Sponsored by:

Is $15k Over Silly For A 2023 E63S Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 12:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e550 w212
Originally Posted by dnm814
Hey guys haven't been on here in a while. Salesman called me today that there was an allocation for a march build 2023 E63S Wagon. A previous sales manager had put in the request for me but he has left the company. Anyways I went in to build it today and I got a little surprise at the end where the dealer wanted me to agree to pay $15k over sticker. Now this MB dealer is owned by autonation, so they're very corporate and could care less about relationships

1. 2009 SLR Roadster for $349k
2. 2021 E63S Wagon $148k MSRP
3. 2021 G63 $182K sticker, I paid $257k because I just got tired of waiting for an allocation
4. 2022 GLS63 $147k sticker

meanwhile I traded in to them

1. 2013 Rolls Royce Ghost
2. 2016 S550
3. 2021 RS6 Avant
4. 2021 E63S Wagon
5. 2021 G63

Basically not only have they made a fortune off of me, but today they told me "we have to make money too". Good lord, I spent $1m in 2 years, traded in alot of nice cars, some I know they flipped like my e63 wagon they sold for $25k over what they paid me in 1 day when I saw it on the site. These dealers are such disgusting pigs today, but what can we do? I'm easily their best customer in one of the biggest cities in the country, and they still treat me like a second class citizen.

Anyways, i attached my paperwork below, I agreed to $15k over, it stings on principle, but I wanted to ask, I've seen numbers thrown around of 9 allocations on here, that can't be true? Also my salesman said he knew nothing about a final edition wagon, he said this is probably it. I know its not, right? They still haven't gotten me a final price but this is sounding like $175k + tax. That is crazy steep because I have a beautiful 2022 RS6 avant I got for sticker $137k. What would you do here? Take the car bc its the end of an era? Or just tell this dealer to kick rocks. O and I asked this dealer 2 months back about the new 4x4 they told me $150k over AND they just lost a good friend of mine who skipped on his maybach bc they wanted $75k over. In 6 months we will be mired in a deep recession and these dealers will be begging us to come pay sticker, just terrible how they're acting like they can't profit today by selling cars at sticker.

S
first, what a nice adventure with cars you had so far, great cars. The way I look at things is in this fashion. You mentioned you made money on the slr, say you made 50k on top of what you thought and now you have to spend 15k extra - 35k on top, yes it is ****ty business practice - at least that is how I see it. If the car is worth the money to you and you get good service and the dealer is close to you and convenient, it might be a good choice. I think it is not about the money on your end but a more of a principle as why do I have to pay more if that is the price? Call around and see if you can get better from someone else and you can come back to them with a solid number and see the outcome. Either way it will be fun.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by dnm814
Hey guys haven't been on here in a while. Salesman called me today that there was an allocation for a march build 2023 E63S Wagon. A previous sales manager had put in the request for me but he has left the company. Anyways I went in to build it today and I got a little surprise at the end where the dealer wanted me to agree to pay $15k over sticker. Now this MB dealer is owned by autonation, so they're very corporate and could care less about relationships

1. 2009 SLR Roadster for $349k
2. 2021 E63S Wagon $148k MSRP
3. 2021 G63 $182K sticker, I paid $257k because I just got tired of waiting for an allocation
4. 2022 GLS63 $147k sticker

meanwhile I traded in to them

1. 2013 Rolls Royce Ghost
2. 2016 S550
3. 2021 RS6 Avant
4. 2021 E63S Wagon
5. 2021 G63

Basically not only have they made a fortune off of me, but today they told me "we have to make money too". Good lord, I spent $1m in 2 years, traded in alot of nice cars, some I know they flipped like my e63 wagon they sold for $25k over what they paid me in 1 day when I saw it on the site. These dealers are such disgusting pigs today, but what can we do? I'm easily their best customer in one of the biggest cities in the country, and they still treat me like a second class citizen.

Anyways, i attached my paperwork below, I agreed to $15k over, it stings on principle, but I wanted to ask, I've seen numbers thrown around of 9 allocations on here, that can't be true? Also my salesman said he knew nothing about a final edition wagon, he said this is probably it. I know its not, right? They still haven't gotten me a final price but this is sounding like $175k + tax. That is crazy steep because I have a beautiful 2022 RS6 avant I got for sticker $137k. What would you do here? Take the car bc its the end of an era? Or just tell this dealer to kick rocks. O and I asked this dealer 2 months back about the new 4x4 they told me $150k over AND they just lost a good friend of mine who skipped on his maybach bc they wanted $75k over. In 6 months we will be mired in a deep recession and these dealers will be begging us to come pay sticker, just terrible how they're acting like they can't profit today by selling cars at sticker.,.......
With an RS6 in your stable, I would have the dealership kick rocks. The rs6 imo is a much much better looking car than the E63 wagon. For a wagon lover who also likes Audis, there is no competition between the two IMO.

I think much like the M5CS, the final edition E63s will hold value for a blip of a minute and tank like the rest of the line.
​​​​​​
The minor speed advantage of the e63 will be lost with a $5000 investment each on both cars anyway. And if you are thinking to buy it cos of the rarity, it could imply you are going to keep it outside of the warranty. Cos if you want to keep them stock and get rid of before warranty expires (like a lease) the E63 is still definitely not worth the $15k over sticker.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:35 PM

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 E63S Wagon
I believe that a dealer should be able to be able to try to sell a car at whatever price the market is willing to pay. In some cases this will be below MSRP, sometimes at MSRP, and for high demand, limited supply vehicles it could be above MSRP. This is basic Supply and Demand economics. We as consumers can pay the price they are asking, or not, our choice. Nobody complains when they sell for less than MSRP.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mocha15:
$Bill (11-18-2022), CincyMBGuy (10-31-2022), mercedesmax (10-31-2022)