C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Air suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLS63 AMG S
Air suspension

I haven’t had my 14 CLS 63 AMG S model long. I’m sure there is a reason for the suspension to go up and down but it seems it randomly does this. When I’m getting has it goes up and down a few times like it can’t make its mind up. Why does it do this?
Old 07-18-2019, 09:41 AM

2014 CLS63 AMG S
Anyone?
Old 07-18-2019, 02:29 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Originally Posted by RussZTT
Anyone?
Not sure why it would do that randomly. But I have some questions.
Does it do it when you start the car?
Check the manual suspension setting. Is it stuck or does it change randomly? What if you manually change the setting yourself, does it work ?
Do you change modes a lot ? Like S to S+ and comfort? Try leaving the modes (using your steering controls) on AMG mode, where you can see the suspension settings. Does the settings change there while the car is rising?
Also if your struts are leaking air, then it will sag but then the pump will kick in and make it rise up again.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:02 AM

2014 CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by Terence E ENoh
Not sure why it would do that randomly. But I have some questions.
Does it do it when you start the car?
Check the manual suspension setting. Is it stuck or does it change randomly? What if you manually change the setting yourself, does it work ?
Do you change modes a lot ? Like S to S+ and comfort? Try leaving the modes (using your steering controls) on AMG mode, where you can see the suspension settings. Does the settings change there while the car is rising?
Also if your struts are leaking air, then it will sag but then the pump will kick in and make it rise up again.
Sorry for the late response, I’ve been out of the country for a few weeks. I appreciate the response.
*I’m not sure if it does this when I start the car, only notice it when it’s off.
*I didn’t know I could change the settings manually or where to do it. If it’s the knob on the console, I never mess with those.
*Once in a blue moon I’ll change to S if I need to take off quicker than normal just so it will get into 1st gear. I’ll try what you suggested to see if I see them change.
*I don’t hear any air leaking to warrant them to fill back up but I will check next time i’m getting gas.