Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

suspension specifically for C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32
suspension specifically for C32

Hello, I'm looking for suspension options that are specifically designed for the C32. Some companies make suspensions generically for w203, like Eibach, but I'm really only interested in suspensions designed specifically for the C32, 75lbs weight difference be damned! :p

So far,
H&R makes springs
H&R makes coilovers
Blistein makes coilvers
Brabus
Carlsson
Kleeman
Renntech

Basically, I'm trying to find a non-tuner suspension setup that is designed for the C32, ideally a spring/shock combo. Help?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:29 PM

SLK32
What do you mean by "non-tuner" suspension? Every option you listed is considered a tuner.

What factors are important to you in a suspension? Adjustability? All out handling? Lowering the car? Increase in while maintaing close to stock ride? Is this a daily driver? Do you ever go to the track?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is NO full suspension in the market that specifically made for the C32. Renntech has springs specifically made for the C32. Carlsson and Bilstein coilovers are for W203 in general. But since they are fully adjustable, I think those are the best that you can get.

You have to understand there are only so many C32s being produced. And not every C32 owners would like to change their suspensions. It doesnt make much sense (from a financial point of view) to do all the R&D and make a suspension intended for such a small amount of vehicles.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 AM

2003 C32
Originally Posted by Harris
There is NO full suspension in the market that specifically made for the C32. Renntech has springs specifically made for the C32. Carlsson and Bilstein coilovers are for W203 in general. But since they are fully adjustable, I think those are the best that you can get.

You have to understand there are only so many C32s being produced. And not every C32 owners would like to change their suspensions. It doesnt make much sense (from a financial point of view) to do all the R&D and make a suspension intended for such a small amount of vehicles.
Thank you very much, a very helpful post and your rationale makes sense. Since nobody has done all the R&D for the C32, what is the best option for a suspension? see below for my application.

The thing that bothers me about a generic w203 suspension is that the stock suspension is already pretty good and tuned to the C32 specifically, so an "upgrade" to a generic w203 suspension (at least in my mind) may not be an upgrade at all. Yes, I'm aware that the difference in weight is almost insignificant, but still, it bothers me.

I'm going to put 19" wheels on my car, and it's a daily driver. To compensate for the harshness of the wheels, I'd like a suspension that is very compliant - I want to lose as few of the characteristics of the stock suspension as possible. I don't plan on going to the track, so adjustibility and a very aggressive suspension do not interest me.

I'm hearing good things about the H&R coilovers, but it sounds like overkill for my application because I'd likely set everything to "comfort" and leave it there. Renntech and H&R make c32 specific springs, but how do I know what shocks to pair them to, since none of the shocks are c32 specific, nor specific to those particular spring-rates? I'm thoroughly confused.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:35 AM

BLACK 2005 SLK55 AMG,02 SILVER C32(SOLD),02 ML320 SILVER(Sold),99 S320 BLUE, 03 E500 Sport Pewter
get kw2 they are awesome just put them on my car and they are good because you can adjust softness and hardness of ride
Old 05-18-2005, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Renault78law
Thank you very much, a very helpful post and your rationale makes sense. Since nobody has done all the R&D for the C32, what is the best option for a suspension? see below for my application.

The thing that bothers me about a generic w203 suspension is that the stock suspension is already pretty good and tuned to the C32 specifically, so an "upgrade" to a generic w203 suspension (at least in my mind) may not be an upgrade at all. Yes, I'm aware that the difference in weight is almost insignificant, but still, it bothers me.

I'm going to put 19" wheels on my car, and it's a daily driver. To compensate for the harshness of the wheels, I'd like a suspension that is very compliant - I want to lose as few of the characteristics of the stock suspension as possible. I don't plan on going to the track, so adjustibility and a very aggressive suspension do not interest me.

I'm hearing good things about the H&R coilovers, but it sounds like overkill for my application because I'd likely set everything to "comfort" and leave it there. Renntech and H&R make c32 specific springs, but how do I know what shocks to pair them to, since none of the shocks are c32 specific, nor specific to those particular spring-rates? I'm thoroughly confused.
Please send me an e-mail. I'll explain in detail.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:27 AM

SLK230K R170 modded by Carlsson
Hi!

In the AMG-Owners-Club-forum the Carlsson RS suspension is highly recommended by several owners of C32. You can ask those people about their experience with Carlsson coilovers, most of them are absolutely enthusiastic about it!

www.amg-owners-club.org

Best regards
Sauerkraut