Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Hankook EVO 12 first impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 amg, 1998 328i
Hankook EVO 12 first impressions

For such a affordable tire I am VERY pleased. It has rained in Iowa all day and my first miles on the tires were as better than the Continental Contact2 and as good as the Michelin Pilot Sports. I was ready to get the Sumitomo HTRZ III, but I read a excellent road and track review so I said why not.

Very grippy in the wet. Now it has rained on and off for weeks in Iowa so there is no oil, rubber, or grease left on the roads like you folks in the south get with the rare rains to give false traction reads. Scale of quiet better than the pilot sport, slightly noisier than contact 2s. will post updates tommorrow with dry traction hopefully, if its wet I will try to see how much it takes to turn on stability control

Last edited by eclipsed; 08-27-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:21 AM

def let me know i was thinking to get these as well but wasnt sure also thought to get fk452 !!!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ISS Forged project coming soon...
Old 08-30-2009, 09:25 PM

2002 C32 amg, 1998 328i
more info

I found a 4 leaf clover on I-35 today and its a very tight one @ 25 miles per hour. The tires held to 60 but the lateral gs for me was uncomfortable because of rough surface work. I heard no outside left front squalling. I did however hear the inside rear tire slightly squealing as the tire lifted off the pavement. (on a down hill curve). I my head off. I took this faster than when I had the Contact2s or the Pilot sports.

When I stopped 10 miles later I saw little to no signs of scuffing due to tire rollover. I can barely spin the tires from a dead stop now. I love hearing tires go up in smoke but the launch is much more satisfying now.