Watches Forum to discuss, research and buy/sell watches and timepieces.

FS: TAG Heuer Carrera 300 SLR Limited Edition

Old 01-09-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 M3
FS: TAG Heuer Carrera 300 SLR Limited Edition

For sale is my TAG Heuer Carrera 300 SLR chronograph (model: CAR2112.FC6267).

This timepiece:
This particular watch is number 2083 out of 5000 limited edition timepieces made to celebrate the Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR of the 1950s. Purchased in 6/14/14 at Tivol Jewelers in Kansas City, it comes with all original parts, inner and outer boxes, as well as papers and warranty card. The warranty is honored at any TAG Heuer Service Centers.

The face of the watch is a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, with anti-reflective coating. It is in perfect condition, as you can tell by the numerous photos attached (I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed taking them).

The brown sunbeam dial is reminiscent of vintage wristwatches, and the orange tip at the chronograph hands contrasts beautifully with the original calfskin perforated strap, as well as the handmade “Luther” strap from Bas & Lokes (valued at $140). The dial, as well as the deployment strap have omitted “TAG” and only read “Heuer”, as to stay true to the vintage creation of Heuer’s Carrera models. The seconds hand is at the 9 position, staying non-intrusive to the beautiful design of the watch. The minutes and hour hands of the chronograph are at the 12 and 6 positions, respectively. The date is located in the 6’oclock chronograph hour dial.

The case back is engraved beautifully with the 1955 Merecedes-Benz 300 SLR, as well as the “Limited Edition” banner with 2083/5000 engraved just below it. Below that is the model number (CAR2112) and the timepiece’s unique reference ID number. Please contact me for that information if interested.

The pushers work perfectly and smoothly, as does the chronograph function of the watch. The tachymeter is very handsomely located at an angled ring outside of the dial, proving useful without detracting from the simply elegant bezel.

The replacement strap (which will be included) is a handmade “Luther” strap from Bas & Lokes, used to preserve the original brown and orange perforated calfskin strap. The perforation stays true to the racing traditions in high-end sports timepieces. The deployment clasp fold smoothly and has two push-buttons to secure and release the clasp. It also shows minor wear from normal use.

I rate this watch in very good to excellent condition, showing very little signs of wear, as there are minor hairline scratches at the 6’clock lug from strap changes, just above that next to the model number, and a few minor hairline scratches at the 9’oclock side of the case. I invite you to see these minor scratches with the high-resolution images I have provided.

The movement is TAG Heuer’s in-house Calibre 1887 movement, which raised some eyebrows when first introduced. It houses 39 jewels, with a balance frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4Hz). The Calibre 1887 has a power reserve for about 50 hours, 40 hours when chronograph is engaged.

I am asking $3200 or best offer. Great buy considering MRSP is ~$5000. I will accept payments by Paypal (we split the 3% fee), or by bank wire. It will be shipped to your confirmed US address via USPS Priority Mail, free of charge. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like additional photos.
Check out my references on Ebay (ivnb92) or on WatchuSeek.
References:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/smo...l#post10249730
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/ivn...r-1279578.html

History:
Named after the race, Le Carrera Panamericana Rally Mexico, that was held from 1950-1954, Heuer introduced the Carrera in 1964.
Much like the 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SLR, the TAG Heuer Carrera was retouched and reintroduced into the world in the 21st century. Originally limited to just 3000 pieces, TAG Heuer increased the number to 5000 in anticipation for high demand due to the new 1887 Calibre movement.

Professional Reviews:
http://www.calibre11.com/review-tag-heuer-300-slr/
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f25/wus...ew-548393.html
Old 09-14-2015, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bycikle
Very Nice. Love this watch.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 CLK 320 cabriolet
Beautiful