W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present

What's next...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2024 | 11:21 AM

None
What's next...?

I bought a 2018 W213 E83 wagon back in 2020.
It had done ~38K miles at the time and was in great shape.
I've absolutely loved owning it. Still puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it (which isn't all that often as I live in NYC).
I've looked after it well - dealer services, new OEM pads and rotors etc. and had zero problems with it.
Driving as well as it ever did but I'm finally creeping up to the 50K mile mark and the extended warranty expires in April 2025.
So I am thinking time for a change but the issue is: I can't find anything better to buy...
I need a one car garage given NYC parking issues and need to be able to run the family around.
I love wagons.
Which leaves me with the following options as far as I can see (wishing the M3 touring was available here):

Panamera sport turismo
Newer E63 wagon
RS6 performance

I was excited by the M5 touring but don't like the look of the sedan.

Honestly I keep coming back to this answer...spare no expense looking after the current E63 (I prefer pre-facelift) and keep driving it!

Any thoughts?
The following users liked this post:
I.T. Guy (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024 | 11:58 AM
Veteran: Air Force

2021 AMG E63s Wagon
BMW Oldie but Goodie

Originally Posted by Captain Cosik
I bought a 2018 W213 E83 wagon back in 2020.
It had done ~38K miles at the time and was in great shape.
I've absolutely loved owning it. Still puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it (which isn't all that often as I live in NYC).
I've looked after it well - dealer services, new OEM pads and rotors etc. and had zero problems with it.
Driving as well as it ever did but I'm finally creeping up to the 50K mile mark and the extended warranty expires in April 2025.
So I am thinking time for a change but the issue is: I can't find anything better to buy...
I need a one car garage given NYC parking issues and need to be able to run the family around.
I love wagons.
Which leaves me with the following options as far as I can see (wishing the M3 touring was available here):

Panamera sport turismo
Newer E63 wagon
RS6 performance

I was excited by the M5 touring but don't like the look of the sedan.

Honestly I keep coming back to this answer...spare no expense looking after the current E63 (I prefer pre-facelift) and keep driving it!

Any thoughts?
Lease a 2025 M8 Gran Coupe. If 190mph is not that important to you on top Spec, lease a M850i Gran Coupe. Fold that back seat down for increased Cargo Space when needed.
Old 08-04-2024 | 12:49 PM

21 E63s wagon
Unfortunately if you’re limiting yourself just to wagons, there’s not a lot of options. How about the Volvo V60 Polestar? While it’s down on power and performance compared to your listed contenders, it does provide good looks, practicality and up to 40 miles of electric range, which i would love. Its also more cost effective, if that matters to you.

Agreed on the M3 touring. I would consider that car too if it was available. The Porsche is overpriced for what it is, in my opinion. I believe the boot also has about half (17 cubes) of space in it vs the E, so what’s the point of that? You could buy an RS6 or even an RS7 and get >25 cubes of space in either of those.

Last edited by ska597; 08-04-2024 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2024 | 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S Wagon, 2017 Z51 Corvette
Why not just keep the E63S? You know it has been well taken care of and contrary to what some may think, it won't turn into a pile of parts once the warranty expires. Yes, you may see a large bill on occasion but nothing like what it'll cost you for a new ride.
Old 08-04-2024 | 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Cancel the remaining warranty and get a refund.
Put that money towards larger turbos, fuel system, and some tunes.
Let us know how it works out (asking for a friend).

Seriuosly though - the "devel you know" seems like a safe bet in your case. Unless you really realy have an itch to scratch sounds like you have a keeper.

ALTHOUGH

Selling/trading an E63 still in warranty is a lot easier - maybe perhaps trade up to newer and wagon format? But then again, that whole "devil you know" thing...

I traded up from a 2016 when I felt it was "on the edge" of catastrophe. Probably all in my head, but it was approaching 200,000 kms and certain areas of the car were getting worn as pristine as I tried to keep it. I really didn't want to paint, get a new drivers seat etc. etc. and yes I already had changed out all the switches, insulation, some trim etc but I just new in my heart it was time to freshen the whole deal.