C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Is a CLS considered a super sports sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Granite Grey CLS55
Is a CLS considered a super sports sedan?

Sorry for the amount of threads, but this section is so dead... and the traffic is lacking, we need to spice up the conversations here a bit.

Anyway, I was reading this article on the Lamborghini Estoque concept which is supposed to fit in the class of a super sports sedan, which so far consists of a Porsche Panamara, Aston Martin Rapide, and the Buggatti 16 C Galiber.

Now, what puts these cars in the class of a super sports sedan? The hp? the cost?

The Panamara isn't THAT much more expensive than a CLS63, and it's not even as fast. With that said, is the CLS considered a super sports sedan? After all it does have 500HP+, and a price tag of over $100K.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
I would say in the Mercedes line up it's the S65 and S600.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63, GLK350
Originally Posted by X-Vert
Sorry for the amount of threads, but this section is so dead... and the traffic is lacking, we need to spice up the conversations here a bit.

Anyway, I was reading this article on the Lamborghini Estoque concept which is supposed to fit in the class of a super sports sedan, which so far consists of a Porsche Panamara, Aston Martin Rapide, and the Buggatti 16 C Galiber.

Now, what puts these cars in the class of a super sports sedan? The hp? the cost?

The Panamara isn't THAT much more expensive than a CLS63, and it's not even as fast. With that said, is the CLS considered a super sports sedan? After all it does have 500HP+, and a price tag of over $100K.
I saw the new Panamara at a MB event last weekend. It is ugly and the CLS63 would compete in the same class as the cars you mentioned.