W213 E63s Running/Service costs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 06:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E63
W213 E63s Running/Service costs

Hi all,

Obviously the E63 can be thirsty when pushed hard, but what are the average servicing/running costs for this car? What have been the costs to owners for parts? is the service plan for 4 services on a used 2017 worth it? - currently around £2.5k for 4 services.

Regards.

Last edited by Mdotlife; 12-13-2019 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:58 AM

E63
Bump
Old 12-13-2019, 04:00 AM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
Sorry, you are to rude that I will give you help.
Bumping after just some hours makes me not want to answer your question.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:17 AM

E63
Originally Posted by 78degrees
Thank you for the lesson in online forum etiquette.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:54 PM

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Originally Posted by Mdotlife
Hi all,

Obviously the E63 can be thirsty when pushed hard, but what are the average servicing/running costs for this car? What have been the costs to owners for parts? is the service plan for 4 services on a used 2017 worth it? - currently around £2.5k for 4 services.

Regards.
Hello Mdotlife,
I've had my wagon (delivered to my home) since 04/10/18 and so far this is the tally:
1. In for 1k miles checkup (free).
2. Rear diff oil replaced @ about 2k miles ($353.00).
3. First yearly service or 10k miles whichever comes first ($312.50).
I recently took the wagon in for a software update (rear diff. but never had an issue with it), rear spoiler check which, according to the recall notice may come loose at certain speeds. I checked this myself at it was tight but the dealership rechecked anyway and they installed a shield protector for a vulnerable cooler under the front end. So far, only issues was once where it didn't detect the key which locking and unlocking doors resolved and that hasn't happened since. Also, if I don't drive it for a few days which is common for me as I use my 4x4 truck for beach duty and when the weather is really inclement, I'll get the battery symbol with the message "please start engine. See owners Manual." Basically the car is saying "please drive me" and once I do the message is gone until I again let it sit too long. I didn't purchase the service plan but did purchase an extended warranty as I plan on keeping the wagon for quite some time. Service costs will probably go up yearly due to overhead, etc. so if it makes sense to you then get it. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:55 PM

E63
Originally Posted by stratman
Hello Mdotlife,
I've had my wagon (delivered to my home) since 04/10/18 and so far this is the tally:
1. In for 1k miles checkup (free).
2. Rear diff oil replaced @ about 2k miles ($353.00).
3. First yearly service or 10k miles whichever comes first ($312.50).
I recently took the wagon in for a software update (rear diff. but never had an issue with it), rear spoiler check which, according to the recall notice may come loose at certain speeds. I checked this myself at it was tight but the dealership rechecked anyway and they installed a shield protector for a vulnerable cooler under the front end. So far, only issues was once where it didn't detect the key which locking and unlocking doors resolved and that hasn't happened since. Also, if I don't drive it for a few days which is common for me as I use my 4x4 truck for beach duty and when the weather is really inclement, I'll get the battery symbol with the message "please start engine. See owners Manual." Basically the car is saying "please drive me" and once I do the message is gone until I again let it sit too long. I didn't purchase the service plan but did purchase an extended warranty as I plan on keeping the wagon for quite some time. Service costs will probably go up yearly due to overhead, etc. so if it makes sense to you then get it. Best of luck to you.
Thank you very much for your informative reply. That does answer most of my questions.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,911 Likes on 1,339 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by 78degrees
huh??? What's Your great contribution to this forum?

Last edited by PeterUbers; 12-17-2019 at 01:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mdotlife (12-17-2019)