Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Can I use my stock lugs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
525i Touring
Can I use my stock lugs?

Can I use my stock lugs on my aftermarket rims? I have a 1998 C280 and got 18x7.5 Katana Spazio rims and they came with super long lugs. Any help would be great

And one time I put rims on my car and I stretched out my emergeny brake... how do I prevent this?

Thanks

Last edited by r0csfinest; 06-11-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'85 380SL; '96 E320
1. Ensure your aftermarket wheels have the same ball seat as the stock wheels.

2. Put a stock lug into a stock wheel. Measure how much of the bolt extends out the back of the wheel.

3. Do the same with the aftermarket wheels. If the aftermarket lugs protrude the same distance as in #2 above, then you may use these. If not, try the stock lugs. They may stick out more or less than in #2, depending on the thickness of the aftermarket wheels.

4. If either lugs are too short, don't use them. If either are too long, you may go to a local machine shop to have them cut down (mine cost $15 to cut 20 lugs).

If you are using an original wheel as a spare, or will want to convert back to original wheels for winter driving or when you sell your car, consider this before cutting down your stock bolts.

Hope this helps.