Sponsored by:

Front tow hook license plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 02:52 AM

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E63s
Front tow hook license plate

I dont want to drill my front bumper to add a license plate. I bought a tow hook plate frame and installed it last night. The only way I could get it to work with my parking sensors is to angle the plate at a 45 degree angle. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to do this? I know there is another mount that attaches underneath the front bumper. I would rather use the tow hook. Thx
Old 01-23-2021, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 567 Likes on 391 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by WildWolf
I dont want to drill my front bumper to add a license plate. I bought a tow hook plate frame and installed it last night. The only way I could get it to work with my parking sensors is to angle the plate at a 45 degree angle. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to do this? I know there is another mount that attaches underneath the front bumper. I would rather use the tow hook. Thx
Yes, running a front plate I don't have front plates on my jeep or E63s and it's never been a problem in CA.

My car came with a front plate bracket that has a couple clips that hold it to the center of the front bumper. It does have two holes where screws can be drilled into the bumper for extra security, but I think you could use some double sided tape instead to provide sufficient additional security.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:21 PM

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E63s
Originally Posted by E634Me
Yes, running a front plate I don't have front plates on my jeep or E63s and it's never been a problem in CA.

My car came with a front plate bracket that has a couple clips that hold it to the center of the front bumper. It does have two holes where screws can be drilled into the bumper for extra security, but I think you could use some double sided tape instead to provide sufficient additional security.
Unfortunately when you go to car events in my area (New York), the cops wait to give tickets to cars that don't have a front plate.