Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rodent under the hood . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 03:09 PM

Received 224 Likes on 132 Posts
'20 GLS450, '17 S550 Sedan
I've had good success placing a couple refillable bait stations OUTSIDE my house/garage. The mice access the bait station to eat the bait, and I refill about every 3-4 months. The only mouse I've seen in the last 5 years, since I started with the bait stations, is a dead one.

And for those suggesting adding more animals (cats, snakes, etc.)... Remember the song: "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly?"

The song doesn't end well for the lady

Good luck! I hate mice...

Old 12-15-2023, 01:11 PM

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
2020 Maybach S650
I've been fighting this war for a while now. I've used every nonsense internet suggestion and none of them work. After using some logic and some cash, I found the solution.

Remove your plastic engine beauty cover (they hide under that and make nests). Remove the hood liner (they chew that up and use the material to make said nests). Leave your hood cracked (not open open, just where it sits when you pull the handle - the light and wind coming through are enough to make it miserable for them). Put a small radio nearby and leave it on the local AM talk channel. Lastly buy a couple of these;

https://goodnature.co/products/a24-r...e-trapping-kit

Once you've killed them all you can put your car back together, close the hood and use the radio and A24 traps for maintenance.

Smells, poison, glue traps are all totally worthless. All cats do is scare them IN to the car (then you'll have mice under your hood and paw prints ON the hood).