W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two front tires crapped the bed...at the same time.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
2020 E53 AMG
Two front tires crapped the bed...at the same time.

My wife took off for a short errand and returned home after calling that the car was making noises. She's not one to get this wrong...comes home and this is the condition of them.

I wasn't under the impression these E53's ran a pile of camber or anything crazy...but this is too much for both to go like this at the same time. The last drive before this was a tame 150 km roundtrip with speeds under 120 km max, mostly around 100kph and under on nothing special in terms of roads.

I don't get it. 8,000 km on the set.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,850 Likes on 2,574 Posts
2019 C63CS
I don't know how aggressive the stock front camber on the 53 is compared to the 63, but on the 63 models this is normal. For reference, I get about 8k miles out of my front tires with my C63S coupe at best. It gets exacerbated if the front toe is out. Something that happens quite frequently. I pretty much have to get it aligned at least once a year. When was the last time you had an alignment done?
Old Today, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
That’s been normal for me even with proper alignments. Camber kit on my list but not my highest priority right now
Old Today, 02:53 AM
SPONSOR

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
REALITY E53 (or any model AMG) “PERFORMANCE MODELS” - BUT YES IS HARD TO BELIEVE….

THERE IS NO FRONT “CAMBER OR CASTER” AND NO REAR “CAMBER” OEM !

YET ESSENTIAL. TO ALLOW TO ADJUST TIRE CONTACT ANGLES - SPREAD LOAD MORE EVENLY

NOW THE ONUS IS “BACK ON OWNERS” - TO FUND COSTLY PREMATURE TIRE REPLACEMENT !

THE OFTEN QUOTED REASSURING “WILL CARRY OUT A FULL FRONT & REAR ‘4’ WHEEL ALIGNMENT - Is now only adjusting basic Toe (Directional adjustment).

NEW CAR INDUSTRY'S BEST KEPT SECRET. BROUGHT ABOUT THROUGH THE EVER INCREASING SPEED OF NEW CAR ASSEMBLY LINES. “STOPPING” - TO ADJUST SETTINGS IS NO LONGER AN OPTION.

NOW CAMBER (AND CASTER) IS ONE ONLY SETTING - TO SUIT SHOWROOM HEIGHT CONDITIONS. No adjustment to change tire contact angles to cater for high cambered roads with excess passenger side edge wear, Fitting wide profile tires, altered height, extra passenger loads or having “ongoing adjustment” for curb knock damage.

WHILE FOR PERFORMANCE / TRACK DAYS IT IS INCREDULOUS NOT BEING ABLE TO “DIAL IN EXTRA NEGATIVE CAMBER” - TO SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE UNDERSTEER. In the pursuit of hitting those corner apexes every time. Plus allowing to go “deeper into the corners” with increased traction and braking response. With the aim of “FRONT ROW OF THE GRID LAP TIMES”.

At K-MAC we have therefore designed “BOLT-ON” Front and Rear kits - where no special tools required to fit or time consuming need for control arm removal !

While the unique K-MAC patented design adjustment system - allows precise easily accessible “single” wrench adjustment. Ultimate - direct on alignment rack UNDER LOAD.

Front Forward facing thrust arm bushes K-MAC are also Mono ball / Self aligning - Replacing the large diameter soft rubber OEM bushes. Still allowing arms to travel through their required suspension arcs. YET SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVING BRAKE AND STEERING RESPONSE.

The above Front and Rear “adjuster kits” - are all part of a “TOTAL SYSTEM”

SEE SPOILER RE FRONT & REAR “K-MAC TOTAL SYSTEM”

Spoiler

AUDI to VOLVO - Experience Of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings (and costs) Since 1964 !

Last edited by K-Mac; Today at 03:37 AM.