C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

top end falls off (before and after) dyno tune. looking for suggestions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by mainly

this is a crop from the same pic i posted.

you cant read those numbers? (you have to click on it)

i must have super vision, cause i can read them all.
Makes sense now, i can see it perfectly on a PC but on the iphone its a blurry mess. Usually i respond from mobile.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2014 CLS63 S
from those vids Boost looks fine, IAT's look fine, The timing is way off. Not sure where you're located but need some good fuel in it and run again. Only way to know for sure is get a gallon of race gas and mix with 93 (1/4-1/2 tank depending on race gas blend available), you can also see who sells Torco in your area. It works really well has mixing instructions on the bottle. Another option would be "octanium" which is an additive made by VP. They sell it at Autozone in the US. Its pretty much like the Torco I mentioned above. Try one of those options and report back the timing up top. There are many other factors that could kill timing but try the simplest first which would be fuel quality. Logging apps depending on your device are Torque, Dash Command, Blue Driver are a couple that export a .csv log file. you will need to order a OBD Dongle to connect. They are cheap can get on Amazon. PC option thats cheap is TOUCHSCAN. You will need a wireless dongle for that one as well. Let us know!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Originally Posted by TTMerc
from those vids Boost looks fine, IAT's look fine, The timing is way off. Not sure where you're located but need some good fuel in it and run again. Only way to know for sure is get a gallon of race gas and mix with 93 (1/4-1/2 tank depending on race gas blend available), you can also see who sells Torco in your area. It works really well has mixing instructions on the bottle. Another option would be "octanium" which is an additive made by VP. They sell it at Autozone in the US. Its pretty much like the Torco I mentioned above. Try one of those options and report back the timing up top. There are many other factors that could kill timing but try the simplest first which would be fuel quality. Logging apps depending on your device are Torque, Dash Command, Blue Driver are a couple that export a .csv log file. you will need to order a OBD Dongle to connect. They are cheap can get on Amazon. PC option thats cheap is TOUCHSCAN. You will need a wireless dongle for that one as well. Let us know!

ya im not messing with the gas.

thats not the problem. i use the same gas as all the tuners advertise and they dont claim race gas is needed for their gains.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:01 PM

does it look like the transmission is slipping in this pull?

i thought it was traction control cutting in at the time. but not sure.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:11 PM

2014 CLS63 S
ya im not messing with the gas.

thats not the problem. i use the same gas as all the tuners advertise and they dont claim race gas is needed for their gains.
Well I am only saying to add higher octane to offset for crappy 93 octane. Maybe its just where I live but if I fill up with 93 at a QT the car runs like crap and I can see the Fuel Trims trying to compensate. They load up their 93 with junk ethanol (Not like E85 which is 100 or so octane). I fill up at 2 Shell gas stations with 93 octane (V power) and there really is a difference.

Aside from the fuel quality I would look into false knock retarding the timing. If you can log Fuel trims that may tell a tale of a lean issue causing the timing to lower. I will try and find some of my stock logs and see what the timing is at across the board. Being tuned they should be a bit higher if not just more consistent across the RPM range
Old 06-16-2017, 08:40 PM

2014 CLS63 S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3S3RwkrWkU

does it look like the transmission is slipping in this pull?

i thought it was traction control cutting in at the time. but not sure.
Doesn't look like its slipping just looks like it was low in the rpm so the clutches disengaged for a second to get revs up the engaged again. Kind of like what you would do in a manual transmission. I wonder if possibly torque management is killing your timing? I am not familiar with the tuning maps/tables on the Mercedes but I know on GM stuff you can pull timing for toque management. The TM seems to be an issue when the HP gets over 700 on our cars in the US but overseas they seem to turn it off or something.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:30 PM

Doesn't look like its slipping just looks like it was low in the rpm so the clutches disengaged for a second to get revs up the engaged again. Kind of like what you would do in a manual transmission. I wonder if possibly torque management is killing your timing? I am not familiar with the tuning maps/tables on the Mercedes but I know on GM stuff you can pull timing for toque management. The TM seems to be an issue when the HP gets over 700 on our cars in the US but overseas they seem to turn it off or something.

thanks. so im basically at a loss.

this car is essentially a taxi now. unless i can get to the bottom of this.

i wish there was somewhere in Canada i could ship the car to and say here. "make it trap 130+ mph".

left lane
Old 06-18-2017, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG

i wish there was somewhere in Canada i could ship the car to and say here. "make it trap 130+ mph".

left lane
honestly, call Eurocharged Canada in toronto, speak to Ben or vlad. They will certainly be able to help you out as they have tuned MANY of these cars with great results (126-128mph traps).
Old 06-18-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Amg63-
honestly, call Eurocharged Canada in toronto, speak to Ben or vlad. They will certainly be able to help you out as they have tuned MANY of these cars with great results (126-128mph traps).
The car was just tuned last week by eurocharged. They got extra Power but that's not the problem. Did you not read my initial post?

Can they rebuild transmissions because I'm.thinking thats the problem along with needing a turbo upgrade.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
The car was just tuned last week by eurocharged. They got extra Power but that's not the problem. Did you not read my initial post?

Can they rebuild transmissions because I'm.thinking thats the problem along with needing a turbo upgrade.
did you not read my post?

not every Eurocharged shop does exactly the same work and use exactly the same files, they are independent.

Did you get the work done at the toronto shop or elsewhere?

they certainly should be able to help you get to the bottom
of it so maybe try contacting them
Old 06-18-2017, 11:10 PM

did you not read my post?

not every Eurocharged shop does exactly the same work and use exactly the same files, they are independent.

Did you get the work done at the toronto shop or elsewhere?

they certainly should be able to help you get to the bottom
of it so maybe try contacting them

so you didn't read my post.

ok.

as i said already. JERRY from EUROCHARGED PERSONALLY tuned the car.

now please stop responding to my post.

i'm tired of arguing with you.

Last edited by mainly; 06-18-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
so you didn't read my post.

ok.

as i said already. JERRY from EUROCHARGED PERSONALLY tuned the car.

now please stop responding to my post.

i'm tired of arguing with you.
wow are you illiterate?

i JUST finished saying that all the Eurocharged shops are not the same. Eurocharged Canada is not using the same files, not doing the same work in tuning the car as the US.

This is why im suggesting to contact them as they will be able to use their knowledge and do different testing to see what the problem is and likely resolve it as they have done MANY and are more local to you.

Oh well, I guess seeing that your a ***** you got what you deserved. I hope you crash it and move on to a different forum, no reason to help people like you with that attitude.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:53 AM

wow are you illiterate?

i JUST finished saying that all the Eurocharged shops are not the same. Eurocharged Canada is not using the same files, not doing the same work in tuning the car as the US.

This is why im suggesting to contact them as they will be able to use their knowledge and do different testing to see what the problem is and likely resolve it as they have done MANY and are more local to you.

Oh well, I guess seeing that your a ***** you got what you deserved. I hope you crash it and move on to a different forum, no reason to help people like you with that attitude.
i told you this already but it seems im having to repeat myself over and over anyway so here goes.

listen, the car has been tuned 4 times by 3 different tuning companies. but the problem persists. tuning is NOT the issue.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Doesn't matter the shop has a TON of experience with these cars. You think all they do is tune it and that's it? No knowledge of how to diagnose problems as if that never comes up?

ive personally witnessed them troubleshooting all kinds of AMGs there with various issues that come up and usually they get down to the bottom of it and get the issues fixed.

All i I said was simply give them a call and see if they can help out, nothing wrong with that and they can likely be of huge help.

Anyway do whatever you want I don't give a damn anymore, im out, enjoy your malfunctioning m157.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:10 AM

Doesn't matter the shop has a TON of experience with these cars. You think all they do is tune it and that's it? No knowledge of how to diagnose problems as if that never comes up?

ive personally witnessed them troubleshooting all kinds of AMGs there with various issues that come up and usually they get down to the bottom of it and get the issues fixed.

All i I said was simply give them a call and see if they can help out, nothing wrong with that and they can likely be of huge help.

Anyway do whatever you want I don't give a damn anymore, im out, enjoy your malfunctioning m157.
The more you type the more i think there's a village somewhere missing its idiot.
The assertion that a tuner that has Never seen or worked on my car can diagnose and solve a problem over the phone is literally the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You're hereby dismissed from the adult table.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:20 PM

2014 CLS63 S

left lane
Is this the only run you have? What are you doing for technique at the track? Those are waaaay off. With your dyno numbers the 60' should be waaay better.

Are you turning traction control all the way off?
Are you power braking off the line or using Race Start?
What mode are you going down the strip?
Old 06-19-2017, 12:30 PM

Is this the only run you have? What are you doing for technique at the track? Those are waaaay off. With your dyno numbers the 60' should be waaay better.

Are you turning traction control all the way off?
Are you power braking off the line or using Race Start?
What mode are you going down the strip?
all runs were basically the same. i managed 12.0X but this was the highest trap speed.

they were clean runs. i usually use sport+., i dont think i ever used traction control all the way off. but i have gone with it all the way off on the street and it doesn't improve the acceleration. at those speeds(110-120 mph) the traction control isnt going to be interfering anyway.

one 60 foot was 1.8 but that run had a slower trap speed. would it?

just basically power braking or using launch control, ive used both.

trust me ive tried everything, but i didnt think any of that would affect trap speed.

Last edited by mainly; 06-19-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:59 PM

2014 CLS63 S
all runs were basically the same. i managed 12.0X but this was the highest trap speed.

they were clean runs. i usually use sport+., i dont think i ever used traction control all the way off. but i have gone with it all the way off on the street and it doesn't improve the acceleration. at those speeds(110-120 mph) the traction control isnt going to be interfering anyway.

one 60 foot was 1.8 but that run had a slower trap speed. would it?

just basically power braking or using launch control, ive used both.

trust me ive tried everything, but i didnt think any of that would affect trap speed.
Where is your dragstrip located? Like city?
Old 06-19-2017, 12:59 PM

Where is your dragstrip located? Like city?
edmonton.