C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Photos of my new CLS55 P030..Happy BUT....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:42 AM
CNJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Photos of my new CLS55 P030..Happy BUT....

Hi all. Newbie here and just picked up a 28K mile CLS55 with Performance Package with one owner. I searched high and low for the color I wanted (interior/exterior) with options and finally found it. I am super happy with and love the car BUT need advice on the following:

- I'm located on the West Coast and worked with an out of state high end euro car dealership (who will remain nameless for now).

- The dealership advertised the car as having the full performance package and was asking a higher price compared to other 55's because of this package. (upgraded wheels, headliner, steering wheel, brakes, and limited slip)

- I did my due diligence.... Paid for local MB dealrship to conduct PPI, Had dealer take additional photos & reviewed higher res pics, reverified VIN as having 030 as advertised, obtained original window sticker from MB dealership, etc. I did everything except fly over there to see car.

- I bought the car and paid the premium to get the 030 package.

- When the car arrived, the car had REPLICA CHINA MADE 1 PIECE WHEELS that looked exactly like the 2-piece 030 wheels. It even has the grooves and bolts to make it look like a two piece wheel. This definitely affects the resale value of this car as the 030 is incomplete AND I paid a higher price with the dealership stating that the car had the full performance package.

- I contacted the dealership to which they were not very accommodating. They said that they'd give me $700 after I remove the replicas that came with the car and send them back to them (I pay shipping) WITH the tires as well. It felt like an even bigger slap in the face.As you all know, these wheels are extremely rare and are not cheap at all.

- Has anyone on the forum dealt with something like this and had success in rectifying this situation? As you can see from the pics, the car is beautiful but it leaves a very sour and distasteful taste in my mouth regarding the purchase, plus has made me uncomfortable as to the china replica wheels' sturdiness and ability to handle the car and power (2 of the 4 wheels cracked in the first 150 miles of driving...had to get them welded)

- Should I contact the BBB? All I want is to have the right 2-piece 030 wheels, not some china made knockoffs. I've worked extremely hard and saved for years to finally buy one of these cars. Any help on this would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Photos of my new CLS55 P030..Happy BUT....-dscn0705.jpg   Photos of my new CLS55 P030..Happy BUT....-dscn0704.jpg   Photos of my new CLS55 P030..Happy BUT....-dscn0697.jpg   Photos of my new CLS55 P030..Happy BUT....-dscn0696.jpg   Photos of my new CLS55 P030..Happy BUT....-dscn0692.jpg  

Old 09-08-2011, 03:05 AM

2013 E63 Bi Turbo PP
Nice car, what does the p030 package give you exactly? more power?
Old 09-08-2011, 06:57 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
raise hell man!
that sounds very low brow to me man........

good luck huh?
it is a beauty however.......except for those rivets
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I would not take that car with the replica wheels. I would move earth and water to get this situation fixed. If the dealer advertised it as the original 030 package thats what it should be. Hell No....not acceptable. Try buying the wheels at the dealer...you will get hit with like $5-6K.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:03 AM

e63
You should definitely get that rectified. The dealer should send you the wheels and tires that should have come with the car, at their cost. Otherwise you should take them to court.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
mercedes cls63
nice looking car bro hope everything works out for you.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08' SL55 amg
Don't waist your time dealing with the better business bureau.
If the dealership is a BBB contributor, it's a waist of time.
Also, I think you should expose the dealership. They deserve it.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by CNJ
Hi all. Newbie here and just picked up a 28K mile CLS55 with Performance Package with one owner. I searched high and low for the color I wanted (interior/exterior) with options and finally found it. I am super happy with and love the car BUT need advice on the following:

- I'm located on the West Coast and worked with an out of state high end euro car dealership (who will remain nameless for now).

- The dealership advertised the car as having the full performance package and was asking a higher price compared to other 55's because of this package. (upgraded wheels, headliner, steering wheel, brakes, and limited slip)

- I did my due diligence.... Paid for local MB dealrship to conduct PPI, Had dealer take additional photos & reviewed higher res pics, reverified VIN as having 030 as advertised, obtained original window sticker from MB dealership, etc. I did everything except fly over there to see car.

- I bought the car and paid the premium to get the 030 package.
- When the car arrived, the car had REPLICA CHINA MADE 1 PIECE WHEELS that looked exactly like the 2-piece 030 wheels. It even has the grooves and bolts to make it look like a two piece wheel. This definitely affects the resale value of this car as the 030 is incomplete AND I paid a higher price with the dealership stating that the car had the full performance package.

- I contacted the dealership to which they were not very accommodating. They said that they'd give me $700 after I remove the replicas that came with the car and send them back to them (I pay shipping) WITH the tires as well. It felt like an even bigger slap in the face.As you all know, these wheels are extremely rare and are not cheap at all.

- Has anyone on the forum dealt with something like this and had success in rectifying this situation? As you can see from the pics, the car is beautiful but it leaves a very sour and distasteful taste in my mouth regarding the purchase, plus has made me uncomfortable as to the china replica wheels' sturdiness and ability to handle the car and power (2 of the 4 wheels cracked in the first 150 miles of driving...had to get them welded)

- Should I contact the BBB? All I want is to have the right 2-piece 030 wheels, not some china made knockoffs. I've worked extremely hard and saved for years to finally buy one of these cars. Any help on this would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What does this say for the $tealership that did the inspection ?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
that car also has an aftermarket parking sensor system installed, not a factory parktronic... nothing on the front bumper and sensors are in the wrong places on the rear bumper...
Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Contact your lawyer and have him call the GM of the dealer, sometimes you have to go right to the top in order to get issues like this resolved.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Contact your lawyer and have him call the GM of the dealer, sometimes you have to go right to the top in order to get issues like this resolved.
Since it went over state lines , federal consumer protection laws come into play. Your attorney will know this.

Red Chinese wheels are not genuine AMG. They are not safe. If you search there was a thread on a BS that crashed while the "tuner" had it after they installed aftermarket wheels. Does the dealer want to take on that liability?

You have two dealers in trouble. The second dealer failed to perform, should at least get your inspection fee back. mBusa should ante up some goodwill money for real wheels.

PS it is often helpful to have a forum, MBCA member, or AMG PL member check out the car too as a courtesy.

Last edited by grane; 09-08-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Various
Great pick up but sorry to hear about the issues.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

RAISE HELL!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
I have a genuine P030 optioned 55 with the Premium 2 package (blue colored parking bulb next to headlite in the lens-in lieu of clear colored bulb), parktronic, self closing truck.

The P030 options and markings are as follows:
  • Alcantara Steering Wheel
  • 2 piece rims (remove the tire and can see the amg forged markings and decals)
  • Compound front Brake Rotors (2 piece 15in dia rotors which does not appear in your photos)
  • Decal in the gas cap door stating the Hi Speed Tire Ratings ”(Y) extra load-XL”
  • LSD rear end (6 lines into the ABS pump unit in lieu of 5)
  • No spare tire(reconfigured trunk compartment so that no spare tire is molded into the deck lining-equipped with air pump)
  • Stiffer suspension (no special markings)
  • Speed limiter raised to 186 from 155 mph (this might be a fun option to test)
Sounds like someone stripped some of the P030 options since you VIN-NetStar printouts indicates it is equiped with P030. If that is the case, the Seller skirted around the fraud issue.

Last edited by m_berman; 09-08-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 PM

2013 E63 Bi Turbo PP
Originally Posted by m_berman
I have a genuine P030 optioned 55 with the Premium 2 package (blue colored parking bulb next to headlite in the lens-in lieu of clear colored bulb), parktronic, self closing truck.

• Compound front Brake Rotors (2 piece 15in dia rotors which does not appear in your photos)
  • Decal in the gas cap door stating the Hi Speed Tire Ratings ”(Y) extra load-XL”
  • No spare tire(reconfigured trunk compartment so that no spare tire is molded into the deck lining-equipped with air pump)
Sounds like someone stripped some of the P030 options since you VIN-NetStar printouts indicates it is equiped with P030. If that is the case, the Seller skirted around the fraud issue.

My E55 has 320kms per hour on the the speed limiter or 200mph i wonder why yours is lower.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by gmeup
My E55 has 320kms per hour on the the speed limiter or 200mph i wonder why yours is lower.
The speedo is the same as yours. But non p030 car top speed is 155mph and P030 top speed is 186 mph-the speedo always shows more than the car can go.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:22 PM
CNJ

CLS55
Originally Posted by m_berman

M_berman,

Thanks for the info. Just checked all of the 030 markings and its all there.....except the wheels. the steering wheel, rating on cap, modified spare, etc. Even checked the front rotors....15" diameter and MUCH bigger than the rear brakes.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:26 PM
CNJ

CLS55
Originally Posted by grane
Since it went over state lines , federal consumer protection laws come into play. Your attorney will know this.

Red Chinese wheels are not genuine AMG. They are not safe. If you search there was a thread on a BS that crashed while the "tuner" had it after they installed aftermarket wheels. Does the dealer want to take on that liability?

You have two dealers in trouble. The second dealer failed to perform, should at least get your inspection fee back. mBusa should ante up some goodwill money for real wheels.

PS it is often helpful to have a forum, MBCA member, or AMG PL member check out the car too as a courtesy.
Grane and C43AMG,

I did call the dealership at the onset and they said that their PPI is "ONLY" to verify the mechanical and operational integrity of the vehicle and to NOT verify that all the parts are OEM or as advertised.

Extremely frustrating to say the least.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 PM
CNJ

CLS55
Anyone have the CLS 030 wheels for sale?

All,

Thanks for the input. I'm figuring out how to move forward and your opinions are appreciated.

In the event the dealer decides to replace the wheels or settle, I gather that they would only ante up the $ for used 030 wheels vs. buying new from MB. As it was a used car purchase, this seems more of a possibility that they could swallow vs. buying new.

With that said, does anyone have their 030 wheels for sale? If so, please PM. Also for shipping cost purposes, I'm in CA.

I'm even more concerned that these China replicas could blow on me after reading these posts.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG (Fully branded CLS 63 AMG / Special Color Ferrari Grigio Titanio)
Nice car ! Congrats !!
Sorry to hear about the issues...

BTW, does anyone know where I can get these smoked rear/tail lights ??

Thanks !!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by CNJ
Grane and C43AMG,

I did call the dealership at the onset and they said that their PPI is "ONLY" to verify the mechanical and operational integrity of the vehicle and to NOT verify that all the parts are OEM or as advertised.

Extremely frustrating to say the least.
That's a bunch of crap. Slush wheels compromise the mechanical and operational integrity of the vehicle.

Lawyer up. Ask the mouthpiece how much it would cost to write a letter for you. Have them copy AMG. You'll get better results that way.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 AM

03 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by grane
That's a bunch of crap. Slush wheels compromise the mechanical and operational integrity of the vehicle.

Lawyer up. Ask the mouthpiece how much it would cost to write a letter for you. Have them copy AMG. You'll get better results that way.
Agreed.

OP I feel for ya I really do. At the very least make a big fuss and expose them online like others have done.

Cheap knockoff rims after all you have been through to make sure your vehicle was 100% legit?

Unacceptable. Agreed.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS63 | 06 SLK350
Originally Posted by xpl0sive
that car also has an aftermarket parking sensor system installed, not a factory parktronic... nothing on the front bumper and sensors are in the wrong places on the rear bumper...
You're right ... good eye!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:45 PM

CLS
Hate to hear stories like this. Sorry to hear.

If the dealership went out of their way to only offer this car at a premuim price because of the 030 package and you can verify the car was delivered to you exactly the way it left the dealership, you can find a lawyer and take them to court for fraud. Plain and simple.

If they advertised and sold the car to you with that package and listed the options included in that packae then you have a case.

Give them the opportunity to make it right. If they don't, I'd call up an attorney and go after both the stealership and the MB dealership that did the presale inspection.

I can see just from the pics the wheels look wrong especially from the rear offsets. They also look like 20's. Are they 19's?

Question. Is only $700 the premium they charged over a standard 55? Are they offering you that?

I live in Los Angeles but have flown all the way to New York before to look at a car. Seems crazy but elimnaates issues like this.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

P.S. I'm not an attorney or pretend to be one.

Eith
Old 09-10-2011, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
CNJ, good luck--as already said several times, it's unacceptable for the dealer to charge a premium for 030 and then deliver a car with knockoff wheels.

That being said, lawyer up and keep the car but force them to replace the wheels. You won't find another '06 CLS55 with such low mileage with a 030 package in that good of shape. If that's the car you want, work with them to fix the problem and then enjoy the hell out of it. They're just wheels. It's the rest of the car you'll go nuts over.