Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

BE AWARE OF AM FORGED /AUTO MOTORING IN MIAMI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
BE AWARE OF AM FORGED /AUTO MOTORING IN MIAMI

I just want to let everyone know how AM Forged/ AutoMotoring takes care of customers. I ordered a set of 20 inch forged wheel in July , 5 weeks ago. Keep in mind we are a dealer and have bought before from them. We also paid up front in full. I e mailed them several times on having completed in 4 weeks and was promised 4 weeks. Last thursday I was told that they were ready and they would over night them( I offered to and pay over night and paid it to take care of my customer) The wheels were coming from Cali and not Miami. Friday comes, no wheels. I was told the clearcoat has to dry and i would see them Monday of this week. Well Monday comes and now told that they only had three wheels and would over night them. I was told had to have them put together when was told Thursday they were done. The three wheels came in tuesday am on my expense. Now we are missing the fourth wheel. The fourth wheel was promised to me over night am delivery for Today Friday. Well guess what no wheel? I called Auto Motoring and was told that they had the 4th wheel there in Miami ? At that moment I went and pulled the three wheels out to see what i had. After looking at them i had three wheel the same when it is to be a staggered fitment. At that moment their manager calls me on my cell phone and tells me that they had a huge mess up and that i have three 21 inch wheels? then he says he has a set of whells in miami for me, the same wheel. tells me it is a set that another customer ordered 6 weeks ago and i can have them. Why did they not just send those last week? If I did get the three wheels the other day , the correct ones, why did they just not send the 4th one on Monday from Miami/ Do you know why, because they have told me so many stories in last week they do not even know what they told me or know what is going on. Please keep in mind that during the last week no one there answers the phone, no one returns calls or e mails.I asked 10 times for tracking on all wheels and never got anything from these guys. now i am told that they have aset of the wheels i need there in miami but they belong to another customer and i can have them. Also the manager said he will get to it after he buys food for their grand opening. That shows you their level of service and where customers come in order. I still do not have wheels, I have a pissed off customer due to this companies lack of service and not really giving a s***.
I have been in this indusrty 25 years and have delt with HRE, GFG, MHT etc on Forged three piece wheels, many know who I am and the reputation that my company gives mercedes owners. I have never dealt with a wheel company this bad before. BE AWARE OF ORDERING ANYTHING FROM AM FORGED, also they do not even build wheels, they are sub let by some one else.

I will keep this up until they take care of the situation..

Last edited by mbbpro; 08-28-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
sorry for your loss, but take a deep breath, relax, and try again. your post is tough to read.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:34 PM

E55
thanks

Originally Posted by i_am_amused
sorry for your loss, but take a deep breath, relax, and try again. your post is tough to read.
thanks, easy said than done sometimes..
Old 08-28-2009, 05:37 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
what is the name of the guy your are dealing with? ... and there website saays they ahve been in in business for years .... Grasnd Opening???????
Old 08-30-2009, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
sorry to hear about your situation. i'm going thru the some bs myself with D2autosport. i posted this and seeking for help as well. Seems like they just want your business ($$) and send you /say whatever it takes since they got your $$$....
Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
that's what happens when there are too many middle men. The end customer gets over-charged and terrible service.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Almost a Member!

S500
Is this that new place out on US1 in the Pinecrest area of Miami-Dade? I have driven by several times and had thought of walking in to see what they have.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 AM

E55
Chapter 2

Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
what is the name of the guy your are dealing with? ... and there website saays they ahve been in in business for years .... Grasnd Opening???????
Dealing with Darren, Jose and Junior, which never return e mails or calls.
They gave me their word that i would get the 4 wheels( that they have had for weeks, said i am getting some one elses wheels, which is a bunch of BS) over nighted for saturdayy delivery. I came in theis am and I got one wheel in ? Man these guysare the worst I have ever seen!

Guess they were too busy buying hotdogs for their grand opening and i think their hotdogs were more important.

On the three 21 inch wheels, they wanted to get those back before shipping my wheels, I told them no way !
Old 08-31-2009, 07:52 AM

E55
over charge

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
that's what happens when there are too many middle men. The end customer gets over-charged and terrible service.
customer being charged the same if they bought them direct, He would have been screwed by them the same way. He wanted a proper installation on his SL, and done correctly.

thank you