?
This is really interesting - I had exactly same symptoms a few weeks ago. Those symptoms went away right after I restarted the car. My wagon is at the service this week and service rep told me CEL was for random engine misfires. While service technicians are still investigating CEL, I've been told ignition coils will be replaced and spark plugs checked.

And while investigating CEL technicians also discovered a slow coolant leak from the lower radiator - to be covered by warranty.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon

So where do I go now?
Just the fact the car was in a accident and was not disclosed and carfax report didn’t indicate it, either the selling ( CPO ) dealer and carfax has to buy it back. Contact MBusa for assistance.

Good luck.