W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present

Best Exhaust Upgrade for W213 E63S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2024, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Exhaust Upgrade for W213 E63S?

Hey guys I am currently in the market for an exhaust upgrade for my W213 E63S. After looking online I think I'm going with the Valvetronic Designs full titanium exhaust system. Pricing is fair and the sound is pretty insane, one of the best sounding exhausts I could find with good video. Was curious if anyone here has any experience with Valvetronic Designs? Or if anyone has other recommendations for me to look into. Valvetronic has a youtube channel where they showcase their exhaust systems, they recently posted a video of the W213 E63S system which made me want to go with it, I'm going to link the video under this post. Would love some feedback from anyone with experience either with Valvetronic or other systems for me to look into!

Valvetronic Designs W213 E63S system:
Old 09-25-2024, 10:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,523 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
From the sticky in addition to what people will post in this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ml#post9015811
The following users liked this post:
NickTheStick (09-25-2024)
Old 09-26-2024, 03:36 PM

Received 120 Likes on 102 Posts
The horses are now in the barn, 2019 E63s
They make it seem so simple to do but don't mention resolving any "thrown codes" or "down pipes" or exhaust valve actuator that eliminates the factory system operation.

I'm betting there's catback systems out there for less money and headaches that sound just as good.

Happy hunting.
Old 09-26-2024, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 565 Likes on 373 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Valvetronic is just a rebranded Chinese Alibaba exhaust, don't do it. If you want better sound, get downpipes. A forum search will do you wonders.
The following users liked this post:
NickTheStick (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes Benz e63s amg
Originally Posted by Shawn_87
Hey guys I am currently in the market for an exhaust upgrade for my W213 E63S. After looking online I think I'm going with the Valvetronic Designs full titanium exhaust system. Pricing is fair and the sound is pretty insane, one of the best sounding exhausts I could find with good video. Was curious if anyone here has any experience with Valvetronic Designs? Or if anyone has other recommendations for me to look into. Valvetronic has a youtube channel where they showcase their exhaust systems, they recently posted a video of the W213 E63S system which made me want to go with it, I'm going to link the video under this post. Would love some feedback from anyone with experience either with Valvetronic or other systems for me to look into!

Valvetronic Designs W213 E63S system: https://youtu.be/uwATjQeTHlE?si=Ga9FT3ZHs-S_HwIZ
yea don’t make that mistake… that car has downpipes if you go to the comments red star literally comments and says so. Point being the Mercedes performance exhaust is the same as the valvetronic one just more muffling material and not as shiny. If you want sound on these cars worth the money go to a proper exhaust shop, pay at most 300 for muffler removal and 1200 for a set of downpipes and get a tuner to get rid of codes. That’s my advice to you being that I wanted to do the same and spent 275 at an exhaust shop and some red star downpipes and got more than what I wanted out of the stock exhaust system for a fraction of the price.
Old Today, 12:37 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
That's my car in their video, I was their test vehicle.

My car sounds as good asit does because of my Redstar catless downpipes, that mod completely changed the volume and aggressiveness of my car. The VD exhausts added maybe 5% more sound over stock, if anything, it deepened the sound and my stock PE was louder; higher pitched and raspier.

I currently am also having some issues with the fitment of the VD system, where my midpipes are hanging about 2 inches too low, resulting me scraping the H-pipe valve actuator shield over bumps and I swear my 3rd exhaust flap is having issues now (it's cycling open and close every 3-5min while driving or idle). Am in the process of bringing it back to their HQ to go on their lift, will keep you guys posted.

P.S. be aware aftermarket downpipes for this car can only be installed by either dropping the tranny or cutting the OEM DPs. I went and dropped the tranny and kept my OEMs, labor cost ~$2100

Last edited by tmoneyC450amg; Today at 12:43 AM.