Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

brake question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake question

I searched the forum and seems that Porterfield pads are the recommended ones. Are there any ceramic pads I should try? Where is the best place to get them? The dealer told me that when I change the pads, I need new sensors as well. Anyone know anything about this? Lastly, does anyone know a place in So Cal (san fernando valley area) where I can get this done? Dealer refused to do anything that is not OEM. Thanks.

Btw- this is for a CLK500.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:37 AM

2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by TMans
I searched the forum and seems that Porterfield pads are the recommended ones. Are there any ceramic pads I should try? Where is the best place to get them? The dealer told me that when I change the pads, I need new sensors as well. Anyone know anything about this? Lastly, does anyone know a place in So Cal (san fernando valley area) where I can get this done? Dealer refused to do anything that is not OEM. Thanks.

Btw- this is for a CLK500.

It would be good to buy the sensors and they are very inexpensive - like less than five bucks per sensor... when the brakes pads get low, you want the sensor to let u know so...

I have seen a lot of posts regarding porterfield pads also and I plan on purchasing a set to go in combination with my drilled brembo rotors...

http://www.formymercedes.com/porterfield.asp
This is a website where you could purchase the brake pads from - you could also try ebay - I found my rotors on ebay
Old 07-18-2005, 09:40 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
Akebono makes some very nice ceramic pads for the CLK 500
Old 08-01-2005, 02:37 AM

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone tried Akebono? Does anyone know a good place to install the pads and sensors?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 911 c4s cab, 2022 Lambo Urus
TMans, did u change your brake pads? i have the same car and need new brakes....porterfield seems a bit pricy? how long are they supposed to last? I need a cheap fix