Sponsored by:

Dynamic drive switch doesn't click down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63
Dynamic drive switch doesn't click down

Looking at a 2019 E63s and during the test drive, i noticed the dynamic drive switch will only click up from comfort to individual. Same issue when I try to select it from the dash or through Command (through Command it only shows those 2 options). Wondering if anyone else has seen this and if this is a transmission related issue or if this is tuned and those options have been coded out. A Mercedes technician friend I spoke with on the phone said this could likely be the case but wanted to confirm from someone with the vehicle or this setup

thanks in advance!
Old 04-21-2024, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,568 Posts
2019 C63CS
Have not come across anyone deliberately tuning them out, but there have been a few cases of the AMG Drive Unit failing and the results were similar to this, that either the controls on the steering wheel went dark or certain modes became unavailable. So this is most likely a malfunction that needs to be diagnosed and may need a module replaced to fix it. Would not take delivery of this car until it was resolved.

In the newer models with MBUX 2.0, the available modes are user configurable. One can change the order of them and delete the modes they never use, but this feature is not available in the W213 even the FL.