C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

CLS 63 to get 4matic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I will post pictures soon. I am doing a few mods and was waiting to get them completed before posting on the forum.
If you need pics to make up your mind on the color, I am happy to send some or videos. Just PM me.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:48 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Originally Posted by CLSED550
FYI : 4matic vehicles are obviously heavier & the have different ratio's in transmission and differentials ...
All these things will produce a slower more sluggish car.
for all the power and sporty enthusiast. 4matic cars accelerate Noticeably slower.
Drive a regular and then same model 4matic you will feel the difference.
You think the 4 matic is going to give you better traction for let's say a drag race? Well it's not. Your current 63 will always be faster.
If you want to accelerate harder and get a jump , Just buy better tires!
For guys that just want to have a better winter vehicle...... Just get a SUV!

Guys don't get me wrong I am a fan of 4matic, it works very well. And even a 63 with 4matic will be plenty fast.... It just will not be the upper hand in a in acceleration when you take the weight and ratio's into the equation.
Guys if I am wrong correct me.

lol what are you talking about?

do you think amg is going to release a new cls with more power, AWD, thats going to be SLOWER than the current cls?

its 0-60 is probably going to be .6-.7 seconds faster and 1/4mile will be probably mid 11's. how does that equal slower acceleration?

and, the extra weight should be offset by the extra 27 hp.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ZR1 2011 JGC Overland 2013 ML63 on order
Originally Posted by CLSED550
FYI : 4matic vehicles are obviously heavier & the have different ratio's in transmission and differentials ...
All these things will produce a slower more sluggish car.
for all the power and sporty enthusiast. 4matic cars accelerate Noticeably slower.
Drive a regular and then same model 4matic you will feel the difference.
You think the 4 matic is going to give you better traction for let's say a drag race? Well it's not. Your current 63 will always be faster.
If you want to accelerate harder and get a jump , Just buy better tires!
For guys that just want to have a better winter vehicle...... Just get a SUV!

Guys don't get me wrong I am a fan of 4matic, it works very well. And even a 63 with 4matic will be plenty fast.... It just will not be the upper hand in a in acceleration when you take the weight and ratio's into the equation.
Guys if I am wrong correct me.
A CLS63 with 4Matic will lay waste to a regular CLS63 in a drag race. Off the line there will be no contest. If you believe otherwise then you are quite foolish and lack much experience on the subject.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Yes, definitely no contest off the line for the 4Matic version. It's similarly demonstrated by a recent video from the ?"Moscow 500" where a Juke-R clearly pulled off the line much faster than a Veyron despite having less but still impressive hp/tq.

The main question is the pull from high speed, ie 90mph+, between the 4Matic and RWD. I'm guessing the RWD will excel under those conditions due to the additional weight and drag of the 4Matic hardware. I would like to see a comparison but MB has increased the power for the S 4Matic and thus the comparison will likely not be valid.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Originally Posted by otakki
Yes, definitely no contest off the line for the 4Matic version. It's similarly demonstrated by a recent video from the ?"Moscow 500" where a Juke-R clearly pulled off the line much faster than a Veyron despite having less but still impressive hp/tq.

The main question is the pull from high speed, ie 90mph+, between the 4Matic and RWD. I'm guessing the RWD will excel under those conditions due to the additional weight and drag of the 4Matic hardware. I would like to see a comparison but MB has increased the power for the S 4Matic and thus the comparison will likely not be valid.
im actually not too concerned with how the 4matic cls will perform over a RWD cls. its other makers cars i want to beat ..lol

i was looking at the specs of the 2013 cls. it said the weight was 1870 kg. which is around 4120 lbs.

if i option the CC brakes i believe the net extra weight from AWD over the RWD cls will be only about 100 lbs. correct em if im wrong...?

that puts the cls 4matic with cc brakes at about 4220-4250 lbs.

this is i believe, still lighter than the m5, is it not?

i probably should know, since i have an m5, but..
Old 02-16-2018, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cla
yah the CLS will come with a 4matic option.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by hichamaziz
yah the CLS will come with a 4matic option.
it’s 2018 now. The cls63 has had AWD for 4 years now since the 2014+ cls63s came out