Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

performance seats question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 12:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
performance seats question

do performance seats have the dynamic option?
Old 01-08-2022, 12:52 AM

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 E63s wagon (& lots of Subarus)
if by "dynamic" you mean the massaging features, then no, the AMG performance seats do not have a massaging option.
the seats are very thin compared to the standard seats, there is only room for the adjustable bolsters and heating/cooling, not massaging
Old 01-08-2022, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,900 Likes on 2,609 Posts
2019 C63CS
No, the performance seats don't dynamically inflate the side bolsters in a turn. The performance seats are effectively bucket seats. You can manually inflate the top and bottom side bolsters, so your legs and torso are held in place around hard corners. For the passenger seat only the top side bolsters can be inflated. They are much more aggressively bolstered and together with being able to inflate the side bolsters, you don't need them to dynamically inflate. As stated above, there's also no massage for your lumbar, although there is lumbar support.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-08-2022 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-08-2022, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Already been answered but it's definitely not needed with these seats.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Beautiful to look at, but......

Awful to sit on/ in....
Old 01-09-2022, 11:08 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
Awful to sit on/ in....
I I I usually hear these comments from people who have never lived with the sport seats, but maybe it's a your mileage may vary scenario too. I don't find the sport seats uncomfortable in the slightest, and I'm a bigger guy who still fits in them well. I just searched for a full year to find the right spec e63 which included sport seats.
The following 2 users liked this post by ShaneN.:
izzy63 (01-09-2022), Michelin Man (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,900 Likes on 2,609 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
I I I usually hear these comments from people who have never lived with the sport seats, but maybe it's a your mileage may vary scenario too. I don't find the sport seats uncomfortable in the slightest, and I'm a bigger guy who still fits in them well. I just searched for a full year to find the right spec e63 which included sport seats.
Pretty much, and nobody even asked. I found all those negative comments about comfort a bit discouraging when I was shopping for my car. I thought there was something uniquely wrong with them, but on the contrary. They are absolutely awesome. They are of course sport seats, so you inevitably get negative comments from folks that perhaps need to hit up the gym a bit more often to get in shape, and they may not be for somebody with injuries, however, I've heard from people with back injuries that they are much better for them because they keep their bodies in place w/o having to use the back muscles to stay upright. I find the performance seats more comfortable than many so-called comfort seats, also because they hold me in place and I don't have to strain my muscles to not fly out of the seat. I've spent up to 12 hours a day in them and no comfort issues. It comes down to how well they fit one's body shape.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-09-2022 at 11:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
izzy63 (01-09-2022), Michelin Man (01-09-2022)

Trending Topics

Old 01-09-2022, 06:07 PM

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 E63s wagon (& lots of Subarus)
agreed, the performance/sport seats are amazing and theyre beautiful too. i drove cross-country after getting my E63 and wasn't uncomfortable at all sitting for 30+ hours in the seats over a few days
Old 01-09-2022, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Awful to sit on/ in....
Could not disagree more. I absolutely love my performance seats although they took some time to grow on me. I was also badly injured when I first got the car which I'm sure was a contributing factor.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 179 Posts
Trek Bike
It’s personal preference.
One would need to try both in order to figure out which one is a better fit!
Old 01-10-2022, 02:17 AM

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts
Violet S213 E 63 S
Awful to sit on/ in....
My 85 year old grandmother who has had neck and shoulder issues fell asleep repeatedly while in the AMG Performance Seats as we drove for over an hour. She woke up as we continued to drive and remarked (without me mentioning anything) how much she liked the seats in the car and liked how they held her in place as if they were almost giving her a hug. I told her this car had multiple seat options some being more lazy and unathletic some like to say "comfortable" with massaging function and another option being more sporty that people like to whine and complain about being "terrible" and "uncomfortable". She replied so these are the "comfortable" massaging seats? I said not these are actually so called "uncomfortable" seats. She was surprised a restated her liking for them.

Last edited by Michelin Man; 08-22-2022 at 04:05 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Michelin Man:
Cylinder Head (01-10-2022), subiefiles (01-13-2022), superswiss (01-10-2022)
Old 02-19-2024, 12:41 AM

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts
CLS400 4Matic EC Tuned
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
In the same boat as you once were and also in the same city lol. I've been trying to find a unicorn spec 2018/2019 E63s here for like 10 months now. By unicorn spec, what I'm looking for is the performance seats, Burmester 3D high end sound system, carbon fibre interior, matte grey or diamond white exterior, and maybe carbon mirrors/spoiler. It's easy to find these here with the carbon interior + Burmester high end, but it's tough finding those two things + the performance seats. There was one for sale back in September which had literally every option except the intelligent drive package (no lid on the front star), it was diamond white on the outside, and even had CCB's. Had the full carbon package on the outside as well (diffuser, spoiler, side skirts, front lip, mirrors), but this one guy beat me to the dealer by 30 minutes lol. I know there's many high spec ones out here in the Lower Mainland but they're just for sale right now. I'm gonna continue waiting on the unicorn spec, and I did have a couple of chances at the Edition 1's but I'm pretty sure back when they were released in Canada, you couldn't option them with the 3D high end sound system which is why I've never seen one here with them.

Last edited by Idklol69; 02-19-2024 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Idklol69
In the same boat as you once were and also in the same city lol. I've been trying to find a unicorn spec 2018/2019 E63s here for like 10 months now. By unicorn spec, what I'm looking for is the performance seats, Burmester 3D high end sound system, carbon fibre interior, matte grey or diamond white exterior, and maybe carbon mirrors/spoiler. It's easy to find these here with the carbon interior + Burmester high end, but it's tough finding those two things + the performance seats. There was one for sale back in September which had literally every option except the intelligent drive package (no lid on the front star), it was diamond white on the outside, and even had CCB's. Had the full carbon package on the outside as well (diffuser, spoiler, side skirts, front lip, mirrors), but this one guy beat me to the dealer by 30 minutes lol. I know there's many high spec ones out here in the Lower Mainland but they're just for sale right now. I'm gonna continue waiting on the unicorn spec, and I did have a couple of chances at the Edition 1's but I'm pretty sure back when they were released in Canada, you couldn't option them with the 3D high end sound system which is why I've never seen one here with them.
You just described my car, which unfortunately is not diamond white (it's wrapped flat grey though). I found it extremely hard to find this spec and then one popped up ten miles from my house with 8k miles on it.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:50 PM

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts
CLS400 4Matic EC Tuned
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
You just described my car, which unfortunately is not diamond white (it's wrapped flat grey though). I found it extremely hard to find this spec and then one popped up ten miles from my house with 8k miles on it.
You have excellent taste. I could've been in an E63s over a year ago but I'm just super picky on the spec. I couldn't imagine buying one today and then like a month or two later the spec I wanted be available.